It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jpolgesek: We're investigating broken order history search / refunds form (it's the same issue on the backend). Currently no eta for fix, will post updates on this topic.
Can't hurt to ask every few months: Anything new about the issue and the fix?
jpolgesek: We're investigating broken order history search / refunds form (it's the same issue on the backend). Currently no eta for fix, will post updates on this topic.
PaterAlf: Can't hurt to ask every few months: Anything new about the issue and the fix?
the goose is on a well earned holiday
Dev0_NZ: the goose is on a well earned holiday
By well earned holiday, do you mean inexplicable 28 day vacation or literally flown the coop?
Dev0_NZ: the goose is on a well earned holiday
ᛞᚨᚱᚹᛟᚾᛞ: By well earned holiday, do you mean inexplicable 28 day vacation or literally flown the coop?
due back in 3 days~ but easter, so maybe next week
PaterAlf: Can't hurt to ask every few months: Anything new about the issue and the fix?
Sadly no updates there :/ We need to finish some other projects in order to make this fix work correctly
jpolgesek: Sadly no updates there :/ We need to finish some other projects in order to make this fix work correctly
Ok. Thank you for answering.
Probably not something that just happened, but it was reported on the price updates thread that the "lowest price in the last 30 days" function doesn't actually record the lowest price, but the discount, so if the highest discount was in the last 30 days, but not currently, and the base price changes, that listed lowest price also changes, becoming incorrect.
And, seeing as the introduction of that information is thanks to an EU regulation, GOG really should be fixing it.
I'm having difficulty opening game cards on my account page for weeks, on Firefox on my desktop and on my iPhone. I've attached a screen of the message about mismatched tags from Firefox's console.
Attachments:
pic.png (28 Kb)
SCPM: I'm having difficulty opening game cards on my account page for weeks, on Firefox on my desktop and on my iPhone. I've attached a screen of the message about mismatched tags from Firefox's console.
As someone who's been having this issue for a while and complaining about it, let me confirm this.

This seems to be caused by having a large library. The more games you own, the more frequently it'll fail, without telling you that it failed outside of the console, as it appears as if it is loading indefinitely.

So to open a game card, get into the habit of clicking on a game, clicking out of the card, clicking back into the game.
Do this approximately 10 times and the game card will open eventually. This is a lot quicker than staring at the F12 console and waiting for the error.

If I login with my GF's account which has less than 500 games, everything loads immediately and on first try.

Now to add more to the fun of having many games, once you hit over 4250 games, you will periodically start seeing the GOGbear when trying to open your library. A refresh should help though. Once you hit 5000 games, the library may stop loading entirely, leading to a permanent GOGbear.

For what it's worth, GOG are aware of it and are looking into it.
Post edited April 08, 2024 by SargonAelther
high rated
SargonAelther: For what it's worth, GOG are aware of it and are looking into it.
Aaaaand jpolgesek has just told us that he has implemented some fixes regarding game loading.
https://www.gog.com/account now loads in a second and so does every single game card. Not a single 500 error in GOGREPOC either!

jpolgesek has fixed so many things lately! He should get a raise or something xD.

SCPM: I'm having difficulty opening game cards on my account page for weeks, on Firefox on my desktop and on my iPhone. I've attached a screen of the message about mismatched tags from Firefox's console.
Check your library now.
SargonAelther: Check your library now.
Yup, what a relief it is to be able to clear all those update notifications so quickly now. :)
SargonAelther: jpolgesek has fixed so many things lately! He should get a raise or something xD.
Indeed. They finally have someone who can deal with old site code. I wonder how much of it is just done on the side though, besides any job description.
SargonAelther: https://www.gog.com/account now loads in a second and so does every single game card.
Oh wow. I often don't even see the loading circle for game cards anymore.
Ah, I was wondering when that would be fixed. I can say this, it's quite a recent fix.

One you might think to be noteworthy enough of a back patting thread, but what do I know about PR?
dnovraD: One you might think to be noteworthy enough of a back patting thread, but what do I know about PR?
It's not about Galaxy, not worth PR's attention.