It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

timmy010: offline installers with dying light 10-in12 dlc program still doesn't exist.
finkleroy: All the content from the 10-in-12 DLC drops is in the offline installer. It's been confirmed that it contains DRM that requires an internet connection to unlock the content. GOG support confirmed this but refuses to remove the DRM. So much for their DRM-free mission statement. This isn't even a multiplayer issue; it's DRM for singleplayer, and that's completely unacceptable.
So what would happen if AFTER the unlocking you disconnect from the internet? Will you still have the content unlocked? If so, then I would not really consider this to be DRM since in this case you could store those missing files somewhere and add them back for the next install manually.
high rated
MarkoH01: So what would happen if AFTER the unlocking you disconnect from the internet? Will you still have the content unlocked? If so, then I would not really consider this to be DRM since in this case you could store those missing files somewhere and add them back for the next install manually.
I don't know. Someone else tested it out. GOG claims that an internet connection is not required when installing games with the offline installers, and the fact that they offered him a refund shows that they know that the way the offline installer for Dying Light is set up is unacceptable.
MarkoH01: So what would happen if AFTER the unlocking you disconnect from the internet? Will you still have the content unlocked? If so, then I would not really consider this to be DRM since in this case you could store those missing files somewhere and add them back for the next install manually.
finkleroy: I don't know. Someone else tested it out. GOG claims that an internet connection is not required when installing games with the offline installers, and the fact that they offered him a refund shows that they know that the way the offline installer for Dying Light is set up is unacceptable.
No, it does not. Believe it or not but GOG is actually pretty fast in accepting refunds - they want to keep their customers. It does not mean that they accepted it to be unacceptable but they accepted that it is unacceptable for the user who asked for a refund.

So as long as it has not been confirmed that there is no way around it I consider this to be an additional step for the installation and nothing more. But I do own the game so is there any way to find out if this DLC is installed or not? I could test this possibility myself.

Edit: If you like you can tell me in chat so this thread can stay on topic.

Sorry for the OT.
Post edited November 13, 2018 by MarkoH01
high rated
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason why the offline installers are named that is because you can install them offline, no? Checking the internet to see what date it is to see what content to install sounds exactly like DRM to me, and nobody should have to do anything to get around it.
Post edited November 13, 2018 by finkleroy
high rated
13 November:

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Celestian Tales: Old North
· Commandos 2+3
· Descent: Underground [Upcoming]
· Galactic Civilizations III
· Project Zomboid [In Dev]

[Part 1 of 2]

The game Descent: Underground [Upcoming] has been removed and replaced with Descent: Underground [Pre-order] (remember to re-add it to your wishlists if you had the old incarnation of the game in them)

Celestian Tales: Old North has changed

>>> Features changed *FROM* Single-player, Achievements *TO* Single-player

Commandos 2+3 has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Commandos 3: Patch (1.42 hotfix1 to 1.42 hotfix2) --- Name: patch_commandos_3_-_destination_berlin_1.42_hotfix1_(23840)_to_1.42_hotfix2_(25143).exe --- Size: 3.7 MB --- Date: Tue 13 Nov 2018 15:58:29 GMT --- Version: 1.42 hotfix2

* File changed: Commandos 3: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_commandos_3_-_destination_berlin_1.42_hotfix1_(23840).exe *TO* setup_commandos_3_-_destination_berlin_1.42_hotfix2_(25143).exe --- Size *FROM* 1.6 GB *TO* 1.6 GB (-1.4 MB) --- Date *FROM* Thu 20 Sep 2018 08:38:22 GMT *TO* Tue 13 Nov 2018 15:59:17 GMT --- Version *FROM* 1.42 hotfix1 *TO* 1.42 hotfix2

[CHANGELOG UPDATED FOR COMMANDOS 3 - DESTINATION BERLIN]
Internal Update (13 November 2018)

- [WIN] fixed water rendering issues (mostly noticeable during 'Destroy the warships' mission)
(Full changelog)

Project Zomboid [In Dev] has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* Files removed: Windows installer, English (parts 1-2)

* File added: Windows installer, English --- Size: 1.6 GB --- Version: 40.30

* File added: Windows installer, English (32-bit) --- Size: 1.5 GB --- Version: 40.30

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- Size *FROM* 1.1 GB *TO* 1.4 GB --- Version *FROM* 39.67.5 *TO* 40.31

[NO CHANGELOG]
high rated

[Part 2 of 2]

Galactic Civilizations III has changed

>>> Rating changed *FROM* [empty] *TO* USK Rating: Approved for children aged 6 and above. PEGI Rating: 12+ (with Violence)

[FILE UPDATES]

* Files removed: Windows installer, English (parts 1-3)

* File added: Patch (3.05 to 3.10) [Windows] --- Size: 1.0 MB --- Version: 3.10

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 4) --- Size: 2.0 MB --- Version: 3.10

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 4) --- Size: 4.0 GB --- Version: 3.10

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 4) --- Size: 4.0 GB --- Version: 3.10

* File added: Windows installer, English (part 4 of 4) --- Size: 236.0 MB --- Version: 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Altarian Prophecy: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 24.0 MB *TO* 25.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Builder's Kit: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (7.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Crusade Expansion Pack: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) --- Size has not changed (1.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Crusade Expansion Pack: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- Size *FROM* 1.3 GB *TO* 1.3 GB (+1.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Intrigue: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (133.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Lost Treasures: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (48.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Map Pack: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (8.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Mech Parts Kit: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 6.0 MB *TO* 5.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Mega Events: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (6.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Mercenaries Expansion Pack: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (54.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Precursor Worlds: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 5.0 MB *TO* 6.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Registration: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 5.0 MB *TO* 6.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Revenge of the Snathi: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (12.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Rise of the Terrans: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (12.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

* File changed: DLC: Star Control Heroes: Windows installer, English --- Size *FROM* 5.0 MB *TO* 11.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 3.05 *TO* 3.10

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 3.10 (13 November 2018)

AI Improvements
- Synthetic races are better at killing you
- Synthetic life forms will not longer try to build farms. Instead, they'll destroy the arable tiles to make room for something more useful to them.
- Crusade: AI better at gaining citizens at higher difficulty levels.

