It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DontPay4Digital: This makes no sense... you could always demand official physical releases and don't give the developer any money.
Physical releases are dead, an inevitable casualty of the digital age. No amount of empty threats will change that. These covers are for the nostalgic rebels out there who refuse to accept that...
Mobeeuz: Physical releases are dead, an inevitable casualty of the digital age. No amount of empty threats will change that. These covers are for the nostalgic rebels out there who refuse to accept that...
Yeah, in your reality bubble maybe they are dead. Meanwhile, in MY reality, I have an Internet connection that lets me download DOOM in just 15 hours....

Conversely, the pirate version of the game I got needed ZERO download time to start playing...
Post edited November 27, 2018 by KingofGnG
KingofGnG: Yeah, in your reality bubble maybe they are dead. Meanwhile, in MY reality, I have an Internet connection that lets me download DOOM in just 15 hours....

Conversely, the pirate version of the game I got needed ZERO download time to start playing...
We're talking official releases here, not the sketchy DVDR, black sharpie version being sold in some seedy market...
DontPay4Digital: This makes no sense, you obviously want physical copies yet you are giving money to GOG. Giving money to GOG is a vote against games getting official physical releases.
These are not physical releases. If you consider burned back ups to be physical releases then that means printing off a picture of a painting is the same as the painting.
Instead of settling by making these, you could always demand official physical releases and don't give the developer any money if they don't give their game an official physical release.
fronzelneekburm: Physical retail copies are tied to a Steam activation 90% of the time, so why would I want to buy physical releases?
How is that a physical copy? If a Steam code is a physical copy then that means everything on iTunes is a physical copy since you can buy prepaid iTunes cards.
fronzelneekburm: Physical retail copies are tied to a Steam activation 90% of the time, so why would I want to buy physical releases?
DontPay4Digital: How is that a physical copy? If a Steam code is a physical copy then that means everything on iTunes is a physical copy since you can buy prepaid iTunes cards.
That was the implication...

So why would I pay for that?
DontPay4Digital: How is that a physical copy? If a Steam code is a physical copy then that means everything on iTunes is a physical copy since you can buy prepaid iTunes cards.
fronzelneekburm: That was the implication...

So why would I pay for that?
I've found retail copies that were cheaper than buying direct from E-tailers... I snatched Titanfall 2 up at a Best Buy for less than it's ever been on sale at Origin...
Post edited November 28, 2018 by Mobeeuz
nvm
Post edited December 02, 2018 by Stuff
So what about printing graphics on a CD? I heard it might melt while inside the PC and damage it.
So what would be the best way to do it?
GaroK0: So what about printing graphics on a CD? I heard it might melt while inside the PC and damage it.
The CD label can peel off, if the CD gets very hot. But the risk is not very high, since you would use the CDs just for installing the games. Afterwards you would put the CD back in the case. So, if you don´t want to buy a special printer, you can go with normal CD labels. Maybe just check if there are different kinds of labels. Maybe some are more "heat proof" than others.
GaroK0: So what about printing graphics on a CD? I heard it might melt while inside the PC and damage it.
I've never had one peel off due to anything, even when I wanted it to (without ruining the CD), but I have seen bubbles appear on the cheap stuff...
Mobeeuz: Physical releases are dead, an inevitable casualty of the digital age. No amount of empty threats will change that. These covers are for the nostalgic rebels out there who refuse to accept that...
KingofGnG: Yeah, in your reality bubble maybe they are dead. Meanwhile, in MY reality, I have an Internet connection that lets me download DOOM in just 15 hours....

I have 200 mbps, not the fastest but not slow either, internet speed is irrelevant in me refusing to pay for digital distribution.
Digital distribution was only pushed for more profit. The only real advantage it has is a fairly insignificant amount of convenience, but a lot of negatives come with that which isn't even close to making that convenience worth it to me. Even then, piracy is usually more convenient than paying and lets you play without financially rewarding those negatives.
CDPR/GOG pretend to be the "good guys", but they are just as rotten as Valve
Post edited December 02, 2018 by DontPay4Digital
nvm
Post edited December 02, 2018 by Stuff
DontPay4Digital: This makes no sense, you obviously want physical copies yet you are giving money to GOG. Giving money to GOG is a vote against games getting official physical releases.
These are not physical releases. If you consider burned back ups to be physical releases then that means printing off a picture of a painting is the same as the painting.
Instead of settling by making these, you could always demand official physical releases and don't give the developer any money if they don't give their game an official physical release.
"Giving money to GOG is a vote against games getting official physical releases."

Giving money to a retailer for a physical copy of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, THAT is a vote against getting official physical releases.
I grieve for physical copies and boxart being dead, but I will not give up my shelf full of physical boxes and cases from old games, which I still treasure even though I also have GOG's digital versions of most of them. Plus many games without boxes, digital only. And I buy zero steam material. And I collect massive amounts of digital pictures of covers, inserts and screenshots of beautiful games, as well as info on patches and game guides data for each game I play... Raised on literature and art and scifi, what can I say.
Nous sommes juste un petit culte avec un fétiche pour faire / collectionner des couvertures de jeux ici dans ce fil. Vous devriez vraiment ouvrir un fil de discussion sur le forum de discussion générale où vous trouverez plus que quelques membres de la communauté qui aimeraient vraiment discuter de votre point de vue sur les copies physiques et sur le rôle de GOG dans leur disparition. Peu verront votre message ici à mon humble avis.