It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Shadowstalker16: 100% of Hindus offended by latest Dragon Ball episode : https://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-super-ganesh/
Klumpen0815: Isn't Ganesh one of the most peaceful and chilled gods around?
How does he fit into Dragonball?
In reality, he is not a god of destruction, but the god of beginnings / new endeavors. But the gods of destruction in the anime aren't purely destructive either, as in they aren't evil / malevolent. Even then, the guy is saying that inappropriate (mercantile) usage of deities or concepts hurts the devotees, which is a double standard considering there have been kids' movies and cartoons where Hindu gods are characters and many series of literary works with non canon interpretations of Hindu epics, and ofc no religion is reserved from being artistically interpreted, especially in the USA where this guy's organization operates. DBS is still worse than DBZ but I hope it doesn't get cucked.
Shadowstalker16: 100% of Hindus offended by latest Dragon Ball episode : https://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-super-ganesh/

Its the same guy from the Overwatch triggering and SMITE triggering before it, as well as others. He still talks as if he talks on behalf all Hindus, and his organization is based in the USA and its members are tied with various Hindu nationalist groups in India.
That guy is basically a religious fanatic. SMITE's depiction of hindu mythology is actually rather accurate, and Overwatch makes reference to all cultures in one way or another.
Klumpen0815: Isn't Ganesh one of the most peaceful and chilled gods around?
How does he fit into Dragonball?
Shadowstalker16: In reality, he is not a god of destruction, but the god of beginnings / new endeavors. But the gods of destruction in the anime aren't purely destructive either, as in they aren't evil / malevolent. Even then, the guy is saying that inappropriate (mercantile) usage of deities or concepts hurts the devotees, which is a double standard considering there have been kids' movies and cartoons where Hindu gods are characters and many series of literary works with non canon interpretations of Hindu epics, and ofc no religion is reserved from being artistically interpreted, especially in the USA where this guy's organization operates. DBS is still worse than DBZ but I hope it doesn't get cucked.
Wasn't Ganesh also a destroyer of obstacles? Basically a god that got rid of things that obstruct one's progress. Or was that another deity?
Post edited February 12, 2017 by LeonardoCornejo

Its the same guy from the Overwatch triggering and SMITE triggering before it, as well as others. He still talks as if he talks on behalf all Hindus, and his organization is based in the USA and its members are tied with various Hindu nationalist groups in India.
LeonardoCornejo: That guy is basically a religious fanatic. SMITE's depiction of hindu mythology is actually rather accurate, and Overwatch makes reference to all cultures in one way or another.
Shadowstalker16: In reality, he is not a god of destruction, but the god of beginnings / new endeavors. But the gods of destruction in the anime aren't purely destructive either, as in they aren't evil / malevolent. Even then, the guy is saying that inappropriate (mercantile) usage of deities or concepts hurts the devotees, which is a double standard considering there have been kids' movies and cartoons where Hindu gods are characters and many series of literary works with non canon interpretations of Hindu epics, and ofc no religion is reserved from being artistically interpreted, especially in the USA where this guy's organization operates. DBS is still worse than DBZ but I hope it doesn't get cucked.
LeonardoCornejo: Wasn't Ganesh also a destroyer of obstacles? Basically a god that got rid of things that obstruct one's progress. Or was that another deity?
He's not a god of destruction as shown in the anime. He isn't really the destroying type as much as helping to overcome type. But I doubt whether he'd be happy at an accurate representation either, since anything that he sees as offensive he rails against, and giving ground to such people will never end well.
LeonardoCornejo: That guy is basically a religious fanatic. SMITE's depiction of hindu mythology is actually rather accurate, and Overwatch makes reference to all cultures in one way or another.

