It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

vulchor: I haven't seen proof of neg rep trolls doing that much damage on an otherwise long-term member in good standing. Then again, I hardly spend nearly as much time around here as I'd like to and as I used to.

I do too. The more the merrier for sure, when they're good members. I'm glad to see you still hanging around after the Insomnia tracker thread ;)
pimpmonkey2382: Some came in demanding games, others saying they don't want to play the other games they already were gifted in case more game codes get dropped in the ninja thread, etc.
I see what you're saying now. I've certainly seen an increase in the riff-raff too due to the insomnia sale. I expect things to calm back down soon enough. They've gotta get bored eventually, and with the way we stick together and self-police this place, we can't much fun to troll.
RetiredBard: I don't have it, and would appreciate it. I have the second but never played the first.
blarth: PM'd
Very generous Blarth, good on you. +1
Post edited May 17, 2014 by vulchor
low rated
pimpmonkey2382: Some came in demanding games, others saying they don't want to play the other games they already were gifted in case more game codes get dropped in the ninja thread, etc.
vulchor: I see what you're saying now. I've certainly seen an increase in the riff-raff too due to the insomnia sale. I expect things to calm back down soon enough. They've gotta get bored eventually, and with the way we stick together and self-police this place, we can't much fun to troll.
blarth: PM'd
vulchor: Very generous Blarth, good on you. +1
Indeed, I've asked for 1 game but also just gave 3 away a couple days ago.
vulchor: I see what you're saying now. I've certainly seen an increase in the riff-raff too due to the insomnia sale. I expect things to calm back down soon enough. They've gotta get bored eventually, and with the way we stick together and self-police this place, we can't much fun to troll.

Very generous Blarth, good on you. +1
pimpmonkey2382: Indeed, I've asked for 1 game but also just gave 3 away a couple days ago.
I hope more people will learn a thing or two from you and Blarth and we'll be alright.
low rated
pimpmonkey2382: Indeed, I've asked for 1 game but also just gave 3 away a couple days ago.
vulchor: I hope more people will learn a thing or two from you and Blarth and we'll be alright.
I think if you ask and get, you should also give when you can also. Even if it's something like a small indie game or something. At least it's something.
vulchor: I hope more people will learn a thing or two from you and Blarth and we'll be alright.
maybe not everybody has the money to make many gifts -- me included :p
Ungunbu: maybe not everybody has the money to make many gifts -- me included :p
Yes but you should at least give something if you receive something not just receive and that's it.
Ungunbu: maybe not everybody has the money to make many gifts -- me included :p
pimpmonkey2382: Yes but you should at least give something if you receive something not just receive and that's it.
yep i agree -- i gifted and received 2 games during the pomo :)
high rated
LesterKnight99: i would like syndicate plus, please.
PaterAlf: Totally don't want to offend you (and won't down-rep any of your posts), but did you ever ask yourself where your notorious low rep comes from? On the last three pages of this thread, you asked for Syndicate Plus seven times. Additionally you also asked for Grimm and System Shock 2. On the last two pages of the Non-GOG-Gifting thread, I can find you 11 times asking for games.

Just a few weeks ago, very generous members of the GOG community gifted you games for at least $50, because you won a dumb giveaway (dumb, because I think you shouldn't reward members for extreme low rep) and didn't get your "reward".

I never see you anywhere except in the gifting threads, the ninja thread or in several giveaways. Seems a little greedy to me. How about giving something instead once in a while? Or participating in the community to get your rep up (not talking about reaching positive rep, but maybe at least -100)?

Again, don't want to offend you, but maybe it's something you should think about.
I don't see how it is offensive at all to call out someone who does nothing but take advantage of the generosity of this community.

