It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

i'm rediscovering Theme Hospital and Caesar III, periodically every couple years, and again now.

Nothing will ever give me as much joy as popping a few inflated heads and kicking some Carthaginian butt.
i got a better video card ( a radeon 7850 ) which is a lot better then my old geforce gt 730
so i am playing and replaying a lot of games in much higher settings including but not limited too

saints row 2
saints row 3
grid
grid 2
dirt 2
dirt 3
dirt rally
resident evil HD
resident evil 0
resident evil 6
batman arkham knight ( itss playable now )

and well a lot more
fables22: i'm rediscovering Theme Hospital and Caesar III, periodically every couple years, and again now.

Nothing will ever give me as much joy as popping a few inflated heads and kicking some Carthaginian butt.
Oh me too with C3 which I'm battling with at the moment. I've kind of decided I'm not going to move onto Pharaoh again until I've beaten every single peaceful and dangerous mission, and with at least basic villas on each level that can support them.

I didn't realize what I was letting myself in for. It's gonna be a while :P But at least afterwards I can move onto Pharaoh with a clear conscience. And who knows, perhaps one day I'll manage to make it to Zeus and Emperor!
fables22: i'm rediscovering Theme Hospital and Caesar III, periodically every couple years, and again now.

Gotta love that juxtaposition.
Starting Mankind Divided, I have very low expectation so should be hard to disappoint.

Initial impression: Interface is ugly and cumbersome as hell, they made it worse than Human Revolution. Movement is slow and clunky. Gameplay seems worse than the previous, how did they managed that. My god, it's even more of a cover based game than before, like I'm playing gears of war. The shooting sucks, I haven't played all weapons, but they feel like crap. Terrible performance optimization for PC, like worse than No Man's Sky. COD cliche intro rip off, then HL2 train station cliche intro rip off. I actually ran into a bug in the beginning that I can't exit from searching a container and had to reload the save game. Wow. And the people faces look so ugly compared to the previous game, it's like a step backward. I want a refund for this pile of shit. They had 5 years to improve on the last one and they managed to make it worse. They ingrained microtransaction into the game, with this stupid QR code thing I have to scan with a phone app to get extra contents? Fuck you Squareenix.
Post edited November 10, 2016 by eksasol
I've got a fever! Transport Fever! Toot toot! ;) Yup, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. I can see how it may not be for everyone - the very definition of a niche game - but I'm having a grand old time with it, warts and all. :) I tend to spend more time than I probably should watching my trains (and planes now, too!) putter around on normal speed, but, hey, that's half the fun for me. I don't have the money or space for a real model railroad; this is pretty much the next best thing for me. The new industry chains are great, and the gameplay is much improved over its predecessor.
Post edited November 10, 2016 by mistermumbles
I finished Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines recently and I think it's my favourite C-RPG. Aside from few bugs and combat which was sometimes not really fun, it was an incredible experience.

Now I'm trying to finish Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel on Vita and finally managed to create the character I wanted to play in Pillars of Eternity

And I can feel that POE is going to be amazing
AxHell: I finished Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines recently and I think it's my favourite C-RPG. Aside from few bugs and combat which was sometimes not really fun, it was an incredible experience.
yes

the only bad thing about the game other then having to use patches
is that troika went tits up after completing it
so there will never be something like it again

iiago: Gotta love that juxtaposition.
Right?!

Matewis: Oh me too with C3 which I'm battling with at the moment. I've kind of decided I'm not going to move onto Pharaoh again until I've beaten every single peaceful and dangerous mission, and with at least basic villas on each level that can support them.

I didn't realize what I was letting myself in for. It's gonna be a while :P But at least afterwards I can move onto Pharaoh with a clear conscience. And who knows, perhaps one day I'll manage to make it to Zeus and Emperor!
Have you played Pharaoh before? I gotta say it was never even close to being on par with C3 for me. Something about it just didn't click with me as well.
mistermumbles: I've got a fever! Transport Fever! Toot toot! ;) Yup, I'm thoroughly enjoying the game. I can see how it may not be for everyone - the very definition of a niche game - but I'm having a grand old time with it, warts and all. :) I tend to spend more time than I probably should watching my trains (and planes now, too!) putter around on normal speed, but, hey, that's half the fun for me. I don't have the money or space for a real model railroad; this is pretty much the next best thing for me. The new industry chains are great, and the gameplay is much improved over its predecessor.
Transport Fever is awesome, that's why.
Post edited November 10, 2016 by fables22
fables22: Have you played Pharaoh before? I gotta say it was never even close to being on par with C3 for me. Something about it just didn't click with me as well.
That's interesting. I have played it and it's my favorite of the two. Though I'll admit that I am a sucker for the ancient Egyptian vibe. Not that I don't also love the Asterix&Obelix-esque vibe of C3's cities :)

