It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adamhm: Homeworld Classic also seems to hang on exit if CSMT is enabled.
Likely bug 39348. Should be fine to kill it by then.

Forgot, Homeworld is mainly using OpenGL. Quite possibly it's something else.
Post edited June 11, 2016 by Gydion
Saints Row 2

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa x86_64
Kernel: 3.19.0-32-generic
Card: GeForce GT 330M
OpenGL Renderer: GeForce GT 330M/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96
Wine version: wine-1.9.11 (wine-devel amd64).
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10149
New thread link: Saints Row 2
I installed the game on a 32-bit clean prefix. Selected Windows version is XP.
There was a failure message at the end, but game's installation was successful.

The game can be launched as it is, but there will be no sound.

The sound problem can be fixed by installing directx from the "The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Final Cut/InstallUtils" folder (there was the same issue in this game, and it can be fixed the same way). It installs too many libraries:

From Van Helsing's prefix on FreeBSD:
$ WINEPREFIX=~/.wine_vhelsing sh winetricks list-installed
Using winetricks 20160425 - sha1sum: a1001b0d30a9bb6ea33e9b4a7bdb9e8f4bb3bbec with wine-1.9.6
d3dcompiler_43
d3dx10
d3dx11_43
d3dx9
d3dx9_26
d3dx9_28
d3dx9_31
d3dx9_35
d3dx9_36
d3dx9_39
d3dx9_42
d3dx9_43
directx9
vcrun2010
vcrun2012
xact
xact_jun2010
xinput
Definitely we don't need them all.

I haven't played much. I just created a new character and started the game.
Everything seems to work in the beginning.

Note: The game does not work on FreeBSD 10.3 (i386-wine-devel: 32-bit wine-1.9.6 from ports).
Post edited July 09, 2016 by vanchann
I'll post a full report later, but I got both Homeworld classic games from the Remastered Edition working in Wineskin with 1.9.11 on OS X 10.11.5.
vanchann: Saints Row 2
vanchann:
Can I bother you to include the AppDB link in your entry? I can't include it in the main posts anymore due to the post character limit.

While I'm bugging you, I would love it if you could create a separate post (yes, the forum software really helps here) for Saints Row - The Third and add it's own AppDB link.
Saints Row - The Third

WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=13853
New thread link: Saints Row - The Third
Install and play!
There are some annoying graphical artifacts in my case, even in low settings. I'm not sure, if I could count the game as totally playable.

If I have my XBOX 360 controller plugged in, all characters in the game are invisible. They appear as they should, if it's unplugged though. So, play on keyboard.

Note: The game does not work on FreeBSD 10.3 (i386-wine-devel: 32-bit wine-1.9.6 from ports).
Post edited July 09, 2016 by vanchann
Gydion: Can I bother you to include the AppDB link in your entry? I can't include it in the main posts anymore due to the post character limit.

While I'm bugging you, I would love it if you could create a separate post (yes, the forum software really helps here) for Saints Row - The Third and add it's own AppDB link.
Of course you can!
I hope the posts meet the requirements now.
vanchann: Saints Row 2
vanchann: Saints Row - The Third .
Just a shame it has linux builds elsewhere but not here :(
rampancy: I'll post a full report later, but I got both Homeworld classic games from the Remastered Edition working in Wineskin with 1.9.11 on OS X 10.11.5.
Just came across this. Here's my report thread over on the Homeworld Remastered board from a couple days ago. Same result (both classics, no Remastered) with a bit of an explanation.
Game: Homeworld 1 Classic (part of the Homeworld Remastered Edition collection)

Installer MD5s:
92075cc44693fd89cbed74bbb09b61f8 setup_homeworld_remastered_2.0.0.15-1.bin
0bcb74c6dcc6c83571bb27b00454d6b8 setup_homeworld_remastered_2.0.0.15-2.bin
be5fa788f67690383c74972776f7b950 setup_homeworld_remastered_2.0.0.15.exe

WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=393
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/homeworld

Distro: Mac OS X El Capitain 10.11.5
Kernel version: Darwin 15.4.0 (Build 15F34)
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce 320m / Intel HD 5000 Graphics
Graphics driver & version: OS Default
Wine version(s) tested: WINE 1.9.11 via Wineskin

Install notes: First, original tips for getting the CD retail release to run, involving registry edits in regedit to enable software/D3D rendering, don't seem to work since Gearbox has apparently removed the Direct3D and Software renderer from the game. (In the video options, only OpenGL is available.) The game's exe version is 1C.06.1, vs. 1.05 for the last CD retail release.

Resolution switching seems to work, despite bug and bug [url=https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=23714]23714. However, registry key edits are required for non-standard/widescreen resolutions (see below).

1. First, to get around the "Could not initialize renderer" error message on startup, run the game with the exe flags: "/noglddraw" (without the quotes). When the game runs, it goes to its default 640 x 480. Quit the game after it has first run successfully. If you are having problems running the game in fullscreen, add the exe flag "/window". You can also try setting ddr=gdi in Winetricks.

2. To enable non-standard/widescreen resolutions, go into regedit, and go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sierra On-Line\Homeworld\

Go to the keys:
screenDepth (make sure it is set to 32)
screenwidth and screenheight - set to your preferred resolution

(NB: Use of widescreen resolutions may cause UI/gameplay issues that may make the game unplayable. I haven't encountered these issues at 1366 x 768, but be warned.)

How well does it run: Almost perfectly (So far)
Details: Tested in fullscreen 1366 x 768, with Mac driver disabled. The game works flawlessly, but mods don't seem to work with this version of Homeworld. The Homeworld Splendor mod (with a custom patched EXE based on the 1.05 build) does work with the game, but switching resolutions/renderers doesn't work, limiting it to software 640 x 480.

It's also recommended to use the /triple and /enableSSE command line switches (see here for details: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?118703-Useful-Homeworld-Technical-Stuff).

Additional information for getting the game to run under WINE in OS X can be found here: https://www.gog.com/forum/homeworld_remastered_collection/homeworld_remastered_mac_compatibility_via_wine/page1

Special thanks to Gydion and xixas for their additional insights and comments on running this game in WINE (especially for additional troubleshooting tips and information on widescreen resolutions).
Post edited June 13, 2016 by rampancy
Game: Homeworld 2 Classic (part of the Homeworld Remastered Edition collection)

Installer MD5s:
92075cc44693fd89cbed74bbb09b61f8 setup_homeworld_remastered_2.0.0.15-1.bin
0bcb74c6dcc6c83571bb27b00454d6b8 setup_homeworld_remastered_2.0.0.15-2.bin
be5fa788f67690383c74972776f7b950 setup_homeworld_remastered_2.0.0.15.exe

WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=2616
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/homeworld-2

Install notes: No additional winetricks needed.

How well does it run: Almost perfectly (So far)
Details: Tested in fullscreen 1366 x 768, with Mac driver enabled. The game works almost flawlessly, with the exception of the graphics issues reported here -- this is apparently due to deprecated features removed from WINE itself. The game seems to fully support mods, just like in the original CD retail release; I've just installed Homeworld 2 v1.2 Modernized (1.2.18; aka the Community Patch), and the game fully works with it installed. I haven't tested other mods like PDS or Homeworld 2 Complex yet.

Additional information for getting the game to run under WINE in OS X can be found here: https://www.gog.com/forum/homeworld_remastered_collection/homeworld_remastered_mac_compatibility_via_wine/page1
dtgreene: How about Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight?
Game: Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight

Installer MD5s: 7846d33c391a777953a7e042a0478ca1 - setup_momodora_reverie_under_the_moonlight_2.1.0.3.exe

WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=17440
CodeWeavers link: n/a

Install notes: No additional winetricks needed.

