It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cavalary: The ToS doesn't say anything about multiple accounts from what I can see. tomyam80 found that it's forbidden on the forum, but multiple accounts when one doesn't post on the forum wouldn't be covered by that.

As for rule 16, I'd go with anything. Of course, only very minor donor so doesn't count for much. For simplicity, would also lean most towards making it clear that the game must be redeemed on the account that asks (or is nominated) for it, no exceptions. But can see some point in some arguments for all other 3 options too (a single designated alt account for those who use it, donor choice whether it must be redeemed by the account that asks or is nominated or not necessarily, or zeo's way of allowing even some cases of one using up their game of the month to ask for it to be sent to another). Give me a single-choice poll and I'd vote for that simple option, but ask what I'd be ok with and I'd say any.
May i know where u c the ToS? Personally wat i read simply means no other account other than ur own (on the forum or not) & regardless of whether 1 uses the other account/s in the forum but that's just my interpretation.
tomyam80: May i know where u c the ToS? Personally wat i read simply means no other account other than ur own (on the forum or not) & regardless of whether 1 uses the other account/s in the forum but that's just my interpretation.
ToS
Accounts FAQ
gogtrial34987: Is the alt-account-for-privacy case something we've actually encountered in the wild
Uhhuh.
Post edited September 12, 2019 by Cavalary
I think this bit in #16 sums it up nicely:

I think it's only fair that donors know that the keys they're donating are going directly to the people who are requesting them
The purpose of this giveaway is to know that the keys you donate go to a trusted member of the community. In the extremely remote case that someone has a secret account (or has any other special situation not entirely covered by the rules) then that person should be able to explain it with transparency to finkleroy, who as the keeper of the giveaway will have the last word.
Post edited September 12, 2019 by ConsulCaesar
I'm with the folks that consider the "same-account game activation" rule is the most fair for everybody, especially for finkleroy and the donors. This is all voluntary work. No need for extra lists keeping track of who is who, back and forth chats with the donors if they are okay donating to alt-accounts or not. Time is a limited resource.
gogtrial34987: Is the alt-account-for-privacy case something we've actually encountered in the wild
Cavalary: Uhhuh.
With the "we" bit, I meant here, for this giveaway. I have no doubt people exist who have multiple accounts for different purposes, but has anyone ever requested a game for the purpose of redeeming it with their alt-account? That'd still "leak" the existence of that alt-account (tied to someone who's active enough on the forum to qualify for the giveaway), which'd kinda defeat the purpose of having a secret alt account.
gogtrial34987: With the "we" bit, I meant here, for this giveaway. I have no doubt people exist who have multiple accounts for different purposes, but has anyone ever requested a game for the purpose of redeeming it with their alt-account? That'd still "leak" the existence of that alt-account (tied to someone who's active enough on the forum to qualify for the giveaway), which'd kinda defeat the purpose of having a secret alt account.
To my knowledge, this has only been done by one user. I'm starting to think the best course of action is to change the rule to say that the keys must be redeemed by the account that requested them, and then grandfather in this one user. What does everyone think of that?
Is Avernum Escape from the Pit still available?
Korotan: Is Avernum Escape from the Pit still available?
Not anymore, it's not, because it's just been...
Granted.
Korotan: Is Avernum Escape from the Pit still available?
finkleroy: Not anymore, it's not, because it's just been...
Granted.
Wow thank you very much. I am looking forward to see what epic fantasy world they have created. But this have to wait for tomorrow because today Internet is to slow for activation.
Anyway thank you Aramandur for donating it.
finkleroy: To my knowledge, this has only been done by one user. I'm starting to think the best course of action is to change the rule to say that the keys must be redeemed by the account that requested them, and then grandfather in this one user. What does everyone think of that?
What would the alternative be here anyway? I'm not going to leap off the speculation ledge and say that the user you're referring to did any of this to pull a fast one on anyone involved but certainly there's room enough for users out there who would take advantage of this and are just hoping that the people donating the keys don't check their purchase history to see if accounts the games redeemed to match up accordingly. Even if you were to publicly out this user (and subsequent users like it), it wouldn't stop them or anyone else from just creating new accounts and pulling the same crap all over again.
finkleroy: Granted.
Thank you, finkleroy for this classic (and Aramandur for donating Pirates!).
finkleroy: What does everyone think of that?
I believe that would be alright. No need to overcomplicate things with exceptions that might not even happen and that not everybody agrees with. If we have to cross that bridge at some point, then we can always discuss it. Not being able to redeem a free game in a secondary account falls into first world problems territory and I wouldn't give it too much thought.
Post edited September 13, 2019 by ConsulCaesar
btw - I remember old giveaway having a thing called "anonymous donors". E.g if you want to donate something, but dont wanna have your nick in list of donors, or mentioned after gift was received. Is it still a thing there?
Gekko_Dekko: btw - I remember old giveaway having a thing called "anonymous donors". E.g if you want to donate something, but dont wanna have your nick in list of donors, or mentioned after gift was received. Is it still a thing there?
See rule 5.
I edited rule #16.