It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeogold: ...Have any of you considered paying a visit to your local church? It might not be a bad idea.
tinyE: You are my buddy zeo, but if you ever recommend me to go to a church I will never speak to you again. :P
...Your local psychologist, maybe?
Wait, no, on second thought, I don't want to scare the poor guy into retirement.
Emob78: I was getting at it too. But to get at it, I needed some hedge trimmers, a flashlight, and a pair of latex gloves.

And now, knowing the dark truths of hidden anatomy, I am fulfilled in understanding the meaning of this song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg
zeogold: ...Have any of you considered paying a visit to your local church? It might not be a bad idea.
Religion is only for people who are really in need of some comfort but can't stomach alcohol...
The people trying to sue us sent us a Christmas card. XD
viperfdl: Religion is only for people who are really in need of some comfort but can't stomach alcohol...
Adopting Religion is also for hypocritical people who want to enter heaven after committing alot of debauchery, promiscuous sex, sin after sin.

After all, most of the people you see in church are middle to old aged folks and were drug and orgy loving hippies in their youth days.
Post edited January 06, 2016 by tort1234
viperfdl: Religion is only for people who are really in need of some comfort but can't stomach alcohol...
tort1234: Adopting Religion is also for hypocritical people who want to enter heaven after committing alot of debauchery, promiscuous sex, sin after sin.

After all, most of the people you see in church are middle to old aged folks and were drug and orgy loving hippies in their youth days.
Yep. They use it as a get out of jail free card. That is why my response to these people thinking they are good people who will go to heaven while everyone else is going to go to hell is the ultimate facepalm. No, falsely advertising to people about yourself, acting like the past never happened, going to church every Sunday and having knowledge of the bible doesn't make you better than anyone. It takes a lot more than that to be a good person.
Attachments:
Post edited January 07, 2016 by monkeydelarge
tort1234: Adopting Religion is also for hypocritical people who want to enter heaven after committing alot of debauchery, promiscuous sex, sin after sin.

This is why you judge a man by his merit and not by his words.
I do apologize for this moment of seriousness. I now return to my usual ridiculous nature.

zeogold: This is why you judge a man by his merit and not by his words.
I do apologize for this moment of seriousness. I now return to my usual ridiculous nature.
Yep. Actions speak louder than words. I wish I followed your advice when I was younger. It would of spared me from a lot of pain.
zeogold: This is why you judge a man by his merit and not by his words.
monkeydelarge: Yep. Actions speak louder than words. I wish I followed your advice when I was younger. It would of spared me from a lot of pain.
If you pitchfork-wielding group will excuse my Bible quoting, even Jesus himself pointed out about such people:
"By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit." - Matthew 7:16-18
"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 7:21
Makes me kinda sad when I see these people, who clearly do not follow the doctrine they claim to, give us Christians a bad name.
timppu: The weather. It is too warm here, go figure. Damn climate change.
tinyE: 45 F today. :P
Climate change has been cancelled.

Sometimes you get what you wish for. This morning it was -27 C (-16.6 F) here, in northern parts of the country even down to -41 C (-41.8 F) according to weather news. Not that much snow yet though, but some. I don't even recall when was the last time it was this cold in this area, must be several years ago, maybe even decade(s). I guess google knows...

By Sunday or Monday it is supposed to "warm up" back up to -5 C (+23 F), which is welcome because I don't want to fret whether the coldness will kill my car. Well, at least it has worked fine so far... As I keep saying, around -5 => -10 C is my preferred winter temperature, this is too cold to do anything meaningful outdoors (yet some asshats even ride bicycles at these temperatures, fools! You could die out there!)

It's nice and warm indoors, luckily.
Post edited January 07, 2016 by timppu
tinyE: 45 F today. :P
timppu: Climate change has been cancelled.

Sometimes you get what you wish for. This morning it was -27 C (-16.6 F) here, in northern parts of the country even down to -41 C (-41.8 F) according to weather news. Not that much snow yet though, but some. I don't even recall when was the last time it was this cold in this area, must be several years ago, maybe even decade(s). I guess google knows...

By Sunday or Monday it is supposed to "warm up" back up to -5 C (+23 F), which is welcome because I don't want to fret whether the coldness will kill my car. Well, at least it has worked fine so far... As I keep saying, around -5 => -10 C is my preferred winter temperature, this is too cold to do anything meaningful outdoors (yet some asshats even ride bicycles at these temperatures, fools! You could die out there!)

It's nice and warm indoors, luckily.
Were schools and businesses closed due to the weather?
dtgreene: Were schools and businesses closed due to the weather?
No, business as usual. There were reports of some problems with public transport though, some buses had issues while driving, trains are late and some subways may be skipped. So expect delays with public transport.

This was in Helsinki area where there was this -27 C or so. The -41 C is in rural areas, not sure how they travel there, I presume all cars have some problems in such harsh temperatures. Not sure, the coldest I've driven at was many years ago at around -35 C or so (in north while skiing there), at least my car could handle that but it felt the gas/engine was somewhat unresponsive so I wouldn't have been surprised if my car had just decided to stop suddenly.

EDIT: It might be that in the north there is some temperature limit under which schoolkids are not necessarily expected to travel to school (when it is like -40 C or so), but I haven't at least read that any schools would have been closed completely. So it seems to me schools are open even up there, and those kids that can make it alive to the school, welcome.
Post edited January 07, 2016 by timppu
Was hoping to wrap up this job today and get started on the 14-hour trip back home first thing in the morning. Didn't quite make it: the machine is finished but the customer and I both feel more comfortable having me stick around for at least a few hours tomorrow to babysit while they get some production out of it. Given the inevitable Shooting of the Shit that goes along with these things, probably won't get out of there until 11am or so which puts me at home around 1am Saturday.

And then right back to work on parts the rest of the weekend.
Welp, as of late I am not happy to go on another job hunt because my current job is starting to become ridiculous as of late. I work part time in retail, yeah yeah I know, I should have read the warning signs but my hours have been significantly low. Today I got my schedule for next week and I only work 7 hours, I am not too fond of that since that is half of what I have been getting lately. I was employed somewhere else before I worked this current job but the same stuff happened where I got low hours and for a whole month I only worked 8 hour work weeks and left for this current job because of that reason.
SpooferJahk: Welp, as of late I am not happy to go on another job hunt because my current job is starting to become ridiculous as of late. I work part time in retail, yeah yeah I know, I should have read the warning signs but my hours have been significantly low. Today I got my schedule for next week and I only work 7 hours, I am not too fond of that since that is half of what I have been getting lately. I was employed somewhere else before I worked this current job but the same stuff happened where I got low hours and for a whole month I only worked 8 hour work weeks and left for this current job because of that reason.
It seems to me, this is a passive aggressive attempt to make you quit because they don't want to fire you. Why they would do such a thing? I don't know.
Post edited January 08, 2016 by monkeydelarge
SpooferJahk: Welp, as of late I am not happy to go on another job hunt because my current job is starting to become ridiculous as of late. I work part time in retail, yeah yeah I know, I should have read the warning signs but my hours have been significantly low. Today I got my schedule for next week and I only work 7 hours, I am not too fond of that since that is half of what I have been getting lately. I was employed somewhere else before I worked this current job but the same stuff happened where I got low hours and for a whole month I only worked 8 hour work weeks and left for this current job because of that reason.
monkeydelarge: It seems to me, this is a passive aggressive attempt to make you quit because they don't want to fire you. Why they would do such a thing? I don't know.
I have no clue, either way, going to stick it out as long as I can and if they fire me they fire me, if not then I will be looking for a better job very soon.