How well does it run: Perfectly (So far)
Details: Tested in fullscreen 1366 x 768, with Mac driver enabled. The game works flawlessly so far; saving, loading, music/sound, and other functions of the game all work as expected.
Post edited June 12, 2016 by rampancy
Game: Super Time Force Ultra

Installer MD5s:
172f623dcdef897552d2def48150f626 - setup_super_time_force_ultra_2.0.0.1.exe
66e6e462913cf9dd7714fe15c7a301e5 - patch_super_time_force_ultra_2.0.1.2.exe

WineHQ AppDB link: n/a
CodeWeavers link: n/a

Install notes: Install msxml3 in winetricks *before* running the installer, so the requisite dependencies (vcrun2010) are installed successfully. Also make sure to run the 2.0.1.2 patch immediately after installation.

How well does it run: Perfectly (So far)
Details: Tested in fullscreen 1366 x 768, with Mac driver enabled. The game works flawlessly so far, however I haven't fully tested the gameplay yet.
rampancy: Game: Homeworld 1 Classic (part of the Homeworld Remastered Edition collection)
Due to bug and bug [url=https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=23714]23714, changing resolution is impossible without crashing (just as in the original CD release).
Strangely, I am able to change resolutions in Wine 1.9.12. Given the comment on the bug report I'm not sure why.

The .NET 4 installer surprisingly ran successfully in 1.9.12. Of course the classic versions don't use it. I still need to test moving the Classics to their own prefixes and seeing if they still run.
JudasIscariot: Game: Subterrain
How is this coming along?
Post edited June 13, 2016 by Gydion
rampancy: Game: Homeworld 1 Classic (part of the Homeworld Remastered Edition collection)
Due to bug and bug [url=https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=23714]23714, changing resolution is impossible without crashing (just as in the original CD release).

1. First, to get around the "Could not initialize renderer" error message on startup, run the game with the exe flags: "/safegl /waveout /noglddraw /noswddraw /nofastfe" (without the quotes)
A. Using Wine 1.9.11 (Wineskin, wrapper v2.6.2) on OS X 10.11.5 I didn't experience any inability to change resolutions. Changing resolutions is a bit easier to perform in windowed mode to avoid the Mac's resolution flickering (and then restart in fullscreen), but switching between all supplied resolutions—640x480, 800x600, and 1024x768, both 16 and 32 bit depths—worked for me from the main menu's Options > Video menu in fullscreen mode as well.

B. The only option I required to fix the "Could not initialize renderer" issue was "/noglddraw" (as noted by @adamhm). However, I'm currently using no options and enabling the software rendering via Wine instead (Winetricks: "ddr=gdi"). It's worked well so far (for the first couple hours of gameplay).

Do you happen to have a link to reference the exec options/effects?

rampancy: 2. To change the game's resolution/bit depth, go into regedit, and go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sierra On-Line\Homeworld\

Go to the keys:
screenDepth (make sure it is set to 32)
screenwidth and screenheight - set to your preferred resolution
C. As confirmed last year using the Steam release (see: 4. A small warning about custom resolutions), it should be noted that that changing the resolution beyond 1024x768 skews some features and breaks some others. For example, the MOVE command [M] is offset when used from within the Sensors Manager (from all directions toward screen center, higher resolution = larger central offset). And at a tested resolution of 1440x900 the bottom 100 or so pixels of the play screen becomes unclickable (which unfortunately breaks all of the menu buttons).

(used ABC instead of 123 to avoid confusion :)
Post edited June 13, 2016 by xixas
Gydion: Strangely, I am able to change resolutions in Wine 1.9.12. Given the comment on the bug report I'm not sure why.

The .NET 4 installer surprisingly ran successfully in 1.9.12. Of course the classic versions don't use it. I still need to test moving the Classics to their own prefixes and seeing if they still run.
JudasIscariot: Game: Subterrain
Gydion: How is this coming along?
Quite good actually :) With Wine 1.9.12 it's fully playable on Nvidia hardware and I've been playing the game for the last week once I got everything worked out.