His quoted post history says volumes about why he is here, whether he is "playing" the social game in order to get more. Fuck rep, bring in a proper post history so those who do not know how to search and uncover this leeching do not continue to do so.
PaterAlf: Totally don't want to offend you (and won't down-rep any of your posts), but did you ever ask yourself where your notorious low rep comes from? On the last three pages of this thread, you asked for Syndicate Plus seven times. Additionally you also asked for Grimm and System Shock 2. On the last two pages of the Non-GOG-Gifting thread, I can find you 11 times asking for games.

Just a few weeks ago, very generous members of the GOG community gifted you games for at least $50, because you won a dumb giveaway (dumb, because I think you shouldn't reward members for extreme low rep) and didn't get your "reward".

I never see you anywhere except in the gifting threads, the ninja thread or in several giveaways. Seems a little greedy to me. How about giving something instead once in a while? Or participating in the community to get your rep up (not talking about reaching positive rep, but maybe at least -100)?

Again, don't want to offend you, but maybe it's something you should think about.
Tarnicus: I don't see how it is offensive at all to call out someone who does nothing but take advantage of the generosity of this community.

His quoted post history says volumes about why he is here, whether he is "playing" the social game in order to get more. Fuck rep, bring in a proper post history so those who do not know how to search and uncover this leeching do not continue to do so.
wow yours is a true crusade :)
high rated
pimpmonkey2382: Yes but you should at least give something if you receive something not just receive and that's it.
Ungunbu: yep i agree -- i gifted and received 2 games during the pomo :)
Who did you gift and can anyone who has been in this community verify that? Because your post history stinks of leeching as well http://www.gog.com/forum/general/?search=Ungunbu

So you got one gift from me during the promo and only ONE other? Really...
Ungunbu: wow yours is a true crusade :)
Yes and you hit the shit list very early on, but thanks for playing the forum Dick game with me. Playing Dick has always been one of my favourite past-times :P
Post edited May 17, 2014 by Tarnicus
Ungunbu: yep i agree -- i gifted and received 2 games during the pomo :)
Tarnicus: Who did you gift and can anyone who has been in this community verify that? Because your post history stinks of leeching as well http://www.gog.com/forum/general/?search=Ungunbu

So you got one gift from me during the promo and only ONE other? Really...
Ungunbu: wow yours is a true crusade :)
Tarnicus: Yes and you hit the shit list very early on, but thanks for playing the forum Dick game with me. Playing Dick has always been one of my favourite past-times :P
ehm -- could you explain what "playing Dick" means
Ungunbu: ehm -- could you explain what "playing Dick" means
Sure I give scoldings and English lessons at a discount if you combine the two :P

Dick is slang for detective :)

You don't think it seems a little "strange" your post history there, managing to continually ask for and get games in all the major promo sales and gifting/ninja threads? You have a smart phone and were able to purchase Aarklash(and another game since you could buy 2) according to your own words and yet cannot afford in the past 6 months of your poaching here to gift others except the two freebies that were gifted to...?
PM'd you, blarth. Enjoy.

Time Commando claimed. Still have Alan Wake's American Nightmare if anyone wants it.
RetiredBard: PM'd you, blarth. Enjoy.

Time Commando claimed. Still have Alan Wake's American Nightmare if anyone wants it.
Thank you.
Tarnicus: His quoted post history says volumes about why he is here, whether he is "playing" the social game in order to get more. Fuck rep, bring in a proper post history so those who do not know how to search and uncover this leeching do not continue to do so.
Somewhat agree with you but if some can't be bothered to look to the left of the person asking for a game and see the rep number and try to figure out why that is, why would they spend more time going thru a (proper or not) post history of those same people to discover leeching?
I look at post history on occasion too but there are times when the same person gets 2-3 games in a row or a handful of games over consecutive days and/or on the same page and nobody still declines them if they are the first to reply. Some people grab the entirety of some of DampSquibs drops and still don't appear to leave the ninja thread to play any of those games. Wouldn't that be the very easiest to spot w/o even having to go into a post history?

There's a lot of ways gifters can check but uptil now, it really hasn't been happening. But very glad to see some eyes are opening up finally.
Post edited May 18, 2014 by teshra