It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The anticipation for Baldur’s Gate 3 is through the roof, as in a just a week from now, on August 3rd, the game will leave early access and be available in its full glory on GOG!

And that excitement, with Larian Studios at the helm, is well-founded. We wholeheartedly believe that with their exceptional track record, commitment to player feedback, and unwavering pursuit of innovation, they will deliver an unforgettable RPG experience in Baldur’s Gate 3. Today, we want to delve deeper into those three main reasons why we think so.

Legacy of amazing RPGs

Larian Studios' Divinity: Original Sin series stands as a testament to the studio's ability to craft immersive and captivating RPGs. In these games, everyone who played them were immersed in rich, interactive worlds brimming with lore, intriguing characters, and impactful decisions. Larian's storytelling prowess, supported by compelling dialogue and narrative arcs, drew players into its virtual realms, making them feel like an integral part of the unfolding story.

The series also highlighted Larian Studios' dedication to offering players the freedom to shape their own destinies. The extensive branching paths, choices with significant consequences, and non-linear exploration were all hallmarks of the series. As they venture into the iconic world of Baldur's Gate, Larian Studios is well-positioned to deliver a captivating narrative that reacts organically to players' decisions, ensuring an incredible RPG experience that stays true to the franchise's legacy and sets a new standard for the genre.

Commitment to community’s feedback

Larian Studios' relationship with its player community has been exemplary. Throughout the development of their previous games, the studio actively sought and valued player feedback, consistently engaging with the community. This open dialogue allowed them to address concerns, gather invaluable insights, and fine-tune their games for maximum enjoyment.

The studio's receptiveness to player input and willingness to implement meaningful changes based on feedback is reassuring for those eagerly awaiting Baldur’s Gate 3. The community's voice likely played a pivotal role in shaping the final product, ensuring that it resonates with the expectations and desires of long-time Baldur's Gate fans while welcoming new players to the franchise.

Innovation and technical expertise

Innovation has been at the core of Larian Studios' approach to game development. The Divinity: Original Sin series introduced groundbreaking features that elevated the RPG genre. Cooperative multiplayer allowed players to enjoy the adventure with friends, promoting dynamic and unique playthroughs. Interactive environments encouraged experimentation, as players discovered creative solutions to challenges using the environment itself.

Larian's Divinity Engine 2 showcased the studio's technical prowess, enabling players to craft their own adventures and mods with ease. This commitment to empowering players with creative tools is likely to carry over to Baldur’s Gate 3, and with their new Divinity 4.0 engine we can only imagine how stunning the graphics and how great the gameplay mechanics will be.

Of course those three reasons are amongst many others that assure us we will spend hundreds of hours in Baldur’s Gate 3 and enjoy every single moment of it. Larian Studios' ability to deliver an exceptional RPG experience is overwhelming and their passion for craft makes them the perfect developer to continue the legacy of the legendary series.

The wait is almost over – mark your calendars for August 3rd!
Because it's going to make you some money if they do?
high rated
Breja: Because it's going to make you some money if they do?
Considering that it's not on Epic or Windows Store or whatever, it should. Only two stores for people to choose from and both get it day one.
I hope it doesnt blow my poor pc apart. Hope it ll meet the specs.
I wonder where will my decisions lead me... hopely not towards some bear encounter :D
MatroxMedik: I hope it doesnt blow my poor pc apart. Hope it ll meet the specs.
I wonder where will my decisions lead me... hopely not towards some bear encounter :D
Speaking of the bear, do we know if that bear was supposed to be the player character or some other NPC?
Is this my cue to finally play DOS2? ;)
high rated
The game will be incredibly cool! I will definitely buy it when I get the opportunity
high rated
because they encouraged you (financially and/or otherwise) to write another fluff piece for this hidden gem nobody's heard about?
I'm hoping that WOTC won't try to slip some OGL-related shenanigans into the license. Looks hopeful, given that the store page doesn't say anything about any custom EULA yet.
There's only one reason people are talking about Baldur’s Gate 3 and it's not the role play.
high rated
If this forums would support images, it would be full of the Futurama meme...

"Shut up and take my money!"

Oh well, I already pre-ordered - so you already did...
Magmarock: There's only one reason people are talking about Baldur’s Gate 3 and it's not the role play.
That's blatantly false. There's been a lot of interest/controversy from the beginning. ("It's not a 'real' Baldur's Gate game blah blah blah.")
Lingxin: Oh well, I already pre-ordered - so you already did...
And a good thing too - I'm sure GOG is going to run out of stock very fast.
high rated
Magmarock: There's only one reason people are talking about Baldur’s Gate 3 and it's not the role play.
I just watched a couple trailers and some gameplay and I laughed the whole time. This is what video games are now? Sterile semi-interactive movies? What else besides the cash-grab title and crap-looking gameplay and over-wrought production has people talking about it?

Baldur's Gate was a story that concluded with Throne Of Bhaal. It was DnD 2 rules and Infinity Engine. Anything else is a fraud. I stopped playing new games shortly after the turn of the century. I thought Neverwinter Nights was the death knell for good RPGs, and looks like I may have been right.

Maybe it's time to do another solo REAL Baldur's Gate run.
Knowing what time this launches would be nice. My internet has been slow lately so I'm hoping to download it overnight.