It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My administrators yell at me for not doing enough for my students who failed last semester's classes to have them pass, despite the fact we have our standardized tests coming up for the students who DID pass and are in the next semester. If not enough of them pass the test, our school will close, but they are upset at me for not taking time away from preparing them for the test to help out kids who aren't taking it at all!

The American educational system at work.... sigh....
*puts toothpaste in the brush and it drops off before it's safely in my mouth* Dammit!
Dear Amazon.
Please remind me again why I pay extra P&P for an item, only to have it take twice as long as standard delivery?
I have created split personalities Marshal and Tyler.

They are in charge now.
Four stitches in my left index finger after getting it pinched while building this machine. Was hoping to get by with a paper towel and electrical tape but removing that 'bandage' to clean up for lunch showed that it was worse than I thought. Should have guessed given the amount of blood dripped all over the floor.

So then I had myself psyched-up at the clinic a few hours later, in anticipation of the Novocaine injections. Stomach was all goofy on me, throat was dry, got light-headed... and yeah, those injections hurt like hell. A lot of nerves right there in your finger and I think that needle hit 90% of them. Anyway, not sure why I put myself into that feeling of dread.
HereForTheBeer: Four stitches in my left index finger after getting it pinched while building this machine. Was hoping to get by with a paper towel and electrical tape but removing that 'bandage' to clean up for lunch showed that it was worse than I thought. Should have guessed given the amount of blood dripped all over the floor.

So then I had myself psyched-up at the clinic a few hours later, in anticipation of the Novocaine injections. Stomach was all goofy on me, throat was dry, got light-headed... and yeah, those injections hurt like hell. A lot of nerves right there in your finger and I think that needle hit 90% of them. Anyway, not sure why I put myself into that feeling of dread.
I had that happen one time after a really bad bicycle accident. Went down a hill and gravel ripped open my right arm at the elbow. The local anesthetic shots hurt WAY worse than the ripped flesh from going down that hill.

Laughing gas should always be an option. Killing nerves with needles is right up there with Chinese water torture.
Emob78: Laughing gas should always be an option. Killing nerves with needles is right up there with Chinese water torture.
Sign me up! For the laughing gas, that is, not the torture.

My wife, showing sympathy and solidarity, told me to ask them to give me a vasectomy since they already had the needle and thread out.
The world is still full of injustice and environmentally unsustainable practices, I feel like I'm not doing enough yet working so hard my brother-in-law said it's time for the emergency break yet it's hard to say no to my own enthusiasm. And yesterday I had a depressed day which had nothing to do with injustices or bad news from the world outside but just me not being able to cope with things that go differently than expected. Autism can be a cause for depression and getting tired of life even in a just world, I guess - making me long for the happiest day of my life: the day when I know it will be my final day alive.
I have an overstimulated nerve in my chest, hurts like hell. :/
Really irritated at this new machine installation. A few major things have gone wrong, it's about 6 weeks behind schedule, and I'm looking at another 4 weeks of this crap. I like what I do but this is one of those rare times that I want nothing more to do with this stuff.
Went inside the restaurant to eat. The place was packed.

Only one table with one seat was unoccupied. I quickly went there and occupied and glad I got the last seat.

A few seconds later some pregnant women with a kid in her baby stroller walks by me and makes a snarky remark.

"You saw me coming with the baby and you took the seat for yourself. How selfish of you."

And I am thinking "Isn't she selfish for having kids, why should I sacrifice my comfort for you and your kids. You don't give a damn about me. geez" Plus I never saw her coming. Its not like I was racing with anyone. Chivalry is dead. get used to it.
Post edited March 21, 2016 by sasuke12
HereForTheBeer: Four stitches in my left index finger after getting it pinched while building this machine...
HereForTheBeer: Really irritated at this new machine installation. A few major things have gone wrong, it's about 6 weeks behind schedule, and I'm looking at another 4 weeks of this crap. I like what I do but this is one of those rare times that I want nothing more to do with this stuff.
This machine...is it... The Mangler?
HereForTheBeer: Really irritated at this new machine installation. A few major things have gone wrong, it's about 6 weeks behind schedule, and I'm looking at another 4 weeks of this crap. I like what I do but this is one of those rare times that I want nothing more to do with this stuff.
chadjenofsky: This machine...is it... The Mangler?
Ha - I WISH I could blame it on that!
So, my gog page loaded very long today and I realized that my CPU is stucked at 800MHz, after some investigation and 3h of doing everything that is possible I learned that I "can go around that problem" but mobo is defective and I should RMA it... after only 4 months, that's just great... I don't even want to start talking about how hard it was to fit all this in that small case... sigh.

Also, the cat we "adopted" few weeks ago that had to have one of his leg ampuated (it was smashed) don't heal very well... the vet said that it should already be in much better state... sigh... 2 weeks ago at least she tried run and walking, nowdays she just laying around and even don't want to go eat unless we take her to the bowl...
Post edited March 21, 2016 by Trid
And now something personal (I'm not kidding):

An hour ago I called my former psychotherapist, who I haven't contacted for a few years after he finished my last therapy, and asked for another therapy. He said that he currently hasn't any free places and to be on the the wait list would take half a year. He also asked what my current employment is and after I admitted that I'm still unemployed he said that he would put me on the list but that I have to find work even if it's just marginal employment because else therapy wouldn't make sense.
Just to put it in perspective: He is still a Health Service doctor who get paid by the health insurance and not a private doctor who I would have to pay myself.
I made the mistake not to ask why therapy would be useless without me working and now I'm not feeling well. On one hand I'm angry because why the fuck do I have to work to get therapy. On the other hand I'm asking myself if my lack of need for achievement is the reason why I'm depressed.