It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GamezRanker: From a quick web search: "A gigawatt is equal to one billion watts, and most of us are familiar with a watt. The light bulbs in our homes are typically between 60 and 100 watts. So 1.21 gigawatts would power more than 10 million light bulbs or one fictional flux capacitor in a time-traveling DeLorean."
Oh yes, I'm very aware of the capacity of a gigawatt. But Doctor Emmitt Brown's Flux Capacitor specifically calls for "One-point-twenty-one JIGAWATTS" of power!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk5O6F3qwOE

GamezRanker: I remember doing this....fun times they were....and if the game ran then they were even better. :)
Back in my day... we didn't have no stinkin' Steam Achievements. Just getting our game to start WAS the achievement!

GamezRanker: I remember....System Shock, for example, would only run for me in pure dos. I would have to boot into dos to play it, albeit it at first without sound as I couldn't free enough RAM.....then I found a mouse driver/etc that used less RAM and finally got to play the game from then on with full sound. :D
I remember Microsoft's mouse drivers using an absolutely insane amount of RAM, and I could never get them to load into the upper-memory blocks properly. I eventually found some third-party driver that only took about 7KB. After installing it I looked at my free conventional memory... and it was like the clouds parted and sunrays from Heaven shown down upon me while angels sang out in chorus.

Playing "memory Tetris" and trying to figure out how to squeeze as many drivers as possible into the upper memory area while maximizing conventional RAM almost became a game in itself.

FRIEND: "I just did a 100% clear on all levels of Doom on Nightmare difficulty."
ME: "Cool. I just got 630KB free conventional memory in MS-DOS."
FRIEND: "OH MY GOD! THAT'S SO AWESOME!!!"

:-) (I kid... but not by much...)
argamasa: Alone in the Dark 3 ?
Seems to have been a '94 release.
PetrusOctavianus: First mention I can find about it on the Strategy group on Usenet is from March 1995, which also coincides with ads and mentions in contemporary issues of CGW.
If it really was released originally in 1994 it must have been done quietly in Germany or something.
(Since I play games chronologically I tend to research release dates quite thoroughly.)
This claims to have been first published in issue 7, which seems to have been released in June 1994. Sadly just the cover is available there.
Did you know that the masterpiece Tekwar was also a 1995 game ?... Ok, I'm leaving !
low rated
Ryan333: Oh yes, I'm very aware of the capacity of a gigawatt. But Doctor Emmitt Brown's Flux Capacitor specifically calls for "One-point-twenty-one JIGAWATTS" of power!
Well we all know eccentric scientists(time or no) LOVE their weird pronunciations. ;D

Ryan333: Back in my day... we didn't have no stinkin' Steam Achievements. Just getting our game to start WAS the achievement!
True dat.....some of today's gamers, with one click steam installs/pre-set GOG installers/etc, don't know how easy they have it.

Ryan333: I remember Microsoft's mouse drivers using an absolutely insane amount of RAM, and I could never get them to load into the upper-memory blocks properly. I eventually found some third-party driver that only took about 7KB. After installing it I looked at my free conventional memory... and it was like the clouds parted and sunrays from Heaven shown down upon me while angels sang out in chorus.
When I finally got SS1 to run back then(without crashing and with sound) I had a feeling just like that. :)
Oh no I can't get my time machine to work. Looks like I need a PS1 memory card to play Chrono Trigger on the PS2. I'm stuck in time until I can get one.
muddysneakers: Oh no I can't get my time machine to work. Looks like I need a PS1 memory card to play Chrono Trigger on the PS2. I'm stuck in time until I can get one.
You can play your Chrono Trigger PS1 CD-Rom on a PC through an emulator.
Both EPSXE and PCSXR have CD-Rom support. There seems to be a new emulator called DuckStation but never used it before.
Post edited April 26, 2021 by Dark_art_
Not sure if OpenTTD counts - that is what I will be playing, or rather continue playing for the next several weeks.
Post edited April 26, 2021 by Matewis
MaxFulvus: Did you know that the masterpiece Tekwar was also a 1995 game ?... Ok, I'm leaving !
And take William Shatner with you before he tries to sling any of his albums.
Matewis: Not sure if OpenTTD counts - that is what I will be playing, or rather continue playing for the next several weeks.
On the basis of genetic analysis I confirm a high degree of kinship with Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
That should be enough to trigger the time's turning mechanism. At least it worked in case of Full Throttle Remastered, which is characterized by a lower level of connection with its original – and still works as an engine fuel for some of our fellow travellers.

Have a safe journey, time traveller!
thraxman: And take William Shatner with you before he tries to sling any of his albums.
Too late, he escaped me ! He is armed and dangerous, shoot him before he hacks GOG's database and spreads the game on all accounts !
ciemnogrodzianin: On the basis of genetic analysis I confirm a high degree of kinship with Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
That should be enough to trigger the time's turning mechanism. At least it worked in case of Full Throttle Remastered, which is characterized by a lower level of connection with its original – and still works as an engine fuel for some of our fellow travellers.

Have a safe journey, time traveller!
I trust the flux capacitor will also also be working with gusto then :) Happy to be onboard :)
low rated
Started my trip early:
(hope that's ok OP :))

1st Pic: OSHA inspector....just checking yer papers, mate....all seems to be in order

2nd pic: Is this where the turtles were made, or did I stumble into willy wonka's pistachio ice cream division?

3rd pic: *semi spoiler* A possible glitch....one can flip the switch pedestal near the door here to close/open the door and spawn guards over and over and farm free money/items seemingly as much as they want. I didn't get TOO greedy...I stopped when I had near 750 credits. :) *end semi spoilers*
Attachments:
GamezRanker: Started my trip early:
(hope that's ok OP :))
What the...?
Weren't you going to play Full Throttle??
Attachments:
low rated
Lone_Scout: What the...?
*Looks at pic* I'm sure he'll be fine...he is only 2 weeks from WEC retirement...what could possibly go wrong?

As for FT: I was mainly recommending/talking about it to the OP and others....Crusader was my true primary destination all along :D

(plus I already started a FT play through weeks back...been playing it on and off....and for this thread I wanted to start something fresh :))
Post edited April 27, 2021 by GamezRanker
Lone_Scout: What the...?
GamezRanker: I was mainly recommending/talking about FT to the OP and others....Crusader was my true primary destination all along :D
Cool. I thought I was the only Silencer here...
I'm still checking out the goodies (definitely worth it) and will start playing in May. :)