It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
ciemnogrodzianin: (beware – terrible quality under these links)
I've watched 240p copies of old tv shows, with visual artifacts and all....I think I should be able to handle these links of yours just fine(when I get a chance to check them out, that is) :)

====

Game Update

Now onto the realm of the gnomes!

GR note: this is one of my favorite regions, due to some of the characters one meets and the general aesthetic and whatnot.

Tips

There are some rocks on the ground here and there...make sure to pick them up as they are needed every now and then to trigger floor plates. Also there are some open pits.....it'd probably be a good idea to avoid falling in those. :)
(one can also reclaim the rocks they used in the dimension of death before leaving that region....it helps save a bit of time in this new region)

There is also a small side quest involving finding certain items, so pay attention for things you can pick up
(usually done after smacking them with a melee weapon to knock them loose so you can obtain them)

Game Pics

21. The loading screen for the new area....the Realm of the Gnomes
(GR note: I really love the artwork in the loading screens....both what's shown and what didn't make the cut for the game)

22. I meet one of the locals in this new region. For some reason, I want to throw my colored balls at it.

23. Another local. At first it seems he's just giving me a friendly greeting, but nope.
Well at least those are only rocks he's throwing at me. o.0

24. I finally meet a nice enough local....what i'm guessing is a "gnome"
(which looks suspiciously like a dwarf for some reason)

GR note: there is also a rock near this gnome, which one can come across early on while going though this region

25. He explains some things, stuff, and the like.
(note: I edited two pics worth of text together....that isn't exactly how the dialog is shown in game)

(more pics to come in a bit)
Attachments:
24-rockon.jpg (139 Kb)
Post edited September 15, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
!The Journey Continues!

26. I come upon a weapon merchant(sans coat and creepy voice), who offers me this and that.
(GR Spoilers/note: the hammer, while doing a bit more damage, is very slow to take out/holster/swing.....I personally don't bother with it. Also, the lesser crossbow isn't worth it, especially when the better one does more damage for a bit more gold. There is also an armor merchant not too far away as well, and the same advice applies....i.e. skip the armor that gives less protection)

27. This is where the rocks come in handy...but only if you weigh down the proper rock first.
(GR note: after opening up a shortcut later on, you can come back and get these rocks before heading to the next region)

28. (spoiler) One of the items you need for the side quest in this region.

29. To her query, I reply "An aspirin....my head aches atm"
(GR note: don't bother buying from her stock too much, beyond the special item and maybe some crystals if you need them. By now you should've come across a number of items, and if you used most/all of them, you'll likely find more at some point as you play through the area)

30. Niiiiice item.....but I need to find things before I can even obtain it? Oh well, onto your little scavenger hunt I go!
Attachments:
28-yoink.jpg (110 Kb)
ciemnogrodzianin: Landed.
Transferring some music from 1998.
Can't believe all these songs are from a single year :D
So many great songs. It takes me back :).

ciemnogrodzianin: PS. We should probably add FIFA World Cup 1998 to the list :)
Added, thank you.

ciemnogrodzianin: PS2. Wow, it looks that NBA Live 98 had halftime show for each and every team! :O (beware – terrible quality under these links: Charlotte Hornets, Vancouver Grizzlies, Houston Rockets etc.)
NBA Live 98 came in 1997, though.
low rated
bluethief: NBA Live 98 came in 1997, though.
What a twizzt!
So – we should add NBA '99, correct?

Even better! In terms of video quality, of course :)
ciemnogrodzianin: So – we should add NBA '99, correct?

Even better! In terms of video quality, of course :)
You are correct!! Added!
I've been playing Airline Tycoon Deluxe for a bit and got to the last mission in the first campaign. Well, there are only 6 missions in there so that's not such a big achievement. ;) Anyway, apparently the first one to build a rocket (not an airplane!) wins.
Attachments:
GamezRanker:
I started playing KQ8 and got to the dead land map, the second world after Daventry, I didn't like it so much and I quit. At least the part I played was not an adventure game. Also, the loading times were very loooong. And maps with that steam. The only thing is that the engine was impressive, moving the hero's independent camera helped a lot to see over the walls :)
And with the first person camera your vision was greater so that the enemies did not see you and could kill them with the bow.
low rated
argamasa: I started playing KQ8 and got to the dead land map, the second world after Daventry, I didn't like it so much and I quit.
Was it because of the river of death(*Connor touches river a tiny bit.....game over*)?
Or maybe it was the time it takes for Connor to move/backtrack around the many twisty corridors/passages?

