It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've noticed that sometimes forums become marked as having new posts, despite there not being any.

This just happened to me with the "General discussion (archive)" forum, which hasn't had any posts since the end of 2014 and doesn't allow new posts.

Any idea what's going on here?
GOG, are you breaking something again?

I see "ACCOUNT" instead of my nickname in the upper menu bar on some pages of the site (including forum).
Post edited September 25, 2019 by OHMYGODJCABOMB
OHMYGODJCABOMB: GOG, are you breaking something again?

I see "ACCOUNT" instead of my nickname in the upper menu bar on some pages of the site (including forum).
Confirmed, you're not alone. I notice too.
Also when you hover over "store" on normal gog.com, there is a narrow blank line, and no option to view sales or new releases.

Edit: the problem seems to have been resolved somehow. Will update if the problem comes back.

Update: so now I noticed that when I hover over my account name, "games" and "wishlist" no longer show a friendly number to indicate how many games or wishlist items you have. This is really sad, because I liked that a lot and it was very helpful. Now it's gone. Please fix! :(
Post edited September 25, 2019 by fridgeband
Ever since the "Account" bug fix (Sep 25), the Games count in my account drop-down menu is wrong, it shows 13 less than what I actually own. The Movies count, on the other hand, is correct.

The "My Collection" and "Hidden" count in my games library is correct.

Anyone else experiencing this?
HypersomniacLive: Anyone else experiencing this?
Yes.

I have a couple of new games and new wishlist entries, but both of these counters in drop-down menu are stuck on values that were before the September 25.
HypersomniacLive: Ever since the "Account" bug fix (Sep 25), the Games count in my account drop-down menu is wrong, it shows 13 less than what I actually own. The Movies count, on the other hand, is correct.

Yes. Mine is off by 5. Which could simply mean that it is stuck, because 5 items have been added to my library since Sep 25.
Post edited September 30, 2019 by mrkgnao
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Yes.

I have a couple of new games and new wishlist entries, but both of these counters in drop-down menu are stuck on values that were before the September 25.
mrkgnao: Yes. Mine is off by 5. Which could simply mean that it is stuck, because 5 items have been added to my library since Sep 25.
So another half-baked fix... *sigh*

But my case seems to be a tad different, as my game count is completely arbitrary, 'stuck' at some random point in time before Sep 25.

Thanks for the replies.
HypersomniacLive: Ever since the "Account" bug fix (Sep 25), the Games count in my account drop-down menu is wrong, it shows 13 less than what I actually own. The Movies count, on the other hand, is correct.

HypersomniacLive: Anyone else experiencing this?
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Yes.

My games and wishlist don't even show a number now. not even 0 or any correct number (I actually have some!)
but it just shows totally blank. It should show different actual numbers that I really do have, but now it shows none.
gog support so far believes that my cache or a browser extension is causing the problem.... Uh no... I haven't changed anything! Sincerely I swear! :(

I'm getting all sorts of problems where gog doesn't want to realize that I have in fact signed in already. sometimes my account name doesn't show up and stays blank, or it keeps saying "sign in" and I have to refresh several times just to get gog.com to realize, that YES in fact I'm signed in!

Then I try to sign out and gog.com wont accept the fact I have signed out.

Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. Sign out. gog refreshes itself. still see my account logged in. sign out..... FINALLY it refreshes and says "sign in" so I know I'm logged out.....

It's been getting worse and worse.

I get the strangest feeling that all these bugs and glitches are all related, maybe the same "glitch monster". It feels like multiple glitch tentacles of the same octopus glitch. I dunno lol.
dtgreene: I've noticed that sometimes forums become marked as having new posts, despite there not being any.

This just happened to me with the "General discussion (archive)" forum, which hasn't had any posts since the end of 2014 and doesn't allow new posts.

Any idea what's going on here?
I can confirm I notice this too. it's more rare though.
Post edited October 01, 2019 by fridgeband
fridgeband: gog support so far believes that my cache or a browser extension is causing the problem.... Uh no... I haven't changed anything! Sincerely I swear! :(
Browser cache and extensions are what they always blame in such cases.

And almost always it turns out that the problems were not on the client side. :D

For example, when the infamous currencies bug just appeared, they tried to convince me that it was because of my antivirus.

Yup mine shows like 3 games to less on the forum bar and 2 too much on the wishlist. But when i enter my wishlist it's actually normal 9 and the games are all there in the library.
low rated
fridgeband: gog support so far believes that my cache or a browser extension is causing the problem.... Uh no... I haven't changed anything! Sincerely I swear! :(
OHMYGODJCABOMB: Browser cache and extensions are what they always blame in such cases.

And almost always it turns out that the problems were not on the client side. :D

For example, when the infamous currencies bug just appeared, they tried to convince me that it was because of my antivirus.
I think that usually gog support is wonderful, probably the best customer support in anything video game related I have ever seen in my entire life! I really love gog support!

But... when it comes to bugs and glitches, telling me that It's on my end is very frustrating, especially when I know it's not...

If I'm using the same thing I've been using for a while and something new happens, it's on gogs end, not mine. If they accept this, they can look for what they did to their system and fix it. Then I can resume healthy normal usage of the website and continue to spend money and be a happy customer. I'm just saying, but it needs to be said.

I love them, can't stress that enough, but remember the lyrics of the cyberpunk2077 trailer, "personal responsibility"
I see that the entries 'Activity Feed' and 'Your Profile' have returned to the account drop-down menu, even for accounts with disabled profiles.

@GOG, I care for neither, but, since you're fiddling with the account drop-down menu, I'd appreciate if you'd fix the games count.

This bug was fixed, thanks @GOG.

HypersomniacLive: This bug was fixed, thanks @GOG.
I noticed that the numbers are back. This is very good and it makes me happy. So far, I'm still waiting to see if all these other glitches and issues are gone for good or not. I have to wait and see. Sometimes the glitches have been inconsistent so I have to see if the glitches and bugs stop happened, and actually don't come back. I will try to be vigilant about this, and if I notice things clear up and become smoother, I will personally let gog.com support know that things seem to have improved so that they know what it's like on our end.

So far so good, some good progress! :)

I still worry about all the other glitches of course, but I will wait and see what happens.

Edit: I have seen some improvement so far. I don't know what gog support did but gog.com seems a bit smoother lately :)
Post edited October 13, 2019 by fridgeband
Recent new games do not appear on New tab of homepage.

GOG used to push new games there without any announcement.
Now they just hide everything from their customers.