It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Banished!

I was recommended it by one of our team and it's the best game of the sort I've played, I think.

Basically, it's an RTS city builder, where the environment is your main enemy (apart from your people's food-hoarding skills and badly-placed storage barns).

I love how simple the controls are (design-wise), how accommodating the UI can be when you move windows around or lock them in place to track and how challenging you can make the game with harsher weather, more difficult climates and natural disasters :D

The fact that it was developed by one sole guy makes it even more amazing.
Ciris: Banished!

I was recommended it by one of our team and it's the best game of the sort I've played, I think.

Basically, it's an RTS city builder, where the environment is your main enemy (apart from your people's food-hoarding skills and badly-placed storage barns).

I love how simple the controls are (design-wise), how accommodating the UI can be when you move windows around or lock them in place to track and how challenging you can make the game with harsher weather, more difficult climates and natural disasters :D

The fact that it was developed by one sole guy makes it even more amazing.
thk47: Until random regenerate name a Child name Demon was born :))

That's my UI set-up
...I'm concerned. I'm in year 15 with my town and got a message that "Dyed has died of old age" and it's like, that was foreshadowed upon birth. But this... This is kind of creepy. :p
Sunless Sea :D
Just been playing Hand of Fate and Enter the Gungeon all weekend :D

Hand of Fate starts getting difficult once you get the Scepter from the dealer.
i'm rediscovering Theme Hospital and Caesar III, periodically every couple years, and again now.

Nothing will ever give me as much joy as popping a few inflated heads and kicking some Carthaginian butt.
fables22: i'm rediscovering Theme Hospital and Caesar III, periodically every couple years, and again now.

Nothing will ever give me as much joy as popping a few inflated heads and kicking some Carthaginian butt.
iiago: Gotta love that juxtaposition.
Right?!
fables22: i'm rediscovering Theme Hospital and Caesar III, periodically every couple years, and again now.

Matewis: Oh me too with C3 which I'm battling with at the moment. I've kind of decided I'm not going to move onto Pharaoh again until I've beaten every single peaceful and dangerous mission, and with at least basic villas on each level that can support them.

I didn't realize what I was letting myself in for. It's gonna be a while :P But at least afterwards I can move onto Pharaoh with a clear conscience. And who knows, perhaps one day I'll manage to make it to Zeus and Emperor!
Have you played Pharaoh before? I gotta say it was never even close to being on par with C3 for me. Something about it just didn't click with me as well.
mistermumbles: I've got a fever! Transport Fever! Toot toot! ;) Yup, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. I can see how it may not be for everyone - the very definition of a niche game - but I'm having a grand old time with it, warts and all. :) I tend to spend more time than I probably should watching my trains (and planes now, too!) putter around on normal speed, but, hey, that's half the fun for me. I don't have the money or space for a real model railroad; this is pretty much the next best thing for me. The new industry chains are great, and the gameplay is much improved over its predecessor.
Transport Fever is awesome, that's why.
Post edited November 10, 2016 by fables22
fables22: Have you played Pharaoh before? I gotta say it was never even close to being on par with C3 for me. Something about it just didn't click with me as well.
Matewis: That's interesting. I have played it and it's my favorite of the two. Though I'll admit that I am a sucker for the ancient Egyptian vibe. Not that I don't also love the Asterix&Obelix-esque vibe of C3's cities :)

On a technical level I definitely prefer Pharaoh: roadblocks (though C3 also technically have those with gatehouse), monuments, and market/warehouse special orders are all stuff that I miss whenever I go back from Pharoah to C3.
I don't know, it might have to do with the aesthetics of C3 that just appeals to me a bit more. But maybe I need to give Pharaoh another shot to see if I feel differently quite a few years on.
fables22: I don't know, it might have to do with the aesthetics of C3 that just appeals to me a bit more. But maybe I need to give Pharaoh another shot to see if I feel differently quite a few years on.
Matewis: Atmosphere plays a big part I think with these games. It's why I've stayed away from Zeus for so long. The way the quasi historical settings of its predecessors are portrayed excites me way more for some reason. Though after Disney's Hercules I'm willing to give it a shot :)

Speaking of aesthetics, I love how stunning the series looks even today with a widescreen patches. If I can somehow muster the patience I'd really like to create full-sized screenshots of each city in its entirety. Hell of a job, but worth it: http://i.imgur.com/X8lnJnl.jpg
Wow, that is stunning!
Also, has anyone played Overcooked yet? Most fun I've had in ages (outside of the GOG HQ, obviously :))!
Night in the Woods and Shelter.
Kingdom Come Deliverance...finally
Unavowed, not really a point and click fan but god dammmmn am i enjoying this.
Doing my second Bloodborne run because I still need to defeat the Orphan of Kos. Other than that, I am thinking about a new Dragon age playthrough.