It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
real.geizterfahr: Pah, let em hoard all the toilet paper they want. I'm out collecting a crapload of bottle caps!
That's all well and good until the sequel(earth 2) when they become worthless. ;)

real.geizterfahr: Nah, honestly, I don't get that toilet paper thing either. Yesterday (the day people here decided to start hoarding) I saw an old couple in the supermarket, with four packs of toilet paper in their cart (and nothing else!). That's 48 rolls! I never really counted how much toilet paper I need, but I'm pretty sure one roll lasts for about three weeks. So... 48 rolls would be enough for me to have a clean butthole for two and a half years oO
One roll lasts 3 weeks? What, are you alone and use 1 square per bathroom break? o.0

Not to sound rude btw with that...it's just that over here we go through a roll(cheap stuff) every 3 DAYS or so.

real.geizterfahr: ps. A friend of me was out of toilet paper and wanted to buy some yesterday. He's wiping his butt wth paper towels now *lol*
Sell him some in exchange for it's weight in gold. *evil smile*

(No, don't do that....I was just joking :))

=======================================

timppu: On the bright side, I haven't seen any sign of hoarding of food or toilet paper in supermarkets etc. We are out of hand disinfectants and mouth masks, but there's plenty of everything else, even toilet paper. I guess it helps Finland produces a lot of toiler paper itself.
Lucky buggers ;D
Post edited March 12, 2020 by GameRager
Well, in my part of the world people have started hoarding despite being told that we have plenty of food and daily products IF everyone just behave like normal but ofc. the Corona Clowns are out in force now. Last night some people got in a fight in a store in my city and in another mega store the police had to shut down the store so it would not be emptied...

At least the police now got "Unlimited powah!!!!" sort of. New laws were passed today so the police and health care can act with force like they do in China. Don't think that will happen except for maybe they have to pounce on some of these hoarding clowns that ruins it for everyone.
Post edited March 12, 2020 by maul_inc
People who are hoarding toilet paper are way too literal with shit hitting the fan.
Post edited March 12, 2020 by user deleted
Just read a remark that hackers have been adding malware to some of the online tracker programs people are using.

The worldometer site still seems fine (https and mostly text database updates), but the Johns Hopkins site currently seems to offer no data. So if using Windows (that most hacks will be targetting) be careful what you are downloading viewing around the covid-19 outbreak.
DadJoke007: People who are hoarding toilet paper are way too literal with shit hitting the fan.
Speak for yourself; I hoarded toilet paper like a mad-man today, hitting and pushing away anything bi-pedal just for 8 + 8 rolls. I'm gonna enjoy every single bit of these First Price rolls no matter how fubar the situation is going to get...

Seriously, at least it isn't like Black Friday in America where people are hitting and pushing people just to get that TV ;)
Gee, since we're talking about updates.... HK had hoarding of toilet paper for about 3 weeks but everything seems normal now. 130 cases, I think thats up by 20 since a week ago. Some new cases imported from India. Also a lot of online scams, like ebay or amazon but probably via some local website and I can't read Chinese.

President Xi went to Wuhan and they shut down 16 temporary hospitals. Guess people recovered from it. I guess vulnerable people should worry but otherwise its just like any other respiratory illness.

I'd recommend carrot juice, liver and egg yolk. Vitamin A gets depleted, somehow involved in the biosynthesis of IgA, immunoglobulin A which is present in mucus, epithelial surfaces (skin, lungs, guts) where this infection tends to infect. I think I recall reading that measles kills if you have a deficiency in A which shouldn't bother most people but best to take some carrot juice.

And this never comes up in social media. Vit C is used to convert proline into hydroxyproline. Not sure what hydroxyproline does, maybe I'll get around to figuring that one out.
maul_inc: At least the police now got "Unlimited powah!!!!" sort of.
And with more power comes more abuse?

I'm not worried. Not even if the national guard gets placed around to handle those few that can't act civil in a crisis like this. Only problem is that we're literally boxed in since many local councils are closing the roads now.

I'm glad we at least have forest in every directions if it gets too cramped sitting home gaming like a teenager again...
maul_inc: Well, in my part of the world people have started hoarding despite being told that we have plenty of food and daily products IF everyone just behave like normal but ofc. the Corona Clowns are out in force now. Last night some people got in a fight in a store in my city and in another mega store the police had to shut down the store so it would not be emptied...
And here I thought that Denmark are the calm-and-collected people. But it goes to show that many modern governments are seriously inept in being upfront regarding any inconvinient truths. People can shit on China as much as they like but at least they seem to get covid under control now in a very efficient way. Once this is over, people should demand at least some sort of reparation from China. For instance, free or cheaper vaccinations to "fix" the problem.

