It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tinyE: Pretty sure Breja was being tongue in cheek there. :P
Breja: Tough crowd I guess.
Sorry, Breja. Let me say that I love your humor whenever I read it. Just like Makotolia however I sometimes don't realize it's a joke. I blame it on me being German not knowing much about humor or English :)
MarkoH01: Sorry, Breja. Let me say that I love your humor whenever I read it. Just like Makotolia however I sometimes don't realize it's a joke. I blame it on me being German not knowing much about humor or English :)
Don't worry, it's often easy to misread the tone in such written comunication as forum posts. Happenes to me too.
Makotolia: *sigh* I guess we have no choice but to put up with this mischievous, er, (is that a) raccoon (?) who causes (only) half the derailing.
Wow. I hope it did not offend the Puzzlemaster that you seem to not recognize Sam from "Sam & Max". It's a dog btw - much better to see when you look at him in his full glory:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_%26_Max
Speaking of Sam and Max,, I hope that Sam and Max: Hit the Road will have a good discount in the summer sales, so I can buy it. I played Sam and Max: The Devil Playhouse and I had a lot of fun :)
The thread turned one year old a couple of days ago; I was just too busy in real life and forgot it. Here is a toast to another great year!
Themken: The thread turned one year old a couple of days ago; I was just too busy in real life and forgot it. Here is a toast to another great year!
Hear, hear!
Makotolia: *sigh* I guess we have no choice but to put up with this mischievous, er, (is that a) raccoon (?) who causes (only) half the derailing.
MarkoH01: Wow. I hope it did not offend the Puzzlemaster that you seem to not recognize Sam from "Sam & Max". It's a dog btw - much better to see when you look at him in his full glory:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_%26_Max
Oh, thank you! Sam & Max is a name which I heard a lot about but never checked, 'cuz it just sounds so undistinguished...

And now I am thinking maybe GOG should support bigger version of avatars.
Makotolia: And now I am thinking maybe GOG should support bigger version of avatars.
You can click an avatar to enlarge it to its original size. Sometimes the original size is the same size it already is, so it won't enlarge, but sometimes it's larger.
finkleroy: You can click an avatar to enlarge it to its original size. Sometimes the original size is the same size it already is, so it won't enlarge, but sometimes it's larger.
??? Using which browser as nothing happens here if I click on an avatar? I tried several.
Themken: ??? Using which browser as nothing happens here if I click on an avatar? I tried several.
Among others, my avatar enlarges in Chrome. This may be a feature of one of the two user-made scripts I'm running. If so, I apologize for assuming it was a feature of the vanilla GOG forum experience. The two aforementioned scripts are Barefoot Essentials and Adalia Fundamentals. I very highly recommend both for numerous reasons.
Post edited May 16, 2018 by finkleroy
Sjuan: Speaking of Sam and Max,, I hope that Sam and Max: Hit the Road will have a good discount in the summer sales, so I can buy it. I played Sam and Max: The Devil Playhouse and I had a lot of fun :)
Sure, the characters are fun, but the game plays very differently. That's of course a Zeo favourite. But that's a 1, maybe 2 stars game for me because of its many problems, expecially towards the ending. Like a lot of slow walking back and forth. Luckily thay fixed that with the Dig, and in Full Throttle (that had many other problems). Don't get me wrong, it's a cool game but you need the patience to look over its drawbacks.
I recently played Tormentum: Dark Sorrow. The gameplay was shallow, but not having to walk around the character for long distances by just clicking and watching them slowly jog along is a relief. Like in Death Gate. It worked fine for me!

If I hover the mouse on an avatar, a smaller circled version appears. Smaller. To see a slightly bigger one I have to right click, view profile and click on the pic. Too much hassle.
Post edited May 16, 2018 by Dogmaus
Themken: ??? Using which browser as nothing happens here if I click on an avatar? I tried several.
finkleroy: Among others, my avatar enlarges in Chrome. This may be a feature of one of the two user-made scripts I'm running. If so, I apologize for assuming it was a feature of the vanilla GOG forum experience. The two aforementioned scripts are Barefoot Essentials and Adalia Fundamentals. I very highly recommend both for numerous reasons.
You're right, it's not a feature of the vanilla version. I tried Barefoot Essentials and it works!

I now have something new to play with XD
Post edited May 16, 2018 by Makotolia
finkleroy: Among others, my avatar enlarges in Chrome. This may be a feature of one of the two user-made scripts I'm running. If so, I apologize for assuming it was a feature of the vanilla GOG forum experience. The two aforementioned scripts are Barefoot Essentials and Adalia Fundamentals. I very highly recommend both for numerous reasons.
I like to second this suggestion. Get BOTH scripts if you are using a browser. GOG will never be the same again!
Sjuan: Speaking of Sam and Max,, I hope that Sam and Max: Hit the Road will have a good discount in the summer sales, so I can buy it. I played Sam and Max: The Devil Playhouse and I had a lot of fun :)
I wonder why you only played "The Devil's Playhouse" since it's the conclusion of a trilogy (starting with "Sam & Max save the World" and followed by "Sam & Max beyond Time and Space"). As being said "Sam & Max Hit the Road" has a different story and it also plays different (the main difference being that it's completely 2D while the latter ones all are 3D and developed by Telltale) but I would still recommend it if you are fan of the over the top humor all games provide - not to mention those two great characters themselves. I am still a bit sad that Telltale obviously does not plan to make a fourth Sam & Max game after they had such a big success with those more or less choiced based visual novels they started with "The Walking Dead". I miss those guys.
Post edited May 16, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: I like to second this suggestion. Get BOTH scripts if you are using a browser. GOG will never be the same again!
MarkoH01: I wonder why you only played "The Devil's Playhouse" since it's the conclusion of a trilogy (starting with "Sam & Max save the World" and followed by "Sam & Max beyond Time and Space"). As being said "Sam & Max Hit the Road" has a different story and it also plays different (the main difference being that it's completely 2D while the latter ones all are 3D and developed by Telltale) but I would still recommend it if you are fan of the over the top humor all games provide - not to mention those two great characters themselves. I am still a bit sad that Telltale obviously does not plan to make a fourth Sam & Max game after they had such a big success with those more or less choiced based visual novels they started with "The Walking Dead". I miss those guys.
When I acquired Sam and Max: The Devil Playhouse, I thought it was a game that could be played without having played the previous two, but then I saw my mistake :(

Anyway, thanks to you and Dogmaus for recommending the game and giving me your opinion of it :)
muntdefems: Aaaaanyway... I see the stunt actors of Chroma Squad have been idling for too long in this post. Guess a bit of exercise and kicking some putties asses would do them good. Can I have them, please? :)
Granted.