It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

bluethief: The main goal is to beat the game now, of course, since I don't like quitting games. And I'm actually thinking of continue through with the Jedi Knight after it.
GamezRanker: Jedi Knight is very good(also Outcast/etc).

Suggestion: save it maybe for when we "travel" to those years? ;)
Yeah, I thought of that, but it will take a couple of months to get to Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy and I don't think I can wait :D.

But no worries, I think I have other games to play during those years :)
GamezRanker: To help out my fellow time travelers:

I have a copy of Eradicator and a copy of Star Wars: Dark Forces available for my fellow travelers to choose from.

The first time traveler who replies first to this offer may pick either game, and I will send it their way post haste via temporal flux(PM). :)
Since no one take your offer, I'd like to ask for Eradicator key so I can secure my next time travel.
Well, i´m in 1995.

Last year was a great year, i played a lot of games from previous years, mostly adventures, Day of the Tentacle, The 7th Guest, The legend of Kyrandia 3: Malcom´s Revenge, Little Big Adventure, Alone in the Dark 3 and Under a Killing Moon.

The majority of them from a rent videogame store but a game of 1993 that shock me was Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, by Jane Jensen. So when i read on a magazine that a sequel was in project i knew that i had to buy it.

This year the industry is involved on the fmv experience more and more, with a 3D beginning the boom is fmv. Games are made like a Hollywood blockbuster. Famous star actors like Denis Hopper (Hell - A Cyberpunk adventure), Tia Carrere (The DAedalus Encounter), Donald Sutherland (Conspiracy), or UAKM, Command and Conquer, Mark Hamill (Wing Commander), Zork and a huge etc. The games magaziines seems a red carpet!! The future is the fmv! and the less interactivity.... at least is not Space Ace or Brain Dead 13.

So, with my 486 dx33 i bought Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within. Wow! The box is awesome, intriguing and absorbing ("indeed i have a budget box, is not the same but cost me about 3995 ptas/ 24 euros in 1996-7 and when it was released it cost 11.995 ptas, about 72 euros that nowadays are 120 euros !!!"). And 6 CD´s, the disc swapping is the Hell, my 40 mb is close to exploding! damn, i need more free space on the hard drive, i need to erase even the ingames of the Win 3.11. And probably more EMS memory.

Well, it's all good. Let the music of Robert Holmes, married to J.Jensen, envelop the room. Lets the show start.
Post edited May 05, 2021 by argamasa
Just look what I've found in 1995!! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPO76Jlnz6c

GamezRanker: To help out my fellow time t0ravelers:
I have a copy of Eradicator and a copy of Star Wars: Dark Forces available for my fellow travelers to choose from.
Thanks for that free time travel tickets for those, who may not have ones in their backlog! It's very nice of you.

morolf: When I tried playing that game, I thought so as well, but that first impression didn't last. (...)
Well, I hope you're wrong :D

GamezRanker: Game note(semi quasi spoilers maybe): the game has more than one ending....here's to hoping you get the good one :)
If that's true, considering my skills, we're doomed :D

GamezRanker: Progress update: finished Full Throttle.....right until the after credits bits.
(hippity hippity hop...hop hop hop :D)
It was a true relief to see them in one piece ;)

mrkgnao: ...
Sure, thanks, good idea – added!

argamasa: Well, i´m in 1995.
Thanks your great report, traveller! :D
Attachments:
1995.jpg (165 Kb)
low rated
CervelloYM: Since no one take your offer, I'd like to ask for Eradicator key so I can secure my next time travel.
Game(and friend invite, if that's ok) sent......enjoy, fellow traveler. :)

=-=-=

argamasa: Well, i´m in 1995.
Dannng...this is an awesome post/trip back in time.

argamasa: The majority of them from a rent videogame store but a game of 1993 that shock me was Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers, by Jane Jensen. So when i read on a magazine that a sequel was in project i knew that i had to buy it.
I love the first Gabriel Knight game(the remake is meh, imo) and the third....didn't play the second yet as I got put off by things like the new actor for Gabriel & the FMV....sounds like I should give it another go some day, though. :D
Post edited May 06, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
ciemnogrodzianin: Just look what I've found in 1995!! :D
-

ciemnogrodzianin: Well, I hope you're wrong :D
It is a bit tough in spots, but imo you should be ok(given that, for starters, you don't seem to shirk easily from tougher p/c games).

ciemnogrodzianin: If that's true, considering my skills, we're doomed :D
It more or less boils down to your moral choices, so again: I think you'll do fine. :)

ciemnogrodzianin: It was a true relief to see them in one piece ;)
My guess is that Ben or Maureen set the other "bunny inmates" free from the souvenir stand...still, yes: very nice to see :D

ciemnogrodzianin: Thanks for that free time travel tickets for those, who may not have ones in their backlog! It's very nice of you.
I do my best to please and put smiles on a few faces.

