It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: The game itself is fun but the port is really terrible.
The game has problems with cutscenes whenever you go over 30fps (which is not possible with the vanilla GOG version btw), the controls are terrible, caching is a big problem and many more. Add to this that you won't even have control prompts when playing with a controller.

Several of these things can be fixed applying patches - but the port itself is one of the worse I ever saw.
I concur.
bler144: You do have to patch/fix the clocking issue, which I wasn't willing to do downloading files from random sites.

But I would agree with you - I didn't mind the port itself. Even playing KB+M I thought the controls were fine.
The game has problems with cutscenes whenever you go over 30fps (which is not possible with the vanilla GOG version btw), the controls are terrible, caching is a big problem and many more. Add to this that you won't even have control prompts when playing with a controller.

Several of these things can be fixed applying patches - but the port itself is one of the worse I ever saw.
I just realized, I played it with "Gentlemen of the Row", which is a MASSIVE MOD. I would imagine it fixes most of, if not all of, the problems because I loved it and thought it ran smooth.

http://idolninja.com/sr2.php
Post edited May 20, 2018 by tinyE
tinyE: I just realized, I played it with "Gentlemen of the Row", which is a MASSIVE MOD. I would imagine it fixes most of, if not all of, the problems because I loved it and thought it ran smooth.

Thanks for mentioning this! I gave up very early on in my playthrough because of the horrible controls and the fact that it doesn't have on-screen prompts for the gamepad. I'll have to give it another go with that mod.
tinyE: I just realized, I played it with "Gentlemen of the Row", which is a MASSIVE MOD. I would imagine it fixes most of, if not all of, the problems because I loved it and thought it ran smooth.

finkleroy: Thanks for mentioning this! I gave up very early on in my playthrough because of the horrible controls and the fact that it doesn't have on-screen prompts for the gamepad. I'll have to give it another go with that mod.
I never played it without so let me know how big the improvement is.

I do know even with, some of the controls were odd, but you could remap them, save for the menu screens.
I never did get used to leaning forward and backward in the car, which I never really used TBH.
Post edited May 20, 2018 by tinyE

Thanks for the Mod! :)
plagren: Damn, I hope those who got Simon the Sorcerer will eventually come back for the sequel. I clearly didn't think this one through.
I'm not a real fan of adventure games but Simon the Sorcerer (1) [along with Monkey Island (1,2), Day of the Tentacle and Quest for Glory (1,2,3,4)] is one of very few adventure series I played and liked in the past. I've never played second part of Simon so in theory I could ask here for it but "inner part of me" would prefer to replay first part as first which I do not have after all these years, so it's complicated to accomplish. :D

The mod fixes the missing prompts and improves the comtrols. It does not fix the clock issue (but this issue does not occur on every system). It also does not fix the 30fps lock and nothing fixes the cutscenes when you play in 60fps. In my experience cutscenes remain in tact when playing with max 40-45fps but this may vary.

In case you still want to disable the 30fps lock on the GOG version read here how to do it.
Post edited May 20, 2018 by MarkoH01
Lexor: I'm not a real fan of adventure games but Simon the Sorcerer (1) [along with Monkey Island (1,2), Day of the Tentacle and Quest for Glory (1,2,3,4)] is one of very few adventure series I played and liked in the past.
Wouldn't really call QfG adventures. Plenty of action there.
Cavalary: Wouldn't really call QfG adventures. Plenty of action there.
Well, yes, but also a lot of "point-and-clicking" :D
Cavalary: Wouldn't really call QfG adventures. Plenty of action there.
Lexor: Well, yes, but also a lot of "point-and-clicking" :D
it's a mix of genres, some rpg too, but it basically is a pnc to me. you have your verbs, your inventory, your dialogues with choices...
slyky13: I played saints row 3 and 4 and absolutely LOVED them and now i think i need to play 2. May I have Saints Row 2?
I'd normally deny this due to lack of participation, but I'll make an exception since it's a long-standing freebie.
Granted.
slyky13: I played saints row 3 and 4 and absolutely LOVED them and now i think i need to play 2. May I have Saints Row 2?
zeogold: I'd normally deny this due to lack of participation, but I'll make an exception since it's a long-standing freebie.
Granted.
slyky just joined but has been participating A LOT!
finkleroy: Thanks for mentioning this! I gave up very early on in my playthrough because of the horrible controls and the fact that it doesn't have on-screen prompts for the gamepad. I'll have to give it another go with that mod.
tinyE: I never played it without so let me know how big the improvement is.

I do know even with, some of the controls were odd, but you could remap them, save for the menu screens.
I never did get used to leaning forward and backward in the car, which I never really used TBH.
I know that the GOG version of the game is playable but when I first started playing it, I had a 750ti and the frame rate capped out at around 40 with the unlock. Gentlemen of the Row, I believe has no way of fixing that and I have contacted IdolNinja on GOG about it and he confirmed it as well.

I think the Steam version might run without the client, I believe it actually does at least for linux. There's a chance it might for Windows as well but that's just because I like more frames. The GOG version is perfectly playable, however.
Thank you Plagren for donating Saints Row 2 and many thanks to the almighty Zeogold
Post edited May 22, 2018 by slyky13
Hi, zeogold, I'd like to request a key for Worms Forts: Under Siege!

I kept asking for advice about the worms series, because I was looking for the games that had a proper campaign, and not just a string of puzzle levels. Turns out, nobody was able to help, I assume because they enjoy the games in LAN. I know that Worms Forts: Under Siege's campaign is just a series of puzzle games, but it looks like I'll have to get the complete series on GOG, to settle my curiosity.