It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
GameRager: They don't even do that to delisted games people own.....why is this even allowed or done by GOG?!?
mrkgnao: Who's to stop them? I've had 19 goodies removed from my account in the past 10 years.
Their very creed says something like: "You buy it, you own it for good"

That includes extras.

Tbh i'm shocked no one has taken them to court over that sort of thing, as it must be illegal in some locales.
mrkgnao: Who's to stop them? I've had 19 goodies removed from my account in the past 10 years.
GameRager: Their very creed says something like: "You buy it, you own it for good"

That includes extras.

Tbh i'm shocked no one has taken them to court over that sort of thing, as it must be illegal in some locales.
The fact that they removed it from our accounts does not refute that creed. You buy it, you download it, it's yours for good. Nobody says that GOG needs to keep a backup on their servers available for you until the end of times. If you decide not to download something, it's your decision.

Their having removed these 19 goodies from my account does not trouble me too much, as I haven't lost them. I have downloaded them on the day I bought them (and every time they changed, if ever). From my POV, what GOG keeps on their server is at best a nice-to-have backup.

Every time a file changes in my account (whether installer or goodie), I download it on that same day. Twice in fact --- so that I can compare the two downloads to make sure the file download was not corrupted. From that point onwards, I don't really care about the copy on GOG's servers, until it changes again. Rinse and repeat.
Post edited February 01, 2020 by mrkgnao
low rated
mrkgnao: The fact that they removed it from our accounts does not refute that creed. You buy it, you download it, it's yours for good. Nobody says that GOG needs to keep a backup on their servers available for you until the end of times. If you decide not to download something, it's your decision.
To me that includes being able to download it at any time....if they can do it for delisted games they should be able to do so for "delisted" extras for those that own them...they should only remove the right to own them to new customers of said games.

And yes, one should download all their games right away, if possible....but not everyone can do so for obvious reasons(DL cap/etc).
GameRager: And yes, one should download all their games right away, if possible....but not everyone can do so for obvious reasons(DL cap/etc).
One drawback is that, if you download a game, you are not entitled to a refund on that game, except for cases where support can't get your game working on a system that meets the requirements and is supported by GOG. On the other hand, if you *don't* download, I believe you can get a refund within 30 daye (if, say, you purchased the wrong game by mistake).
low rated
dtgreene: One drawback is that, if you download a game, you are not entitled to a refund on that game, except for cases where support can't get your game working on a system that meets the requirements and is supported by GOG. On the other hand, if you *don't* download, I believe you can get a refund within 30 daye (if, say, you purchased the wrong game by mistake).
Good points, though I pay so little for my games(due to being poor and buying mainly in sales) that I don't mind losing a dollar or two....plus if need be(since I paid for a license effectively by buying here) I feel no moral qualms about DLing a "ahoy matey" copy(same version, no better or worse, more or less, etc) that would work, if need be, to have a working copy.

For others who cannot do such or won't do such, I think they should be as careful as possible before buying anything so as not to get something they cannot play.
Post edited February 01, 2020 by GameRager
GameRager: They don't even do that to delisted games people own.....why is this even allowed or done by GOG?!?
Didn't know they did that. Why wound they do that
high rated
Whoa whoa .
Let's not jump the shark here.

Anybody contacted support about missing goodies ?
Do we have official answer ?
high rated
Just for information. GOG PROMISED! years ago that they would never again remove materials (including extras) from the users library. So they broke their promise. The fact that they don't even post here to "defend" their decision is telling more than thousand words. Really disappointed right now - especially since they cannot be forced to remove something from the users library, they can only be forced from selling something. In this case the contact has been signed and the user now has at least the right to use them ... this is nothing more than theft - period! Somebody should make a seperate thread so that GOG can see that this is nothing the user accepts and they should at least give some HONEST feedback. After this obviously broken promise however I'd rather like to ask for "honest" feedback. Did I say that I am disappointed? There's only one way I'll accept - it was a technical glitch that will be fixed.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_removed_materials_from_users_library_gog_what_happened
Post edited February 01, 2020 by MarkoH01
high rated
Created a support ticket about this issue.

I'll let you know when I get an answer.
MarkoH01: GOG PROMISED!
they broke their promise.
I am *flabbergasted* at the mere insinuation! ;P
When did they add the german manual?
I downloaded everything from the website on 10.02.2018 and never had it.
Infact non of the JaggedAlliance games seems to have had a german manual to begin with.
Post edited February 01, 2020 by Dreaganos
Info from blues in another thread.

"Due to a DMCA takedown request, we had to immediately remove the German manual from Jagged Alliance 2 goodies, which unfortunately affects all owners of the game. We’re deeply sorry but in this case, we were unable to inform you about it in advance as we try to do in such situations."
armedready: Didn't know they did that. Why wound they do that
Gog would have to remove the content entirely if they never had the right to provide it. I can see this happening with certain things like manuals in other languages that they sometimes get copies of from people who use the store rather than the publisher. Of course it’s still gogs fault if they posted it as a bonus without seeking out permission from the actual owner of the content
high rated
Dreaganos: When did they add the german manual?
I downloaded everything from the website on 10.02.2018 and never had it.
Infact non of the JaggedAlliance games seems to have had a german manual to begin with.
They added a link to it on September 5, 2018. The file was called jagged_alliance_2_manual_de.zip, but the link was broken, so it was impossible to download for more than a week.

They changed and renamed it on October 5, 2018. The new file was called jagged_alliance_2_ger.zip (with a modification date/time of Wed, 05 Sep 2018 14:00:03 GMT). It hasn't changed since (until yesterday).

P.S. Here are muntdefem's and eiii's posts about it in this thread:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post20724
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post20777
Post edited February 01, 2020 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: They added a link to it on September 5, 2018. The file was called jagged_alliance_2_manual_de.zip, but the link was broken, so it was impossible to download.

They fixed and renamed it on October 5, 2018. The new file was called jagged_alliance_2_ger.zip (with a modification date/time of Wed, 05 Sep 2018 14:00:03 GMT). It hasn't changed since (until yesterday).
Ah thanks, well that serves me right for not checking more often.
Oh well nothing lost :)