It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Oh, that is right, LM19 was released the other day. I totally forgot it was planned for the end of June.
Anyone tried 19? Any problems I should hear about?
I've now updated the PlayOnLinux guide :)

Engerek01: Anyone tried 19? Any problems I should hear about?
I've been using it since release. It has the usual minor issues that arise from changing the base Ubuntu version (jumping from 16.04 --> 18.04 = a lot of changes), but nothing major - I'd expect everything to be worked out by the time 19.1 releases.

If you're currently using 18.x and it does everything you need then there's no reason to upgrade yet (it's still supported until 2021), otherwise if you're doing a fresh install or need to upgrade for something (e.g. open graphics drivers since Padoka dropped support for 16.04) then definitely try Mint 19 :)
high rated
Having read complaints from some people here about having to install dependencies for things (although it really isn't that hard...), I've made a meta-package for conveniently installing most additional libraries that are likely to be required. Download it here (this is for Mint 19.x/Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)

This will install the dependencies listed on the store pages of a number of games here (I didn't check every game as there are far too many but they tend to use the same/similar selection of libraries), Wine's dependencies (Wine itself will not be installed), and the ia32-libs meta-package.

If anyone finds that any additional dependencies are required after installing this, let me know & I'll see about adding them too :)
adamhm: H
The more annoying thing I find is how Winetricks can't invoke 32 bit installers to resolve dependencies, but if I were to actually fetch said installers, they'd run mostly hitchless. I know I could just install 32 bit wine, but it seems like an unneeded step.
That's unlikely to be such a concern for people new to Linux though :p

This package should install almost every dependency that's likely to be needed so that e.g. a user can do a clean install of Mint (or Ubuntu) & update as usual, then just install this package to have their system be ready to play just about any game from here/my Wine wrappers etc. with minimal risk of something failing to run due to missing dependencies.
adamhm: Having read complaints from some people here about having to install dependencies for things (although it really isn't that hard...), I've made a meta-package for conveniently installing most additional libraries that are likely to be required. Download it here (this is for Mint 19.x/Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)
To help you maintain a comprehensive list of usual game dependencies used by games on Ubuntu/Mint, I can compile for you the list of game dependencies used by ./play.it games. Interested?
Sure :)
adamhm: (…)
Here you go:
libasound2-plugins
libasound2-plugins:i386
libbz2-1.0
libbz2-1.0:i386
libc6
libc6:i386
libcurl3-gnutls
libcurl3-gnutls:i386
libcurl4:i386 | libcurl3:i386
libcurl4 | libcurl3
libfreetype6
libfreetype6:i386
libgconf-2-4
libgconf-2-4:i386
libgl1-mesa-glx:i386 | libgl1:i386
libgl1-mesa-glx | libgl1
libglu1-mesa:i386 | libglu1:i386
libglu1-mesa | libglu1
libgtk2.0-0
libgtk2.0-0:i386
libjson-c3:i386 | libjson-c2:i386 | libjson0:i386
libjson-c3 | libjson-c2 | libjson0
libnss3
libnss3:i386
libopenal1
libopenal1:i386
libsdl1.2debian
libsdl1.2debian:i386
libsdl2-2.0-0
libsdl2-2.0-0:i386
libsdl2-image-2.0-0
libsdl2-image-2.0-0:i386
libsdl2-mixer-2.0-0
libsdl2-mixer-2.0-0:i386
libstdc++6
libstdc++6:i386
libtheora0
libtheora0:i386
libudev1
libudev1:i386
libvorbisfile3
libvorbisfile3:i386
libxcursor1
libxcursor1:i386
libxft2
libxft2:i386
libxrandr2
libxrandr2:i386
Some dependencies really specific to ./play.it are not included, things like X11 utils or GCC cross-architecture compiler,

-----

Another thing that might help, these are recent builds of innoextract for Debian and Ubuntu versions that don’t provide them: https://www.dotslashplay.it/ressources/innoextract/
Post edited September 13, 2018 by vv221
vv221: Here you go:
<snip>
Some dependencies really specific to ./play.it are not included, things like X11 utils or GCC cross-architecture compiler,
Thanks - only a handful of packages were missing; I've added them now :)
Post edited September 14, 2018 by adamhm
Just saw this and I think it's relevant for the people who want to try Linux with Mint or with any other distribution.
Thanks for sharing. People who are interested in it may want to read here afterwards.
Post edited October 21, 2018 by Engerek01
Engerek01: ...
Thanks for sharing. People who are interested in it may want to read here afterwards.
Pleasure is all mine. Thank you for the useful article. It goes into more depth about Steam Play, so that's very useful.
For anyone interested, I just noticed that the Humble Book Bundle: DevOps by O'Reilly includes Linux Pocket Guide at the lowest tier. I have the print version of this book and it's been quite handy to have around for quickly looking things up when using the terminal & writing scripts (and while reading through it I learned about some useful commands that I didn't know about previously). There are only a few days left though, so be quick if you want it.
The guide has now been updated for Linux Mint 19.1, which was officially released yesterday :)