It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Kaoma - Lambada (Official Video) 1989 HD
The Winds Of Skellige
According to its description:
This is sung in Irish Gaelic and based on the song H-Ó Abha-Ínn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDgA7VE43-Q&t=103s
Thorofon - Frosty Smile (Roots)

(Power Electronics)

I loved their performance at WGT (2012?). It's been a while... I hope the festival's back in 2022...

And now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BZ3KxN7mNI (Kontravoid - Forgotten)
Great song! I don't have A Passage To Rhodesia...Is it a 'typical' song for that album? He's releasing too many albums these days!
Post edited May 14, 2021 by teceem
teceem: Great song! I don't have A Passage To Rhodesia...Is it a 'typical' song for that album? He's releasing too many albums these days!
It actually precedes A Passage to Rhodesia (by a year or so if I'm not mistaken) and somehow I feel it in a different way than the rest of the album. Still, I think it's one of Rome's best songs in recent years. I wouldn't call it typical for Rhodesia. One Fire fits better the theme of the album, I think.
Sometimes I miss the older days, Flowers from Exile and Nos chants perdus... Best album in recent memory would be The Hyperion Machine, some fantastic tunes there... For example Skirmishes for Diotima
Post edited May 14, 2021 by patrikc
patrikc: It actually precedes A Passage to Rhodesia (by a year or so if I'm not mistaken) and somehow I feel it in a different way than the rest of the album. Still, I think it's one of Rome's best songs in recent years. I wouldn't call it typical for Rhodesia. One Fire fits better the theme of the album, I think.
Sometimes I miss the older days, Flowers from Exile and Nos chants perdus... Best album in recent memory would be The Hyperion Machine, some fantastic tunes there... For example Skirmishes for Diotima
I started 'following' Rome since Nera/Berlin/their concert in Arnhem ( https://www.podiuminfo.nl/concert/12670/The-Protagonist/Goudvishal/ ). I too miss the Martial/Ambient atmosphere from back then, but I guess it's good that they/he (Jerome) doesn't keep releasing the same thing over and over again.
Recent albums have their ups and downs (too much output IMO). I care the least for the more rock / minimal folk oriented songs...

And thanks for the recommendations!
Post edited May 14, 2021 by teceem
teceem: I started 'following' Rome since Nera/Berlin/their concert in Arnhem ( https://www.podiuminfo.nl/concert/12670/The-Protagonist/Goudvishal/ ). I too miss the Martial/Ambient atmosphere from back then, but I guess it's good that they/he (Jerome) doesn't keep releasing the same thing over and over again.
Recent albums have their ups and downs (too much output IMO). I care the least for the more rock / minimal folk oriented songs...
I was in college (or should I say university) when I started listening to Rome. Seems like such a long time ago... So many memories, both good and bad, but they definitely stuck with me over time.
Unfortunately I never got to see them on stage, missed a few opportunities in my native country, most recent in 2017.
And although I miss their initial work, I feel diversity makes for something interesting and challenging.
Whenever I think of change and evolution through the years, Ulver always comes first to mind. I was never a fan of their early work, but I absolutely like what followed. Hard to describe in a few words, so I will leave a song here. Eos w live at the Norwegian National Opera
patrikc: I was in college (or should I say university) when I started listening to Rome. Seems like such a long time ago... So many memories, both good and bad, but they definitely stuck with me over time.
Unfortunately I never got to see them on stage, missed a few opportunities in my native country, most recent in 2017.
And although I miss their initial work, I feel diversity makes for something interesting and challenging.
Whenever I think of change and evolution through the years, Ulver always comes first to mind. I was never a fan of their early work, but I absolutely like what followed. Hard to describe in a few words, so I will leave a song here. Eos w live at the Norwegian National Opera
I don't wish to be older... but when it's about concerts, I sometimes feel too young. ;-)
I don't know what my first Neofolk concert was (maybe Ordo Equilibrio @ Waregem 1997?), but this one left a deep impression: https://www.setlist.fm/festival/1997/night-of-the-abyss-i-4bd6fb9a.html

I know the name Ulver, but I've never researched them. I really like that video!
I've never really understood the link between Black Metal (not my thing) and Dark Ambient / Neofolk. Reminds me of Mortiis... great stuff on CMI...
Altered Images - I Could Be Happy
Doom - The Demons from Adrians Pen remake by Andrew Hulshult
Ist Playmobil für Kinder netter als LEGO®? Die aktuelle Westernwelt macht mir Freude!
Sian Cotton - Almost Home
Far from home, life is something crazy.
Kendrick Lamar - DNA.
Till Lindemann - Любимый город "LUBIMIY GOROD" (Geliebte Stadt)
Post edited May 21, 2021 by viperfdl
Rayvanny Ft Messias Maricoa-Teamo
Japan - Quiet Life (full album)