It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
I remember playing a version of ChessMaster long ago.....fun times :)

====

Updated (my) Journal

Well, back to the lands of Daventry and whatnot for a bit...oh what fun!

31. I meet a sad old man, who tells me a sad tale.
I don't know his name, but he claims the fire is named "Tumblr"....odd name for a fire, that.
(GR note: make sure to lop off a bit of crystal from the ones near him...it is helpful later on)

32. A mysterious formation, indeed
(GR note: If you see this rock, note that it is not just a rock. Clicking the right spot opens a hidden shortcut between two areas(and also helps one to retrieve the rocks they used to rotate that bridge earlier)

33. After some Indian Jones like acrobatics(dodging boulders...wheee!), I meet this kind lad, who tries to help me out a bit.

34. Connor helps redecorate this area of the Gnomish Realms a bit.

35. And then(after using that crystal found earlier on a nearby device) liberates some loot from someone's very rude(and large) pet.
(GR note: grab the black diamond it drops before moving on....it will be very helpful indeed later on)
Attachments:
32-rockin.jpg (121 Kb)
34-pow.jpg (215 Kb)
Post edited September 19, 2021 by GamezRanker
GamezRanker: I remember playing a version of ChessMaster long ago
Me too, but it's one of the games I'm yet to be certain I correctly identified. I *think* it was Chessmaster 3000, but not really sure, so it's one of the 40 or so titles I can't yet put on my games played list.
low rated
Cavalary: Me too, but it's one of the games I'm yet to be certain I correctly identified. I *think* it was Chessmaster 3000, but not really sure, so it's one of the 40 or so titles I can't yet put on my games played list.
Solution: why not play them all dot meme? ;D
But yeah, I hear ya....I can't remember which I played, either.

====

Yon Journey Continueth

I still remember getting a copy of this in a big box long ago....fun times. Ever since then I have been hooked(despite the flaws). :)

36. Someone I may have met before comes in to congratulate my victory, and then is gone as quick as they came in.

37. I find the equivalent of a medieval turn table, which allows me to hear some nice exposition.
(GR note: the item one can obtain from the Unicorn in the first region can be used here as well. After pressing the big red diamond to play the message currently available, one can swap crystal pyramids and then run the machine again for a new message. Both messages give a good deal of XP points, so it's a good idea to play both. After doing so, be sure to grab both crystal pyramids and the lode stone)

38. Basil Exposition in all his glory

39. I hand off the item the one dwar....err gnome wanted, and am amazed that a new region appears on my map(good thing too, else this would've been the end of the game). I then prepare to head to the new region by first (tediously) walking to the magic map teleport room in the gnomish realm.

40. The artwork for the new region....ooh, there be a scarrry lookin' thing
(GR note: this region loads quicker than the rest, probably due to being a bit smaller)
Attachments:
39-eureka.jpg (106 Kb)
GamezRanker: Solution: why not play them all dot meme? ;D
Was just thinking that it must be quite an issue for the publishers of such games that there's basically no reason to play an older one in the series, and if you are playing one then often little reason to jump on a newer one either.
Count me in. I'm playing Airline Tycoon.

Today I understand a bit more than when I played the game as a kid :D I've noticed that it's kind of memory game, as there seems to be no easy way to take a proper orders if you're not aware of airports your planes are at the specific moment in future. I'm fighting the campaign missions for now and I liked how they're designed – with different goals to be achieved you need a bit different strategies.
ciemnogrodzianin: Count me in. I'm playing Airline Tycoon.

Today I understand a bit more than when I played the game as a kid :D I've noticed that it's kind of memory game, as there seems to be no easy way to take a proper orders if you're not aware of airports your planes are at the specific moment in future. I'm fighting the campaign missions for now and I liked how they're designed – with different goals to be achieved you need a bit different strategies.
Added, have fun :)
low rated
Travel Photos Update

41: Journal Entry# 298h - I have entered a strange land of heat and flames, populated by some very grumbly residents.....I shall name it "Twytyyre"

42: Another warm welcome from one of the locals.....I am starting to miss the Gnomish Realms already.

43: Ok, I didn't sign up for this....where do I get my hazard pay?

44: Ok, i'll give it a go anyways.....oh crap, bugger, and bollocks.
(GR note: you can try to fight it again for a second cutscene, but save before doing so)

45: This fine fellow(?) offers to help me fight the nasty beastie....if I can find some things first.

(more to come in a bit)
Attachments:
44-shhhht.jpg (226 Kb)
I haven't played Commandos after all. I've tried Moto Racer 2, but did not finish it.
Attachments:
4th.jpg (483 Kb)
wheele.jpg (499 Kb)
2nd.jpg (195 Kb)
Oh, right, this should have just ended. But with over a month since the last post, guess it did a while ago in practice...
low rated
Cavalary: Oh, right, this should have just ended. But with over a month since the last post, guess it did a while ago in practice...
I would've posted more, but two things happened: I was off the forums for several weeks, and I also had a failed HDD(so had to start a few games over). I will likely update the games i'm playing here a bit more alongside the next one(if any) once I get the games reinstalled and get back to where I was in them.

Speaking of: I had best contact the OP re: the next thread :)
I'm counting on making the 1999 thread later today.
InkPanther: I haven't played Commandos after all. I've tried Moto Racer 2, but did not finish it.
I updated the first post to add Moto Racer 2. However, I left Commandos because even though you haven't played it yet, you might in the future. And if you do, you can always come back to this thread and tell us about it :)
Thanks. ;)
Time capsules to 1999 are now open to everyone. Tickets are free, just pick a game and have fun:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/time_travel_05_1999
low rated
bluethief: Time capsules to 1999 are now open to everyone. Tickets are free, just pick a game and have fun:
Noice......will see y'all there after some errands and a nap :)
Post edited November 01, 2021 by GamezRanker