Balance
- Fertile tiles are more common.
- Mercenaries: Avatar mercenary antimatter cost increased from 1 to 5.

Crusade
- Prolific ability population growth reduced from 0.2 to 0.1 (otherwise it was basically tripling initial population growth).
- Aururus Arberetum provides a % growth benefit instead of a flat so that a given player (such as an AI player) doesn't gain a disproportionate advantage from having one.
- Intrigue: Changed the "Destroyed Planets" crisis outcomes to be only "mostly destroyed"

Interface
- Custom Colors: Design your own color palettes for custom factions, ships, the UI and maps.
- Population growth now shows to 2 significant digits.
- Added a button on the title window to force sync the mods. Use this if you have subbed/unsubbed to ships or civs outside of the game and that content isn't showing up correctly.
- Crusade: Shows your leader instead of the news robot

Bugs
- Fixed a few MP crashes
- Typo fixes: For extreme colonize, it is Barren, not Desert planet types.
- Base Game only: AI will not try to research Crusade specific techs.
- Mercenaries: AI no longer tries to "mine" the Bazaar
(Full changelog)
high rated
You're really stretching it.
HypersomniacLive: You're really stretching it.
It was not my intention to stretch anything. it was a question I really was interested in for myself and I intend to figure this question out. I already explained to finkleroy in chat (again don't want to take this OT but feel free to contact me) why I personally don't consider it to be DRM. Of course it is completely fine to disagree.
MarkoH01:
finkleroy:
i've been regularly testing this. my first test was:-

1. zero galaxy
2. zero internet

i couldn't unlock the content.

later i tried to do what MarkH01 said, where i atleast try to backup the content for later use. this was several months later. this scenario had:-

1. zero galaxy
2. internet connection active

i was still unable to get the DLC.
timmy010: i've been regularly testing this. my first test was:-

1. zero galaxy
2. zero internet

later i tried to do what MarkH01 said, where i atleast try to backup the content for later use. this was several months later. this scenario had:-

1. zero galaxy

If this information is accurate, and I have no reason to assume that it isn't, it means that even if you use the offline installer to install the game on a PC that has an active internet connection, the DLC will not unlock. This is extremely absurd and will result in me not being able to access the DLC I paid for. If GOG staff are reading this, let it be known that I demand a solid answer on this issue, and if it means that my refusal to install and use the Galaxy client will result in me not being able to access this single-player content, I demand a refund. Not store credit, but a full refund for the base game + all of the DLC I've paid for, and I've paid for all of it. I haven't yet started playing the game, so I don't really know what I'd be missing out on, but it's the principle of the issue. I'd greatly prefer a fix for the offline installer, but if the developer/publisher and GOG refuse to offer one, I demand a refund, and I really don't think that's unreasonable.
Post edited November 14, 2018 by finkleroy
finkleroy: If GOG staff are reading this, let it be known that I demand a solid answer on this issue,
GOG staff rarely provide solid answer.
Usually they just ignore bug reports here.
high rated
kbnrylaec: GOG staff rarely provide solid answer.
Usually they just ignore bug reports here.
That's true. This isn't a bug, though. As far as I can tell, it's DRM for singleplayer content that was introduced by Techland because they're lazy, and it was accepted by GOG. Long after the final content drop in May of this year, the offline installer still hasn't been updated, even though it would be extremely easy to update it. As far as I can tell, Techland created this issue and GOG didn't notice it, so I'm fine with the fact that it was released. What I'm not fine with is the fact that when GOG was informed of this issue this past May or June, they simply apologized to timmy010 and offered him a refund. They're aware of the issue, but they refuse to resolve it, even though it would be extremely easy to do so. I'm not installing Galaxy for the sole purpose of accessing singleplayer content that would be available with the offline installer if GOG would actually live up to its mission statement of being DRM-free for singleplayer content.

I know it's absolute hell on Earth to get GOG support to actually respond to a support ticket, so how should I attempt to contact them? In the recent past, the only thing that's worked was asking Judas for help in this thread.
finkleroy:
timmy010: i've been regularly testing this. my first test was:-

1. zero galaxy
2. zero internet

1. zero galaxy

Out of curiosity, have you (or anyone else) tried it with Galaxy running, but without an internet connection?
dtgreene: Out of curiosity, have you (or anyone else) tried it with Galaxy running, but without an internet connection?
That's an excellent question. I've never used Galaxy and I never will, so I won't be able to answer your question. I'd be very interested to find out the answer, though.
dtgreene: Out of curiosity, have you (or anyone else) tried it with Galaxy running, but without an internet connection?
there's a cool guy in the dying light sub-forum called powergod. he mentions he had galaxy installed but inactive. he also mentions that game data did change for him. he also acknowledged that his version (in september) did update.

user Desmight reported content unlocking without an internet connection. it appears like it's time based + galaxy active or inactive.