Right now econonmy is tanking pretty hardly worldwide and I'm fairly certain that this will cause a different sort of problem if this keeps on, if you guys get what I mean.

On a lighter note, be glad that we are nerds and don't go outside as much :P.
kharille: Gee, since we're talking about updates.... HK had hoarding of toilet paper for about 3 weeks but everything seems normal now. 130 cases, I think thats up by 20 since a week ago. Some new cases imported from India. Also a lot of online scams, like ebay or amazon but probably via some local website and I can't read Chinese.

President Xi went to Wuhan and they shut down 16 temporary hospitals. Guess people recovered from it. I guess vulnerable people should worry but otherwise its just like any other respiratory illness.

I'd recommend carrot juice, liver and egg yolk. Vitamin A gets depleted, somehow involved in the biosynthesis of IgA, immunoglobulin A which is present in mucus, epithelial surfaces (skin, lungs, guts) where this infection tends to infect. I think I recall reading that measles kills if you have a deficiency in A which shouldn't bother most people but best to take some carrot juice.

And this never comes up in social media. Vit C is used to convert proline into hydroxyproline. Not sure what hydroxyproline does, maybe I'll get around to figuring that one out.
Great info.

Also, don't forget to take your beta-carotene/vitamin A with fat since it's fat-soluble. Vitamin A is toxic if you eat too much of it, but beta-carotene whice gets converted to vitamin A is next to impossible to overdose. So don't overdo it with liver and other vitamin A dense stuff, go for carrot juice or beta-carotene tablets accompanied by fat to be on the safe side if you decide to do something about your natural supply.
Post edited March 12, 2020 by user deleted
kharille: President Xi went to Wuhan and they shut down 16 temporary hospitals. Guess people recovered from it.
I'm not surprised as Winnie the poo is known for illogical decisions and a rigid class system. And we all know who kept quiet a long time, and supported certain markets, while the infection rate rose.

Now there is a potential for power abuse in quarantined villages...

kharille: Vit C is used to convert proline into hydroxyproline. Not sure what hydroxyproline does, maybe I'll get around to figuring that one out.
That is interesting. Didn't know that, thanks!
Post edited March 12, 2020 by sanscript
low rated
There goes the NHL season.

I still feel this is much ado about very little.

If you're old and feeble and sick, stay home. Everybody else wash your hands. Why are we canceling the entire world?
maul_inc: Well, in my part of the world people have started hoarding despite being told that we have plenty of food and daily products IF everyone just behave like normal but ofc. the Corona Clowns are out in force now. Last night some people got in a fight in a store in my city and in another mega store the police had to shut down the store so it would not be emptied...
Dray2k: And here I thought that Denmark are the calm-and-collected people. But it goes to show that many modern governments are seriously inept in being upfront regarding any inconvinient truths. People can shit on China as much as they like but at least they seem to get covid under control now in a very efficient way. Once this is over, people should demand at least some sort of reparation from China. For instance, free or cheaper vaccinations to "fix" the problem.

Right now econonmy is tanking pretty hardly worldwide and I'm fairly certain that this will cause a different sort of problem if this keeps on, if you guys get what I mean.

On a lighter note, be glad that we are nerds and don't go outside as much :P.
Yes I hope that us "Man Cavers" will prevail! :D
yogsloth: Why are we canceling the entire world?
When we have idiots that first gets confirmed they have the virus and gets told by the doctor to stay in quarantined, and then still go to a ski-resort... that's why we need to close most of the world :)

(Apparently, that man was Norwegian...)
low rated
Dray2k: Right now econonmy is tanking pretty hardly worldwide and I'm fairly certain that this will cause a different sort of problem if this keeps on, if you guys get what I mean.
This is one of the major reasons so many of us were disappointed that a majority of the public -- until very recently -- saw this as a "nothing" event. Emergency Managers know the potential ramifications that are far beyond disease.

Let's hope that this pandemic is quickly dealt with and things don't go that far.

(It would seem since this post has become low rated that some wish to discount how disease and economics interplay with politics. A good primer would probably be reading GUNS, GERMS, AND STEEL. The sad fact is that if this pandemic is long-term, a global depression could easily precipitate things that are much worse.)
Post edited March 13, 2020 by kai2
timppu: please try to avoid making unnecessary flights abroad (LOL!)" etc.
Why "LOL"? Some people are still asked to travel by airplane for professional reasons.

I've just got asked to work from home - You do realize that that's impossible for many other jobs?