It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Senteria: You guys bring up Undertale as an example. Let's look at a different example: Stardew Valley. A massive success launched Day 1 on both GOG and Steam. So it is very possible to get your game day 1 on gog. Stardew Valley is developed by 1 person and if only ONE person can get a simultanous release why can't more?
zeogold: How was the hype train on it running before release, though?
No Man's Sky had a day 1 release too, and look what a fiasco THAT was.
Stardew valley had a small following before release. Then the hype started when it was released and people really liked it. It wasn't that well known at all. To me it randomly appeared on the gog page and I bought it day 1.
Starmaker: Why do you assume Undertale wasn't released 0-day because of financial reasons? It could easliy be legal reasons, like the rightsholder or their lawyer not liking a phrase in the GOG contract gold fringe style. In contract work, I had people freak out over banal crap all the time. Recently, a guy quit his job and threatened to raise hell if the reason for his quitting was stated as the default "voluntary resignation". He wanted "bilateral agreement" instead. He got that and left happy.
Well, it's hard to believe that GOG spent 6 months revising a contract just for Undertale.
Senteria: Stardew valley had a small following before release. Then the hype started when it was released and people really liked it. It wasn't that well known at all. To me it randomly appeared on the gog page and I bought it day 1.
Same here.

LootHunter: Well, it's hard to believe that GOG spent 6 months revising a contract just for Undertale.
Legal back and forth takes a loooooooong time.
Lebostein: Often I ask indie developers why their games are not on GOG.com. The answers are the same in most cases: "GOG do not want our game" (for example: The Adventures of Bertram Fiddle) or "We send GOG a copy to review but have not heard any answer" (for example: Bear With Me)

What is the problem? And why Steam has no problem to release these games?
thats really interesting, i though gog got so greedy nowdays, it shoves in everything it can, for a handful of dollars.
It's not always that GOG refuses independent games. For example, the developers of Salt and Sanctuary say that they can't bring the game to GOG because it uses "too many back end Steam features to be fully functional on GOG" despite the game not having Cloud Saves, Steam Workshop support, or online multi-player and despite GOG Galaxy being a thing:
https://twitter.com/Shelldragon/status/786593117071736832
Post edited October 14, 2016 by SCPM