It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Reading 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King. I'd started it a few years ago but stopped when I found that my copy had some pages torn out of it. So now I finally have an intact copy. A bit slow in the beginning but it's picking up now.
"Adrian's Undead Diary Book One" by Chris Philbrook

The guy isn't a very disciplined writer but if you are a fan of the zombie games here, especially "Project Zomboid", and you want something easy on the IQ, then I highly recommend you pick it up, at least volume #1.
Finished one more witcher book "Baptism of Fire", it was great and filled with action. Of course to understand what's going on, you have to read "Blood of Elves" and "Time of Contempt" first.
"Ice" by Dukaj
I swear it will be my last sci-fi/fantasy book in my life. I'm fed off with the formula and genre and it does not help that I have hard time to find something else to read (except Orwell and McCarthy).
"Hidden History: The Secret Origins of the First World War" by Gerry Doherty and Jim MacGregor.
SpecShadow: "Ice" by Dukaj
I swear it will be my last sci-fi/fantasy book in my life. I'm fed off with the formula and genre and it does not help that I have hard time to find something else to read (except Orwell and McCarthy).
How dare you! ;)
Every single book of Jacek Dukaj I've read was absolutely unique and fascinating experience.
I'm working up the courage to do a reread of Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe. It's easily the most complex piece of literature I've ever read. It's like a puzzle: you feel like you've loosened a piece only for several more to be subsequently revealed.
Sadly I stopped reading regular books with the passing of Robert Jordan. Before that I read a ton of books, but since then I've mostly transitioned over to the best quality fanfiction ("gasp! how could you?!") that's available online. I've found that while there's a lot of shit (like 95+%) the few gold nuggets can sometimes be easy to spot and you as a reader don't take as many risks as you do when buying a (e)book from an unknown author.

Among those, I highly recommend ProfFartBurger's excellent Mass Effect stories. They're easily some of the best alternate universe stories available on the site.
Post edited June 15, 2017 by Aemony
After quickly going through the excellent A Wizard of Earthsea last week, I've been reading The Tombs of Atuan. :)
Falci: After quickly going through the excellent A Wizard of Earthsea last week, I've been reading The Tombs of Atuan. :)
I read the whole cycle year or two ago (in beautiful omnibus published recently in Poland) and it was amazing, indeed. Nothing like today's fantasy, when you often get hundreds of pages and nothing interesting inside.
Attachments:
Falci: After quickly going through the excellent A Wizard of Earthsea last week, I've been reading The Tombs of Atuan. :)
ciemnogrodzianin: I read the whole cycle year or two ago (in beautiful omnibus published recently in Poland) and it was amazing, indeed. Nothing like today's fantasy, when you often get hundreds of pages and nothing interesting inside.
I was really impressed on how she manages to tell a story with so many truncated elements and still make it very interesting and fun. I mean, just the chapters from the beginning until his completion of his education as a mage would certainly take other authors at least a whole book, and one that's at least twice as long.
I read those years ago, and agree that they're very well done.

I've been flailing about the last couple weeks trying to find something to grab my attention with little success, until I picked up Robert R. McCammon's Boy's Life. So currently reading this one.
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, so far it seems an interesting book
GR00T: I picked up Robert R. McCammon's Boy's Life. So currently reading this one.
Good choice! I loved that book. I spend my childhood on a different hemisphere then author, but it was like a journey to my own past. Wonderful atmosphere and perspective. Boy's Life is one of my beloved books - to be honest I'm not even sure why. It just incredibly resonated with my emotions.
I'm in the middle of "The Tower of the Swallow", the fourth novel in the Witcher saga by Polish fantasy writer Andrzej Sapkowski. Many close to death situations, but the weirdest company is still strong and going forward.