It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Quake II needs no introduction – this 1997’s critically acclaimed first-person shooter and sequel to Quake has become a staple in the hearts of every FPS enthusiast, and, after all those years, still remains as an iconic title and a must-have addition to any gaming library.

From today onwards, when purchasing Quake II you’ll become the owner of not only the original, untouched version of the game that has been available for years, but also the newly released enhanced version of the game with improved visuals, all-new campaign content, enhanced multiplayer support, crossplay, controller support, and more.

Moreover, if you already had the original Quake II in your library, you’ll receive the enhanced version for free!

Check out all the goodness that the enhanced version brings and enjoy the timeless shooter once again!
I was wondering when it would pop up in my account until I realized they called this remaster just "Quake 2" without the enhanced moniker. Oh well.

Plays just as it should. It may not look as fancy as the RTX version, but this one has way more features as well as content. Completed the first area before I got distracted by multiplayer. The crossplaform play works quite well with Steam and what I presume is Game Pass/Microsoft store players as those certainly weren't console folks. I've yet to come across another GOG player. ;) Seems to be purely peer-based as when the host leaves the game ends.

Had quite the good time fragging randos for ~3 hours. :)
Post edited August 11, 2023 by P-E-S
nvm
Post edited August 11, 2023 by maxpoweruser
maxpoweruser: I've been playing this today, and I'm very satisfied. Lots of quality of life options. Lots of content. Lots of people playing online, because crossplay. LAN seems to be available without Galaxy.
Sounds like what all of these releases should be like! Looking forward to taking Quake II online & checking out Split screen play! Always happy to see split screen on PC :)
Whoa! Nice! Thanks GOG, Nightdive, Bethesda, and whoever else :)
Thanks all for the enhanced edition.
Thank you! <3
thanks so much for this GOG
Thank you GOG <3 <3 <3 <3
would have happily paid for this as a dlc.
Thanks gog
edorien: would have happily paid for this as a dlc.
now you tell them .... :D
I know this is nitpicky as hell, but I love how the trailer calls it an "action shooter". As opposed to what, a shooter without action?
Breja: I know this is nitpicky as hell, but I love how the trailer calls it an "action shooter". As opposed to what, a shooter without action?
I think that's because you can actually move. Remember the old rail shooters? Or Moorhuhn?
Being grateful for every effort to remaster old games in this soulless gaming era and having played Quake II RTX recently I cannot feel the enhancement. It looks like a downgrade for me. But anyhow thank you.
Maybe I should not compare Enhanced with RTX.
Post edited August 11, 2023 by gogomox
Breja: I know this is nitpicky as hell, but I love how the trailer calls it an "action shooter". As opposed to what, a shooter without action?
https://archive.org/details/DutyCallsSetupUS

Always makes me think of Call of Duty / Duty Calls when someone asks questions like that.
Not sure if I understand clearly the intention of the person who used it, but it sounds like a reference to old term (not that often used nowadays) of "action game", which was very wide and included both first/third person shooters (hence "action shooter") but also games like Tomb Raider, which were by some reason named "action adventure" (although they had little, if anything to do with adventure games)