It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

misteryo: Just played another hour or so of Batman Arkham City.

I like the open world approach. You have the main story moving along, but you have all these side missions that come up. And you can choose what to focus on. It works for me. My game time is fragmented and sometimes short. So, being able to choose what to do at the moment is useful. Plus, even the main story breaks into bite-sized "levels" or challenges or rooms or episodes. So I don't get caught in something too big all at once.

Contrast that with Falskaar, a mod for Skyrim. It's well done. The author used it as his entree into a career. So he's showing off. But, I went into a dungeon and I'm still not out. I've played a couple hours. And I'm still in the dungeon. That can be good when you have 8 or so hours to spend in one chunk. I do not. Once I've made it our of the dungeon I may just leave Falskaar behind. The main Skyrim spaces are also sized pretty well for my needs. A dungeon? An hour or so. A few of the quests are bigger and longer, but they are also broken into smaller chunks and you can put them down and pick them up again later.

It has been interesting to me to watch my gaming values change with my life situation.

It's been so long since I frequently had large chunks of gaming time that I wonder what I would even do if I had a free weekend where I could spend as much time gaming as I wanted. I'm not even sure I would... hmmm...
Which dungeon are you referring to in Falskaar? I played though Falskaar late last year and I'm trying to think of which one you're talking about but my mind is drawing a blank. I can sort of remember one, maybe two that felt that long but my memory of Falskaar's dungeons is hazy at best.

Either way, most of the missions are manageable in Falskaar, the worst are a couple of quests where you have to go halfway across the island with the Jarl and, his court wizard and his housecarls and they never get the trigger to run, so it takes them hours in-game to get there, fast traveling and waiting won't make them magically appear. It's a really cool mod but it's definitely not perfect.
Just played a bit of Far Cry Classic, damn game froze my PS3. Then I tried Final Fantasy V... not sure what game to actually get into next.
MedievalBattle (srtumbled upon it here academmedia.com/en/apps/medieval_battle) right now. Came for graphics, stayed for the strategy elements.
Web browsing... =)
Played some more Gundemonium Recollection and almost beat (what I assume to be) the final boss of stage four. I turned off the in-game music and was listening to some freak folk instead while playing, so I'm going to credit that with my growing success in the game.
Shadowrun Returns

The game is way better and more pleasant than I originally expected it to be. Good looking too. Playing as a shaman. Lots of fun!
Post edited January 22, 2015 by Dessimu
Banished!

I was recommended it by one of our team and it's the best game of the sort I've played, I think.

Basically, it's an RTS city builder, where the environment is your main enemy (apart from your people's food-hoarding skills and badly-placed storage barns).

I love how simple the controls are (design-wise), how accommodating the UI can be when you move windows around or lock them in place to track and how challenging you can make the game with harsher weather, more difficult climates and natural disasters :D

The fact that it was developed by one sole guy makes it even more amazing.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Gifted to me by DampSquib, I'm having great fun with this one. It is quite long, it took me 8 hours just to beat the prologue!

It's a little bit too filled with anime clichés, but the story and characters are fun nonetheless.

At this point, I just wish the harder fights weren't so dependent on S-breaks and that the rest-spot-thingies were more abundant. I think I've seen about 3 of them only so far!

I'm also playing through F.E.A.R. 3 on a slower pace. It's somewhat fun, but I find the attempts at horror to be silly and tiresome.
Risen. I'm assuming I'm nearing the end of Chapter Two since I'm seemingly about finished with the main quest of the chapter. I've gotten Magic Bullet up to level 10, Sword Fighting up around level 5 and Alchemy maxed out at 3, so I'm getting close to a end game worthy build. I'm not sure if I want to level up Sword Fighting one more time so I can use a Bastard Sword in one hand and a shield in the other or if I want to level up strength instead so I can use the Demon's Blade, which is by far the strongest sword I've seen so far but you can't use a shield with it, it'll take about the same amount of Learning Points either way.
blackguard, there something strange feeling and def deep hate bout this game. sometimes the all mighty rng gods are to strong sometimes because the lack of avalaible info in game (tooltip/ui) confuse me why suddenly a chance to hit drop to red, sometimes the lack of free rotate camera frustate me when trying to click friend/foe in close quarter. grr for now gonna put it on hold for 3 day at least before i i could start to play it again
Just started The Cat Lady. Creepy game. Dark and disturbing. Also, still racing on Sonic All-Stars. Almost got all courses two stared. Then got to go back and 3 star all of them. That might be a little tough though. The game is definitely harder than Mario Kart.
Ciris: Banished!

I was recommended it by one of our team and it's the best game of the sort I've played, I think.

Basically, it's an RTS city builder, where the environment is your main enemy (apart from your people's food-hoarding skills and badly-placed storage barns).

I love how simple the controls are (design-wise), how accommodating the UI can be when you move windows around or lock them in place to track and how challenging you can make the game with harsher weather, more difficult climates and natural disasters :D

Until random regenerate name a Child name Demon was born :))

That's my UI set-up
Attachments:
Right now I'm jumping between Commandos 2 and the Chronicles of Riddick.

Commandos 2 is even deeper than the first installment, so much actually that managing all the hotkeys can be a little troubling. In any case, after a bit of practice (and several looks to the in-game guide) they come natural and help to craft a very complex game. The possibilities are countless!

I have still nothing to say about Riddick, as I have just begun. I chose to play on hard, and the guards can kill me in one ort two shots!
Ciris: Banished!

thk47: Until random regenerate name a Child name Demon was born :))

That's my UI set-up
...I'm concerned. I'm in year 15 with my town and got a message that "Dyed has died of old age" and it's like, that was foreshadowed upon birth. But this... This is kind of creepy. :p
I'm kind of trying to finish the last few levels of Unreal's expansion, but I keep losing interest because it's not as good as the base game. That led me pick up another FPS to scratch that hitch, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. One the last mission remains from the base game, and I want to tackle its expansions next.
But what's been keeping me really busy lately is the Deponia trilogy (half way through the 3rd now) and International Snooker. I like playing pool and I love seeing those tournaments on Eurosport, so this was one of the best purchases ever. =)