It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We're gonna need a bigger cart!

Ok, Monday's was a pretty impressive lineup so it's not surprising it would only get better from there. So let's check out today's rad additions, shall we?

No collection is complete without the snow-covered tactics and epic drama of The Banner Saga or the dusty post-apocalyptic encounters of Skyshine's Bedlam. Just beware the angry metallic men.

If you're looking for more cheerfulness and more subversive humor in your fantasy, try to claim the King's Bounty over magical worlds, fierce northern lands, and twisted fairytale realms. Keep an eye out for feisty princesses and giant spiders, though.

But that's not all! There's also Perimeter, the goofy Pilot Brothers, hungry Star Wolves, and the peculiar Guild of Dungeoneering in today's additions to the <span class="bold">Weekly Sale</span>. Don't forget – there are just a few days left to grab what you want!

Oh hey, there's still time to pick up the deals that debuted on Monday!

You've got to respect the classics – like the famous Tex Murphy adventures: stories of a cynical gumshoe, femmes fatale in peril, and particularly bad habits. But also of dramatic battles of wits, a post-World War III New San Francisco, tons of humor, and delightfully cheesy FMV cutscenes in Tex Murphy: Mean Streets + Martian Memorandum, Overseer, The Pandora Directive, and Under a Killing Moon.

From ancient demon-warriors to insane android killing machines, the Guilty Gear series has you covered – and whatever type of fighter suits you best, you'll find it somewhere between the traditional gameplay of X2 #Reload and the weirdness of Isuka.

There's more in the <span class="bold">Weekly Sale</span> – including Realms of the Haunting, Incoming, Soulbringer, and the abnormal Normality – up to 90% off. Plus, stay tuned for new games and deals this Friday!

The Weekly Sale will last until January 16, 5:00 PM GMT.
Spy_Gentleman: So wait, there are no Weekly Staff Picks and Weekend Sales?
It looks like almost the same scheme. They open a new "Weekly Sale" each Monday and they add additional titles on Friday.

I can't see the difference, to be honest. It only makes more games discounted at the same time, which is fine (it was easy to miss some offers when the list was completely changed twice a week).
high rated
You have to improve how you highlight weekend additions, either that or keep the weekly sales but keep the weekend sales separate. It's a good idea overall, but it's needs some improvements. Weekend games are to easily missed with this new system.
Realms of the Haunting is one of the best old games available on GOG. Highly recommended!
Vythonaut: Realms of the Haunting is one of the best old games available on GOG. Highly recommended!
I love it, it's by the same guys who made Normality Inc, and uses the same engine for a horror setting. I had the CD-ROM, had for free on Steam - but I never play from there really - and since it's been given here with Connect, one day I am going to have a second run after so many years. I have a fond memory of playing and finishing this.
BKGaming: You have to improve how you highlight weekend additions, either that or keep the weekly sales but keep the weekend sales separate. It's a good idea overall, but it's needs some improvements. Weekend games are to easily missed with this new system.
Yes, please.
deleted
Post edited January 09, 2017 by Fairfox
Big fan of Fantasy Wars and Elven Legacy here. My only regret is that they aren't themed on a more interesting world like Warhammer or Warcraft because the lore and world-building is as generic as the title. Ah well. As it is you're looking at two russian-built turn-based strategy games (same series, Elven Legacy is the sequel) with huge story-driven campaigns. Squads carry across from map to map, gain experience and magical loot, and can suffer permadeath. There's also optional side missions and a ranked system for more rewards.
Huh? Where’s muh Overlord II? GOG, you betrayed me! :'(
Is that Sheltered game any good? What engine does it use?
BKGaming: You have to improve how you highlight weekend additions
Agree. They could use a color label or something. Or icons/symbols, whatever, so that you and (the potentional customer) can see, what is newly added.
Another recommendation (since I just saw this game is currently in this promo):

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946

IL-2 is one of the two best combat flight sims here on GOG (the other one is Falcon 4.0 which is included as a bonus game in "Falcon Collection" and it is your ticket to the amazing Falcon BMS, which is what I recommened if you plan to play Falcon 4.0) and it's still the best WWII combat flight simulator available for the PC, or so I think!

It is a highly detailed sim which gets even better using the UltraPack 3 mod (basically a collection of mods -- more information here) and since it is a simulator, a joystick isn't only recommended but is actually a prerequisite. The 1946 version sold on GOG has a shipload of content to play with, it is amazing in both Single-player & Multi-player modes, and due to the nature of the WWII fighter planes, it's easy to learn (easy as in: you won't need to press a thousand buttons just to take off) but fairly hard to master (especially if you're against a seasoned pilot who knows all the tricks & manoeuvres).

Also, there are multiple difficulty options such as Infinite Fuel & Ammo or Invincibility & more forgiving flight models. GOG's normal price is a steal, not to mention the current discounted price (I bought IL- 2 immediately after it's release and I've done the same with all expansions and it cost me hundreds of euros -- money well spent if you ask me).

TL; DR: If you want to experience some of the most amazing dogfights in the best WWII combat flight sim, you shouldn't miss IL-2 1946. If you look for a more arcadey experience though, you may need to look at the more recent IL2 games.

IronArcturus: What engine does it use?
Check out the following site (also, bookmark it, you'll need it): http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sheltered Cheers!
Post edited January 09, 2017 by Vythonaut
IronArcturus: What engine does it use?
Vythonaut: Check out the following site (also, bookmark it, you'll need it): http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sheltered Cheers!
Well the Unity engine isn't that bad. Have you tried the game before? It looks like it has mixed reviews.
Random_Coffee: Is the Worms World Party remaster worth it? I heard some bad things about it on release. Did they fix it? And does the online multiplayer work?
I would suggest Armageddon ( not on sale atm ??? ) instead of World Party and Worms W.M.D .
IronArcturus: Have you tried the game before?
No, I haven't played it. It looks like This War of Mine which, to be honest, is in higher priority for me to buy at some point.
Vythonaut: It is a highly detailed sim which gets even better using the UltraPack 3 mod (basically a collection of mods -- more information here)
Thank you for the head's up. Is there to get more detailed information without having to register for another forum?