It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Daedalus1138: I'm going to have to second this. I mean, I enjoyed it somewhat, but I was seriously disappointed when I played it (and that was after lowering my expectations from all the praise it had received). In fact, it was after playing this game that I decided to be extra cautious of purchasing highly praised games, especially classics.
lettmon: I don't think he was being serious...

I think Journey is top 5 most ovverated. I will have to owe you the other 4.
I was being dead serious.
Fallout 3 and 4
TES IV Oblivion
TES V Skyrim
Dragon Age: Inquisition
diablo 1 and 2
another set of boring bland over rated grind fests
how anybody could ever like these two and claim they like them with a straight face is beyond me
deleted
Post edited June 22, 2016 by Fairfox
Everything ever made
Fairfox: Monkey Island 2. Good game, good graphics and music, funny text, but frustrating and arbitrary puzzles at times.
I totally agree...I played it in the late 1990s and didn't enjoy it that much....then last year I bought it on Gog, and still didn't really enjoy it that much. Tbh I find the puzzles rather horrible, and the story is too weird and meta for me...I liked Monkey 1 much better.
Other games I found to be overrated:
1.) Fallout 2: a lot of people claim it's the best rpg ever...I found the combat tedious, the story was barely existent, and there was too much fourth-wall breaking, at times really tasteless and juvenile nonsense...failed utterly imo in creating a believable post-apocalyptic world. I later played Fallout 1, and liked that one much better (though it's also overrated).
2.) Deux Ex: played it a few months ago...actually a good game. But certainly not "best game evah" as many claim...AI is bad, gameplay eventually gets repetitive, story is ridiculous and many elements (like those ridiculous French accents in Paris, or Chinese soldiers speaking broad American English) just silly and atmosphere-killing.
3.) Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun: more a kind or pre-release hype...back in 1999 Westwood made all kind of promises that made their upcoming C&C game look like it would revolutionize RTS gaming. In the end it turned out to be a very mediocre, boring game.

Someone else mentioned System Shock 2...played that one a few months ago for the first time, and it might be somewhat overrated....but it's a unique experience, don't know of anything comparable. I'm not sure I actually enjoyed the game that much (the constant tension was a bit too much stress for my taste), but in its way it is deservedly a classic I'd say.
morolf: .
So you don't like Fallout 2, you don't like Deus Ex, Monkey Island 2...
...no wonder I don't like you. :P
fortune_p_dawg: anything call of duty
anything battlefield
anything half-life
the division
ocarina of time
anything from Bethesda
anything from Valve
anything from Gearbox
snowkatt: you just described the discworld series really
Fairfox: #1 fo' sho'! #2 is aces and easier. Stilll, I <3 #1 mostest even if I has to use a guide. Very funny, but yah, devs didn't have the time to 'fix' the game, I hear (or voices were recorded and too late?). Then again peeps don't tend to throw it in the same light as MI2, but it's eaaasily as good, if flawed.

sunshinecorp: Leave this place and never come back.
Fairfox: :( Okay.
2 isnt that much easier
you need to reach out of the box to figure the stench puzzle out
The voice acting in the original Deus Ex was hilarious
sunshinecorp: So you don't like Fallout 2, you don't like Deus Ex, Monkey Island 2...
I didn't say I didn't like them, I still got some enjoyment out of them (especially Deus Ex, almost finished a 2nd playthrough of that on realistic to see what I had missed the first time)...just that they're overrated in my opinion.
Only game on my list I really came to dislike was C&C:Tiberian Sun...the way that game was hyped was pretty disgraceful.
morolf: I didn't say I didn't like them, I still got some enjoyment out of them (especially Deus Ex, almost finished a 2nd playthrough of that on realistic to see what I had missed the first time)...just that they're overrated in my opinion.
Only game on my list I really came to dislike was C&C:Tiberian Sun...the way that game was hyped was pretty disgraceful.
Yeah I didn't like Tiberian Sun much either. It wasn't bad, it wasn't good. It was... meh.
sunshinecorp: So you don't like Fallout 2, you don't like Deus Ex, Monkey Island 2...
He is not human.
almabrds: He is not human.
I know.
morolf: 2.) Deux Ex: played it a few months ago...actually a good game. But certainly not "best game evah" as many claim...AI is bad, gameplay eventually gets repetitive, story is ridiculous and many elements (like those ridiculous French accents in Paris, or Chinese soldiers speaking broad American English) just silly and atmosphere-killing.
But nobody claims Deus Ex is the best ever because of AI or story or accents. Gameplay repetitive, that is simply a lie. If Deus Ex is repetitive, what can you say about corridor shooters, cover shooters, fetch quest RPGs, open world games in general.. Deus Ex is one of the least repetitive games out there.