Wasn't Ganesh also a destroyer of obstacles? Basically a god that got rid of things that obstruct one's progress. Or was that another deity?
Shadowstalker16: He's not a god of destruction as shown in the anime. He isn't really the destroying type as much as helping to overcome type. But I doubt whether he'd be happy at an accurate representation either, since anything that he sees as offensive he rails against, and giving ground to such people will never end well.
The core problem with identity politics is that a bunch of idiots who are a minority among their people speak on behalf of all and tarnish the reputation of their communities, making people believe those communities are full of idiots. And since governments and organizations listen to those idiots, they basically allow them to speak on behalf of a whole community.
Shadowstalker16: He's not a god of destruction as shown in the anime. He isn't really the destroying type as much as helping to overcome type. But I doubt whether he'd be happy at an accurate representation either, since anything that he sees as offensive he rails against, and giving ground to such people will never end well.
LeonardoCornejo: The core problem with identity politics is that a bunch of idiots who are a minority among their people speak on behalf of all and tarnish the reputation of their communities, making people believe those communities are full of idiots. And since governments and organizations listen to those idiots, they basically allow them to speak on behalf of a whole community.
Or white people trying to score social points by "Defending" some wronged minority.

It happened during that Siege of Dragonspear mess. I saw quite a few trans people begging the lead writer to just stop.

"You have started a fire around us so you can put on a fireman's outfit to defend us. But you are oblivious to the fact that your hose is spraying gasoline". I remember that quote distinctly. The person was accused of not being trans, of course. By non trans people.
Stig79: Science is racist....That is a different level of dumb.
I can see where they're coming from. Those who are technologically undeveloped are at the mercy of those who are technologically advanced.

But I don't see Afro-centrism taking them to the promised land.
Stig79: Science is racist....That is a different level of dumb.
richlind33: I can see where they're coming from. Those who are technologically undeveloped are at the mercy of those who are technologically advanced.

Where blacks want to go is their problem not ours.
LeonardoCornejo: The core problem with identity politics is that a bunch of idiots who are a minority among their people speak on behalf of all and tarnish the reputation of their communities, making people believe those communities are full of idiots. And since governments and organizations listen to those idiots, they basically allow them to speak on behalf of a whole community.
Governments and Organizations rely on those idiots.
Post edited February 14, 2017 by Dismember77777
richlind33: I can see where they're coming from. Those who are technologically undeveloped are at the mercy of those who are technologically advanced.

Dismember77777: Where blacks want to go is their problem not ours.
The problem with that mentality is that societies -- much like a chain -- are only as strong as their weakest link.
Dismember77777: Where blacks want to go is their problem not ours.
richlind33: The problem with that mentality is that societies -- much like a chain -- are only as strong as their weakest link.
That is exactly the harm identitarian movements cause. They actually harm those they represent.
richlind33: The problem with that mentality is that societies -- much like a chain -- are only as strong as their weakest link.
LeonardoCornejo: That is exactly the harm identitarian movements cause. They actually harm those they represent.
It's a great way of keeping people divided and weak, and easily exploitable.
LeonardoCornejo: That is exactly the harm identitarian movements cause. They actually harm those they represent.
richlind33: It's a great way of keeping people divided and weak, and easily exploitable.
Another reason to stop them and a motivation for the movement in opposition to SJWs. We must put an end to identity politics for they are a tool of deception.
richlind33: It's a great way of keeping people divided and weak, and easily exploitable.
LeonardoCornejo: Another reason to stop them and a motivation for the movement in opposition to SJWs. We must put an end to identity politics for they are a tool of deception.
The only way to "stop" it is to find ways of bringing people together.
LeonardoCornejo: Another reason to stop them and a motivation for the movement in opposition to SJWs. We must put an end to identity politics for they are a tool of deception.
richlind33: The only way to "stop" it is to find ways of bringing people together.
Ideally not by focusing on some mutual enemy...
richlind33: The only way to "stop" it is to find ways of bringing people together.
Klumpen0815: Ideally not by focusing on some mutual enemy...
If by "enemy" you mean scapegoat, I agree; to my mind, however, there is a common enemy, actively engaged in crimes against humanity. But I think the key to bringing people together is to stop focusing on our differences and instead focus on that which we have in common, which greatly overshadows our differences.
richlind33: But I think the key to bringing people together is to stop focusing on our differences and instead focus on that which we have in common, which greatly overshadows our differences.
I totally agree, but that is opposed by the zealots of "Identity Politics" . Case in point: Choosing to see a person as human first & foremost IE "colorblind" is often seen as "racist" when that seems to me at least was the "dream" that MLK had.