=-=-=

Speaking of...to all: There is still a copy of Dark Forces 1 left, if anyone else wants it for their time travel trip!
GamezRanker: Game(and friend invite, if that's ok) sent......enjoy, fellow traveler. :)
Both are received with many thanks!

These captcha are getting a little out of hand...
low rated
CervelloYM: These captcha are getting a little out of hand...
=-=-=

(for the thread)
Some updated pics from my journey:

1- Hmm, this must be the way to the cola bottling plant I heard about in System Shock 2. *sees skull/crossbones signs* Hmm, must be diet cola.

2-*Spoiler* This area of Level 7, if rolled into, has a hidden teleporter to a HUGE weapon and item stash.....all a silencer needs, and for free too! :D
Attachments:
ciemnogrodzianin: Just look what I've found in 1995!! :D
GamezRanker: Cool, cool....but I like this versions a bit better ;)
Great! :D I didn't know this one :)
low rated
ciemnogrodzianin: Great! :D I didn't know this one :)
Weird Al truly is a gifted songster....if you have time(har har) I wholly recommend looking into the rest of their music.
So I finished my trip back in time with Star Wars: Dark Forces.

Coming of my previous post, I had a good time with this game, despite it's age. It's still a very enjoyable experience and any fan of Star Wars and/or FPS games should play this game at least once.

The story is nothing special, but the cutscenes are well made for their time, and the voice acting is very good.
The gameplay is fast like all other called "Doom clones" of that era. But most importantly, it's really fun to play.

The only negatives I have is that some levels are confusing and the games never highlights whenever you find a secret.

All in all, I spent a good time with this game. It's an old school shooter that should be on every FPS lover collection.
low rated
bluethief: The gameplay is fast like all other called "Doom clones" of that era. But most importantly, it's really fun to play.
If you liked Dark Forces, i'm guessing you'll love the "future" sequel(and it's expansion, Mysteries of the Sith): FMV cutscenes with some (imo) brilliant acting, in-level saves, good music....and much much more.

(also *spoilers* in the main game there are two divergent storylines beyond a certain point, depending if you are light or dark side when that point comes up *end spoilers*)

Addition: the in-game graphics are a bit rough, but there is a mod that upscales(correct term?) the textures to a more polished/"hd" look.
Post edited May 08, 2021 by GamezRanker
bluethief: The gameplay is fast like all other called "Doom clones" of that era. But most importantly, it's really fun to play.
GamezRanker: If you liked Dark Forces, i'm guessing you'll love the "future" sequel(and it's expansion, Mysteries of the Sith): FMV cutscenes with some (imo) brilliant acting, in-level saves, good music....and much much more.

(also *spoilers* in the main game there are two divergent storylines beyond a certain point, depending if you are light or dark side when that point comes up *end spoilers*)

Addition: the in-game graphics are a bit rough, but there is a mod that upscales(correct term?) the textures to a more polished/"hd" look.
I already have Dark Forces 2 installed to play next :).

When the decision comes, I will certainly choose the light side as I don't like to be evil.

Yeah, I searched a bit and I'm going to install one of those mods, because I read that they also help make the game run better on modern systems.
low rated
bluethief: When the decision comes, I will certainly choose the light side as I don't like to be evil.
*spoilers* That's the thing....the choice is made for you....depending on things like if you harm the civilians/robots(even accidentally) in the levels or not. So if you want to go light side, make sure to watch your fire. :) *spoilers*
bluethief: When the decision comes, I will certainly choose the light side as I don't like to be evil.
GamezRanker: *spoilers* That's the thing....the choice is made for you....depending on things like if you harm the civilians/robots(even accidentally) in the levels or not. So if you want to go light side, make sure to watch your fire. :) *spoilers*
Oh, ok. Well I'm usually very careful on those situations, so I don't think it will be a problem by the time that choice comes :).