It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

kalirion: Methinks it's time.
yep, Cadaver747 has to answer
I'm not sure but could it be the Pulstar game?
Cadaver747: I'm not sure but could it be the Pulstar game?
It is indeed! Your turn!
OK, here goes nothing.
Attachments:
cave.jpg (41 Kb)
uh... System Shock?
csanjuro: uh... System Shock?
Yes, you guessed it right, it's you turn!

Wait a second, no, System Shock has graphics and the game in question is purely text adventure, Interactive Fiction.

It was the first hint.
Post edited May 31, 2023 by Cadaver747
I have played some text adventures based on that same engine. I recognize the font. However, I don't even remember the name of the engine and have neither played this game, I think... (I remember having played a fantasy game and another one set in the wild west)
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
csanjuro: uh... System Shock?
Cadaver747: Yes, you guessed it right, it's you turn!

Wait a second, no, System Shock has graphics and the game in question is purely text adventure, Interactive Fiction.

It was the first hint.
Planetfall?
Cadaver747: OK, here goes nothing.
Is it Stationfall, the 1987 infocom game?
Lone_Scout: I have played some text adventures based on that same engine. I recognize the font. However, I don't even remember the name of the engine and have neither played this game, I think... (I remember having played a fantasy game and another one set in the wild west)
Don't be put off by the font - the game was written in BASIC for a mainframe computer back in the day (I've only ever seen those in movies and possibly as a child when I didn't fully comprehend reality). In this particular case, the screenshot is from an adapted port for Windows x32, and the font looks the same as it does in Command prompt. As with the game Zork, the fonts differ on different platforms, so this isn't a reliable indicator.

As for the fantasy game, to my knowledge, there is one like that, to some extent at least. I'm not sure about the Wild West theme though. Either we're talking about the same thing or a similar project.
Time4Tea: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
No, the game predates its release by far.
kalirion: Planetfall?
Not that either.
morrowslant: Is it Stationfall, the 1987 infocom game?
And not that also. I haven't gotten to try those oldies fron Infocom yet, except for Zork I and a bit of Planetfall.

Hint #2

Cadaver747: I might come up with some obscure Interactive Fiction text game from time immemorial (sic!)
Attachments:
cave2.jpg (48 Kb)
Post edited June 01, 2023 by Cadaver747
Lone_Scout:
I just checked and found out that there is indeed a game with a Wild West theme. Perhaps you know the answer!

Well, it's nothing like that. Just browsing through various locations akin to forest areas around the house in Zork.
Attachments:
cave3.jpg (142 Kb)
Post edited June 01, 2023 by Cadaver747
Lone_Scout:
Cadaver747: I just checked and found out that there is indeed a game with a Wild West theme. Perhaps you know the answer!

Well, it's nothing like that. Just browsing through various locations akin to forest areas around the house in Zork.
Googling for <"text adventure" "sucked into a television"> got me to Castle :)
Post edited June 01, 2023 by kalirion
kalirion: Googling for <"text adventure" "sucked into a television"> got me to Castle :)
Technically it's correct, your turn!
That's the best kind of correct!

OK, next one!
Attachments:
protector.jpg (261 Kb)
Post edited June 02, 2023 by kalirion