It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ssling: Was the same shenanigan possible with previous giveaways though? I never noticed. Because Syberia keys were clearly obtained through exploit which was not meant to work in first place.
GamezRanker: What I meant was, I hope GOG won't be doing too many of these sorts of "bundled giveaways" in the future(in this case Syberia bundle instead of Syberia 1 and 2 separately), which keep people from getting keys (to hand out here or elsewhere) if they already own the game(s) being given away.
And what I meant was that people were getting keys anyway by using exploit on news site. If this was not limited
I can imagine people taking keys in bulks for sell. Was such thing always possible?
GamezRanker: I have a hunch that they look similar to pic related
Yes, it was when an evil warlock was using The Two Oracles to track him. The Two Oracles can see anyone's past, present and future as long as they can utter the name. The wizard had divided his name with the Forbidden Symbol which makes him invisible to The Two Oracles. However, the garlic farmer also uses The Two Oracles to make sure those who enter Honeywood are at least level 2. You need to complete level 1 to enter and the wizard's quest was to get the powerful spell book, Magnum Opus.

Luckily the matter was solved but while this was going a magical pirate frog had snatched the spell book right under everyone's noses. It was then when the magical pirate frog created a Wish spell scroll and gave it to the wizard and all was well in the town of Honeywood.
GamezRanker: What I meant was, I hope GOG won't be doing too many of these sorts of "bundled giveaways" in the future(in this case Syberia bundle instead of Syberia 1 and 2 separately), which keep people from getting keys (to hand out here or elsewhere) if they already own the game(s) being given away.
ssling: And what I meant was that people were getting keys anyway by using exploit on news site. If this was not limited
I can imagine people taking keys in bulks for sell. Was such thing always possible?
So far it wasn't needed, since those who already had a game that was being given away would get a key. For quite some time those keys had no expiration date either, then they introduced expiration dates and made the deadline short, so they had to be redeemed shortly after the giveaway, and also canceled old keys obtained from freebies that hadn't yet been used, and now they did it like this, so those who already had one or both the games didn't get a key at all except by that trick.
low rated
ssling: If this was not limited I can imagine people taking keys in bulks for sell.
Afaik, one could only get one key for the bundle.....even with said exploit...so I don't think others would've been hoarding massive piles of keys due to such things.

The point being, GOG/IP holders used to do us all a solid and gave gog users a free key to give to someone else if said gog users owned the game being given away already. Now it seems they've changed that(at least for that one giveaway), and I am hoping that won't become a trend.

-

frogthroat: The Two Oracles can see anyone's past, present and future as long as they can utter the name.
So like with summoning, then? ;)
(i.e. some can summon a being with Magik if they know the being's name)

(also this was fun to read.....thanks for making me smile yet again with your splendid posting style)
Post edited July 20, 2021 by GamezRanker
GamezRanker: So like with summoning, then? ;)
(i.e. some can summon a being with Magik if they know the being's name)
The Two Oracles, Googanta the Giant and Bingano the Fae don't need to summon you. Merely uttering your name to them makes them able to know everything about you.
low rated
frogthroat: Merely uttering your name to them makes them able to know everything about you.
Which one? I have been called by many names on these fora o'er the past few years. :)
Can I ask for Wildfire?
high rated
v1989: Can I ask for Wildfire?
Granted.
v1989: Can I ask for Wildfire?
finkleroy: Granted.
I want to thank finkleroy for the giveaway and Doc0075 for the dotation.
Thank you guys.
high rated
frogthroat: ... Both adventurers entered the game around the same time. A lawful good wizard and a chaotic evil rogue.

The wizard rolled 8 but with the buffs and a bard's song with +1 to inspiration he made the garlic farmer's charisma check and gained the trust of Honeywood.

,,, the rogue used an extra action to attack the garlic farmer, who transformed into a dragon and one hit killed the level 1 rogue.

Rogue didn't play after session 0, but hopefully the wizard plays many more sessions.
Bravo! *clap*

frogthroat: Luckily the matter was solved but while this was going a magical pirate frog had snatched the spell book right under everyone's noses. It was then when the magical pirate frog created a Wish spell scroll and gave it to the wizard and all was well in the town of Honeywood.
Blimey, Matey, Ye be havin' a tongue o' honey yerself, methinks. Argh, and fine work on that scroll after snatching yon treasure. ;) Fair seas to ye, and may ye never find yerself in a wizard's stew.
vgezer: Can I request Door Kickers + Door Kickers: Action Squad if not taken?
finkleroy:
Thank you Doc0075 for the game. Was on waitlist for a long time!
may I get

- MOTHERGUNSHIP + MOTHERGUNSHIP OST (DLC)

?

:) Thanks :)
high rated
ethailia: may I get

- MOTHERGUNSHIP + MOTHERGUNSHIP OST (DLC)

?

:) Thanks :)
The forum search function and Google are both terrible ways to tell how much recent activity you have on the forum, but unfortunately they're the only tools I have at my disposal. According to them, you seem to be new here, so you don't really qualify for the giveaway yet. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the forum and make some meaningful posts and/or tell some jokes here and there in threads that aren't specifically for game giveaways, and before you know it you'll be eligible. Please familiarize yourself with the rules of this giveaway, which are located in the first post of this thread. In the meantime, someone in the community gifting thread might be able to help you out. The only way to fast-track the qualification process is to donate some keys. I'm just trying to make sure you're not only on the forum to get free games. Donating isn't mandatory, but it's a good indication that you're not just here for free games.
low rated
new here ? 8 years is = new for you ? I have even donated keys granted only 1 here rest are to the ninjas . nevermind , Ill go back to the ninjas ... makiing and solving key puzzles is kinda fun..... have a great day.
high rated
ethailia: new here ? 8 years is = new for you ? I have even donated keys granted only 1 here rest are to the ninjas . nevermind , Ill go back to the ninjas ... makiing and solving key puzzles is kinda fun..... have a great day.
By here, I mean the fora. You need to be an active member of the GOG forum to be eligible for the giveaways. Your donation of a free game is appreciated, but doesn't really prove you're not only on these fora for free games.