But yeah, I hear ya......the game has it's flaws(it's one of the few games i'd like to see get an update or two in the form of a competent remaster, to fix said flaws) and can be a bit frustrating at times. Despite all that, though, I still find it alluring in a number of ways.....hence why I still go back to it every now and then.

argamasa: At least the part I played was not an adventure game.
Yeah, it's more like an adventure game mixed with light RPG(levelling/combat/etc) elements.

argamasa: Also, the loading times were very loooong. And maps with that steam.
1st bit: tell me about it......sometimes it seems like I can drink a cup of coffee while I wait for a new region to load. :)

2nd bit: Steam? Isn't that from another region further into the game? Or are you talking about something from the first few regions? (I ask as you said you only did up until the Dimension of Death)

argamasa: The only thing is that the engine was impressive, moving the hero's independent camera helped a lot to see over the walls :)
And with the first person camera your vision was greater so that the enemies did not see you and could kill them with the bow.
Yeah, I usually play the game exclusively in first person.....makes it much easier to control Connor's movement and plink away at enemies with ranged weapons.
Greetings bluethief & ciemnogrodzianin.
Please consider me with the short & very fun METAL SLUG 2
Man! I honestly would love to revisit StarCraft (Really great memories!) but I know in advance it would require an infinite amount of hours which, unfortunately, are not available...
Just to let you know, I still have pending to write my 1997 log entry for the MK4 -heated talks- I had with Mr. Goro...
See you through time :)
low rated
tag+: Man! I honestly would love to revisit StarCraft (Really great memories!) but I know in advance it would require an infinite amount of hours which, unfortunately, are not available...
Yeah, I hear ya on not having enough time sometimes. Maybe this can help with your time problem :)
Attachments:
pzza.png (485 Kb)
Post edited September 16, 2021 by GamezRanker
GamezRanker: Was it because of the river of death(*Connor touches river a tiny bit.....game over*)?
Or maybe it was the time it takes for Connor to move/backtrack around the many twisty corridors/passages?
Yes, the skeletons gave me a lot of fear, :), and by the corridors i moved very slowly.

GamezRanker: 2nd bit: Steam? Isn't that from another region further into the game? Or are you talking about something from the first few regions? (I ask as you said you only did up until the Dimension of Death)
Sorry for the confusion, I meant "fog", I was used to 2D games with their beautiful drawings and suddenly the games appeared with that visual range that things appeared out of nowhere and with few details.

Regards!
low rated
argamasa: Yes, the skeletons gave me a lot of fear, :), and by the corridors i moved very slowly.
Moving slowly is part of why I left the running speed on all the time(of course, one needs to shut it off every now and then for certain things like moving some objects, but otherwise it is better than walking).

As for the skeletons: I found them more comical(especially in the cutscenes here and there) than scary. Now the robed phantom things...those were scary o.0

argamasa: Sorry for the confusion, I meant "fog", I was used to 2D games with their beautiful drawings and suddenly the games appeared with that visual range that things appeared out of nowhere and with few details.

Regards!
Yeah, the "pop in/pop out" stuff.....which was due to things like systems not having enough resources back then and etc.
One more reason, I think, why this game should get a remaster(also to fix the controls and etc). :)

====

And now for something completely different....

I now stumble into a totally Unreal new world somehow..... my time machine must need maintenance or some such.

Game Notes

I have also loved this game ever since I played a box copy long ago. The music(especially the menu music), the setting, etc.....most of it(with some exceptions here and there) is very nice, imo.

Tech Notes

When I started the game there was noticeable lag.....like 10-15 FPS speeds. To fix this, I set the bit depth to 32, and it sped right up(back to 60 or so FPS). Beyond that setting other things like one's preferred resolution and setting decals to on are also recommended, as well as setting controls/hud/etc to one's own perferences.

Travel photos

1 & 2. I looooove this intro....the way it goes through the castle with the music playing. Very nice.
(more pics will be added here later, as I play...need to do some IRL stuff first)

3. Just woke up and boy is my everything tired....and painful. Also, seems like the guards couldn't afford to pay the light bill.....AGAIN!

4. Make sure to get this item from the upper level of the cell area, and also to use it (F2 key) on all the books/screens in the cell area and beyond. Lots of nice (sometimes useful) text to read here and there.

5. Like this reminder here....that i'm sure every person aboard followed to the letter.

(GR note: there is also a death-row area to inspect down a lift that can be missed, through the dark passage in the starting area)
Attachments:
1-forealz.jpg (169 Kb)
5-okthen.jpg (96 Kb)
Post edited September 16, 2021 by GamezRanker
tag+: Greetings bluethief & ciemnogrodzianin.
Please consider me with the short & very fun METAL SLUG 2
Man! I honestly would love to revisit StarCraft (Really great memories!) but I know in advance it would require an infinite amount of hours which, unfortunately, are not available...
Just to let you know, I still have pending to write my 1997 log entry for the MK4 -heated talks- I had with Mr. Goro...
See you through time :)
Hello and welcome to 1998! You have been signed. Have an nice trip :)
GamezRanker: Game Notes

I have also loved this game ever since I played a box copy long ago. The music(especially the menu music), the setting, etc.....most of it(with some exceptions here and there) is very nice, imo.
I played it last year for the first time and the music stood out to me, especially this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd67viF7Q54

It's unfortunate that we may never get a single player Unreal game again (or in the foreseeable future). All Epic cares now is Unreal engine part of things and that thing called Fortnite (ugh).