It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just started reading the dystopian novel "We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin (German). It was mentioned in another thread by Ghorpm.

For those interested:
English translation
Russian original (I guess)
I'm currently reading the instructions to a pressure washer I purchased to clean off my porch. Amazing how much information you can fit into seventeen pages with a smaller than usual font.

While it was some interesting reading (especially the safety aspect), I imagine there are others who don't for a machine that blows out water at high velocity.
Finished reading Blood of Elves. It was great but not as good as The Last Wish, preferred the short stories even if the politics is surprisingly interesting in the main saga, I now turn to reading The Vampire Armand by Anne Rice. Something about existential crisis of old vampires that speaks to me.
Early on Season of Storms, and halfway through Half the World by Abercrombie. Liking it more than Half a King so far, Yarvi works much better when you don't know his thoughts.
Deadhouse Gates, the second volum of the Malazan series.
Re-reading the manual for my A/C unit. It's got pictures!
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami

Elric of Melnibone - Michael Moorcock

The Harp and The Blade and Silverlock by John Myers Myers.

The first Thieves' World book.

I think that's it atm.
As i didnt read any notice here:
Benoîte Groult died age 96 today
Her Book Salt on Our Skin was an extraordinary bestseller, scandal and really great literature in 1988.
Not such an overhyped booooring scrap like 50 shades of grey which was only a bestseller because it was a bit dirty.

Rest in Peace Benoîte Groult
Just finished Sharp Ends by Joe Abercrombie. It was excellent.
Just started The Liar's Key by Mark Lawrence. Book 2 of The Red Queen's War.
Just finished 1984 (again) and started reading JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run.
I'm going to try to pick up Wizard and Glass where I left off (page 162). Loved the first three, find this one impossible to get into. Every now and then I look at it, though, 'cause I really want to finish the series, although I find myself asking why. Even now in the fourth book I have no idea what they're really doing or why they're doing it. I'm hoping the payoff is worth it somehow.

edit: nope. not yet.
Post edited June 29, 2016 by DieRuhe
I'm finishing up To Kill a Mockingbird. Next up is probably Die zerbrochene Puppe by Judith and Christian Vogt. That's a German steampunk novel I've been promising to read for years. I thought now that the sequel was announced it was about time.
Post edited June 27, 2016 by Yezemin
Boccaccio's Decameron.
RUNE-MAGIC
by Siegfried Adolf Kummer, 1932

Fire and Ice The history, structure and rituals of Germany's most influential modern magical order: The Brotherhood of Saturn
by Stephen E. Flowers Phd
Blood of Elves by Andrzej Sapkowski and A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin