It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Carmageddon TDR 2000, aka Carmageddon 3.
Strijkbout: Carmageddon TDR 2000, aka Carmageddon 3.
That Carmageddon 3 looks pretty cool! Also, have you ever tried that POD game on GOG? Is it any good?
IronArcturus: That Carmageddon 3 looks pretty cool! Also, have you ever tried that POD game on GOG? Is it any good?
Even though the game looks better than the first two it's not as much fun, pedestrians take a lot of effort to kill which makes it very hard to win time plus that it's more a checkpoint hunt than a freeroam game because of the timeconstraints, though the timelimit can be modded out.
That it was developed by a different company which lacked the total insanity of Stainless Software made it more of a sedated game overall.
On the other hand there is a cool modpack with a lot of extra cars for this game which somewhat redeems it.

I played POD a long time ago, I liked the setting and tracks but the rollercoaster drivingphysics I didn't like so much, I'm more a fan of more adventurous driving physics where you can powerslide and skid a little. =)
Strijkbout: That it was developed by a different company which lacked the total insanity of Stainless Software made it more of a sedated game overall.
So is it like when 989 made Twisted Metal 3 and 4 instead of SingleTrac?
Strijkbout: That it was developed by a different company which lacked the total insanity of Stainless Software made it more of a sedated game overall.
IronArcturus: So is it like when 989 made Twisted Metal 3 and 4 instead of SingleTrac?
That's possible though I am ashamed to admit that I never played any Twisted Metal games. =(
Strijkbout: That's possible though I am ashamed to admit that I never played any Twisted Metal games. =(
Blasphemy! :P If you love car combat you gotta play the Twisted Metal series! Twisted Metal 2 and Twisted Metal: Black are great!
IronArcturus: So is it like when 989 made Twisted Metal 3 and 4 instead of SingleTrac?
Strijkbout: That's possible though I am ashamed to admit that I never played any Twisted Metal games. =(
All I can tell you is not to bother with 3 or 4 if you ever do, they aren't exactly known for their good quality. 2 and Black are the pinnacles of the series.
IronArcturus: Blasphemy! :P If you love car combat you gotta play the Twisted Metal series! Twisted Metal 2 and Twisted Metal: Black are great!
EnforcerSunWoo: All I can tell you is not to bother with 3 or 4 if you ever do, they aren't exactly known for their good quality. 2 and Black are the pinnacles of the series.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. =)
JudasIscariot: Hey guys, I have a spot of bad news. Unfortunately, this week's Enigmatic Hint has been delayed. Delayed but not dead. The delay should, hopefully, be no longer than the delay we experienced with Hogs of War. You may continue guessing as to what the delayed Enigmatic Hint actually stands for :)
How about Whiplash / Fatal Racing? That looked like a cool game!
triock: Not a satisfactory answer. Judas didn't say that the delayed game would be coming next week.
Grargar:
Plus how come we don't get the originally scheduled classic for next week in ADDITION to the one delayed from this week?
Gypped!
Maybe it is early access to Wreckfest known before as Next Car Game.
It could also mean that Galaxy is coming up.
There are Geico advertisements in Race Driver: Grid, so maybe another game from Codemasters? Dirt 3? (If I remember correct, Dirt 2 isn't sold anymore because licenses expired).

Edit: Grid 2 > Dirt 2
Post edited October 06, 2014 by The-Business
The-Business: (If I remember correct, Grid 2 isn't sold anymore because licenses expired).
You sure? :p
http://store.steampowered.com/app/44350/
Sorry, meant Dirt 2. Updated the post. Thanks.
IronArcturus: That Carmageddon 3 looks pretty cool! Also, have you ever tried that POD game on GOG? Is it any good?
I own POD here on GOG, I played it also many years ago, when it was famous for using "MMX" technology and other graphic aceleration new technology, I disliked the game the first time I played, I wasnt sure why... maybe I wasnt played as many games back in that years, but actually when I bought it here I discover why I still dont like it.

The game has some really bad done things, like for instance the "hit" boxes, yes, sounds like i am talking about an FPS, but one of the most annoying things from POD, is that when you are going to pass a vehicle, suddenly you hit "something" in the middle of the "air", just because you tried to pass the other car too close. It happens all the time, and also other features make the game kinda boring, as a really bad balance difficulty, that makes the game very easy, or very difficult.

I love "scifi" racing games, I played all them, Starwars Racer, Xtreme G, F-Zero, Wipeout, Powerdrome, Power Slide, and POD is one of the most boring ones. Still isnt too bad... but it is also no good.
Post edited October 06, 2014 by YaTEdiGo