It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Novotnus: (sidenote: I actually planned to make a simple game and call it 'Nothing', but I'm too lazy to get it started :))
Nothing came of it, eh?

I'm imagining a game where all the significant stuff occurs in the negative space around the game elements.
IAmSinistar: I'm imagining a game where all the significant stuff occurs in the negative space around the game elements.
That could possibly work, though I wouldn't have it on the negative space but off screen. Let's say the simplest of simples, a farm simulator. You plant the crops in the field. If you stay in the field, crops won't grow. If you go to the animal barn though, the crops will grow, ripen, and eventually rot. While you are at the animal barn though, no animal activity will occur there. Once you leave, the animals will need their food, water, may break things, foxes may attack the hens etc. But you don't get any notification about it, you need to visit the screens to see what (if anything) has happened.
JMich: That could possibly work, though I wouldn't have it on the negative space but off screen. Let's say the simplest of simples, a farm simulator. You plant the crops in the field. If you stay in the field, crops won't grow. If you go to the animal barn though, the crops will grow, ripen, and eventually rot. While you are at the animal barn though, no animal activity will occur there. Once you leave, the animals will need their food, water, may break things, foxes may attack the hens etc. But you don't get any notification about it, you need to visit the screens to see what (if anything) has happened.
That's certainly a workable concept, and if done properly would make for a fun game. Elements along those lines do exist in games as old as Infocom's Suspended, where events will happen around the complex whether you have stationed a robot to observe it or not.

Your proposal could also make for a good haunted house/mystery game, where you are trying to foil an unknown presence that only operates in rooms you aren't in. Thus you would always be looking around for the aftermath of its actions, trying to piece those together into a solution as to what is really going on.
IAmSinistar: Your proposal could also make for a good haunted house/mystery game, where you are trying to foil an unknown presence that only operates in rooms you aren't in.
Add a touch of Mario's ghosts and/or Weeping Angels, and you are set. Now to look for coders.
If anyone anyone is feeling particularly generous, I would absolutely love a copy of Risk of Rain while it is on sale, please and thank you in advance :). As always, I hope everyone is having a wonderful day and I wish a fantastic week to all my fellow forum members. :)
For wishful thinking I'll wish for The Banner Saga - just to stick it to King.com
I saw that <span class="bold">Nothing</span> is in progress. I'd really, really want it :)
Actually just dropped by to +1 the gifters :)
JMich: That could possibly work, though I wouldn't have it on the negative space but off screen. Let's say the simplest of simples, a farm simulator. You plant the crops in the field. If you stay in the field, crops won't grow. If you go to the animal barn though, the crops will grow, ripen, and eventually rot. While you are at the animal barn though, no animal activity will occur there. Once you leave, the animals will need their food, water, may break things, foxes may attack the hens etc. But you don't get any notification about it, you need to visit the screens to see what (if anything) has happened.
IAmSinistar: That's certainly a workable concept, and if done properly would make for a fun game. Elements along those lines do exist in games as old as Infocom's Suspended, where events will happen around the complex whether you have stationed a robot to observe it or not.

Your proposal could also make for a good haunted house/mystery game, where you are trying to foil an unknown presence that only operates in rooms you aren't in. Thus you would always be looking around for the aftermath of its actions, trying to piece those together into a solution as to what is really going on.
Running back and forth the only thing that popped into my head was the Benny Hill chase music :D.
IAmSinistar: That's certainly a workable concept, and if done properly would make for a fun game. Elements along those lines do exist in games as old as Infocom's Suspended, where events will happen around the complex whether you have stationed a robot to observe it or not.

gbaz69: Running back and forth the only thing that popped into my head was the Benny Hill chase music :D.
I love derailing threads. :D
Benny Hill Street Blues
I don't suppose anyone would want to gift Alpha Centauri or Defender's Quest to me?
I'd love Master of Orion 1+2 or any other really old games.
nvm, already got it
Post edited February 10, 2014 by HenitoKisou
I know this is probably a long shot, but would anybody be OK with buying me the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, while it's on such a big discount? I'm bang out of money right now, and probably won't be getting anymore until maybe my birthday (late march).

If you want, I could probably Paypal the money using a pre-paid card (yes they work online here) when I get enough.
just had my birthday yay me. was the worse one in my life actually because of bronchitis. any ways really short on cash. and i know you guys have no reason to believe me. i did not get any thing for my birthday as i am really broke and so is the family right now. i am sorry to bother you guys. i dont like being the one to ask for something.

but thank you for taking the time to read this.

i know the spelling and grammer is bad. im half a sleep right now.

any ways any chance some would could gift me gothic 2? the gold edtion

thanks guys
Post edited February 06, 2014 by rainkeeper777
*accidently posted it in the wrong thread*
Post edited February 07, 2014 by Braussie