On a technical level I definitely prefer Pharaoh: roadblocks (though C3 also technically have those with gatehouse), monuments, and market/warehouse special orders are all stuff that I miss whenever I go back from Pharoah to C3.
fables22: Have you played Pharaoh before? I gotta say it was never even close to being on par with C3 for me. Something about it just didn't click with me as well.
Matewis: That's interesting. I have played it and it's my favorite of the two. Though I'll admit that I am a sucker for the ancient Egyptian vibe. Not that I don't also love the Asterix&Obelix-esque vibe of C3's cities :)

On a technical level I definitely prefer Pharaoh: roadblocks (though C3 also technically have those with gatehouse), monuments, and market/warehouse special orders are all stuff that I miss whenever I go back from Pharoah to C3.
I don't know, it might have to do with the aesthetics of C3 that just appeals to me a bit more. But maybe I need to give Pharaoh another shot to see if I feel differently quite a few years on.
fables22: I don't know, it might have to do with the aesthetics of C3 that just appeals to me a bit more. But maybe I need to give Pharaoh another shot to see if I feel differently quite a few years on.
Atmosphere plays a big part I think with these games. It's why I've stayed away from Zeus for so long. The way the quasi historical settings of its predecessors are portrayed excites me way more for some reason. Though after Disney's Hercules I'm willing to give it a shot :)

Speaking of aesthetics, I love how stunning the series looks even today with a widescreen patches. If I can somehow muster the patience I'd really like to create full-sized screenshots of each city in its entirety. Hell of a job, but worth it: http://i.imgur.com/X8lnJnl.jpg
AxHell: I finished Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines recently and I think it's my favourite C-RPG. Aside from few bugs and combat which was sometimes not really fun, it was an incredible experience.
snowkatt: yes

the only bad thing about the game other then having to use patches
is that troika went tits up after completing it
so there will never be something like it again
Ah but that's were you're wrong my good man. Paradox bought the rights to the World of Darkness universe and VTMB so it's very likely that we might get something :

http://supergamezeit.com/2016/03/rejoice-white-wolfs-back-from-the-dead/

As for using patches well given how Activision rushed Troika (if I remember correctly) it's understandable why they released the game in such broken state.
Still Troika was a great company but it's good to know that some of it's former members are now working for Obsidian and InXile
Post edited November 10, 2016 by AxHell
Okay, so I just played 2 more hours today and I'm just going to say Mankind Divided my pick for the worst game of 2016, more than No Man's Sky. I was fooled by reviewers I trusted into wasting on money on this. It felt like they allowed a bunch of new people to design the game who never had experience with Deus Ex.

The whole Prague atmosphere is a rip off from Half Life 2 and it's not interesting. I haven't played through the whole game, but the missions are boring. Doing the missions felt like chores, not having fun. I don't care about any of the characters, maybe it's the cold way everything is portrayed, or how awkward they made the animation, or probably due to obviously Squeenix wanted to cheap out on hiring good voice actors (compared to last game), and the face designs are subjectively terrible.

The movement is so clunky in this game, it should be something made in 2000, like Soldier of Fortune 2. Since everything is stiff it makes for unnatural and unenjoyable fire fights. Then there is this obsession with drawn out animation for everything in the game, I get flashback of the slow motion takedowns in Skyrim. You get short animation sequence for everything you do, and it's a waste of time to watch them and not able to skip.

The game lost it's core, which essentially is to feel like a badass half cyborg. This game goes out of it's way to make you feel week, which pretty much is the opposite of Deus Ex. This isn't freeking Silent Hill. I beat my Deus Ex games on max difficulty with short range weapons, I'm not a noob. Deus Ex is successful in the past by the fact that it gives you the flexibility to achieve your goals. This game wants you to spend real money to buy Praxis kit.

Lastly, WTF is with the daylights. Deus Ex has always taken part at night. Just doesn't fit with noir theme of the series. I just can't get over this.

It may sounds like I'm harsh and bias, yes, but I also feel like people are bombarded with bad games for so long now that they don't remember what is good anymore and have low expectation. Especially for a series of this caliber.
Post edited November 11, 2016 by eksasol
low rated
Let's keep it CIVIL.