Posted October 24, 2014
I said the covers look bad, because that is my opinion. I'm just sharing it. Does that mean that I can't say what I think about the covers without producing thousands of them?
Stuff: If you are not willing to produce and post game covers on a daily basis then what is your point. I have very limited time for this project as do other community members who are participating. If you are not willing to take on the workload of producing and posting then I don't understand your negativity??
But if you want some further criticism, then here you are:
1) On the back, there's a lot of wasted space in the description. Consider removing the spacing between bullet points.
2) The bottom section however is too cramped. You might want to make the requirements in a smaller font, shrink the screenshots and space them out a little more.
3) The footer is a little too big, and those system logos are unnecessary.
4) Consider having the margins uniform, right now the margins on the bottom section are too small compared to the description (which has a decent margin). Please avoid putting elements so close to the edge.
5) Try justifying the description and unifying the font on all elements, it will look a lot cleaner (the font that GOG uses is Open Sans).
6) The tops and bottoms of the front, spine and back are not aligned.
Yes it has taken me 4 years, because I don't spend every waking moment looking through the boards. And yes, I'm assuming that whoever made those covers doesn't know, anything about image quality, resolution and design. Because when you just change the dpi without changing the pixel dimensions, that doesn't mean anything, as the printer will just change the dpi back. But if you're sticking to those pixel dimensions, the the proper dpi those covers should be 176. Then there is no resizing needed.
Stuff: It has taken you four years to find this thread and your only comment is display your awesome knowledge of image editing. You are assuming that the folks producing and posting these covers don't understand image quality or res and are in need of your guidance.
Because covers for games are more important than family and friends. Nice priorities...
Stuff: I will be looking forward to seeing your covers when you start posting them on a daily basis. Please don't insult my intelligence with your incredible understanding of image editing and design unless you are willing to put your time where your mouth is???? When can I expect to view the first of your many high quality covers?? The community will be thrilled with them and I will have more free time to spend with my family and friends. =)
Who said anything about making them on a daily basis? I said my opinion, shared my covers. What you do with them is up to you. I don't care that they're "recognized by the community". If you like them, then you like them. If you don't then you don't.
Stuff: You will need to produce between four and six covers a week, design will need to be final on posting each week. Hopefully you will make the covers so they will be easily identified as covers produced for and by the GOG community.
Oh, and I'd rather have a smaller number of good covers, than a ton of crappy ones.
Quality over quantity. Ever heard of it?
Post edited October 24, 2014 by amarthar