It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We wouldn’t leave you without a true banger just for the last days of Summer Sale!

We’re incredibly excited to say that ENDLESS™ Space and ENDLESS™ Space 2 are now both available on GOG with -75% discounts that last until July 11th, 1 PM UTC! Moreover, to top this week off, feel free to claim your copy of Beholder 2 until July 3rd, 1 PM UTC.

Let’s take a closer look at all that gaming goodness!

Prepare to venture into the uncharted depths of space and lead your civilization to glory in both ENDLESS™ Space and ENDLESS™ Space 2! These captivating turn-based strategy games, developed by Amplitude Studios and published by SEGA, are ready to immerse you in epic space exploration, intense battles, and intricate empire management.

ENDLESS™ Space
Embark on a cosmic odyssey where the galaxy becomes your playground. As a visionary leader, guide your civilization to greatness amidst a sprawling universe filled with wonders and challenges. Expand your empire through colonization, technological advancements, and strategic diplomacy. Engage in exhilarating space combat, chart new star systems, and shape the destiny of your people. With its rich lore, immersive visuals, and deep strategic gameplay, ENDLESS™ Space offers an unparalleled 4X experience.

ENDLESS™ Space 2
The stars await your command in this highly acclaimed sequel that takes the space strategy genre to new frontiers. Delve into a universe teeming with diverse civilizations, each with their own ambitions and agendas. With enhanced mechanics, stunning visuals, and an expanded roster of factions, ENDLESS™ Space 2 offers an even more immersive and engaging gameplay experience. From navigating complex diplomatic relationships to managing vast interstellar resources, every decision will shape the fate of your empire. Prepare for an epic journey of conquest, exploration, and diplomacy like never before.

Additionally, 9 DLCs for the game are now also available on GOG. Check them out and grab them all together within ENDLESS™ Space 2 Definitive Edition.

When it comes to the giveaway, for the next 72 hours (until July 3rd, 1 PM UTC) feel free to claim your copy of Beholder 2 – story rich and atmospheric strategy adventure title.

In Beholder 2, you are an intern at the central ministry of a totalitarian state with your whole career ahead of you. Work your way up the ladder by scheming against employees, spying on your boss, and completing paperwork. Or do you turn against the state and expose corruption. The choice is still yours to make!

Check these amazing titles now and enjoy Summer Sale to the fullest!
AWG43: I see. Thank you and Splatsch for confirmation.

So, the GOG release of Endless Space 2 lacks at least one basic single-player function then.

I wonder if there's any configuration file of some sort where you can change the DefaultPlayerName to any other name?
Splatsch: No problem ! I hope this will be fixed one day, it's really a basic thing :/

I tried to look a bit but can't find anything unfortunately. But I may have missed it.
Yes, one can only hope for an official fix I assume. It seems that the game checks the user's account and when it doesn't find one it gives DefaultPlayerName in return.
I went ahead and reported the DefaultPlayerName issue on the G2G forums, along with requesting the G2G DLC being bundled with the community patch. Here's hoping that the GOG version of the game can truly be definitive in the coming years.
Has anyone tested the first game with the Imperium Aeterna mod ?
Sabin_Stargem: I went ahead and reported the DefaultPlayerName issue on the G2G forums, along with requesting the G2G DLC being bundled with the community patch. Here's hoping that the GOG version of the game can truly be definitive in the coming years.
Thanks for all that ! I hope they'll listen, that would be awesome to have a really "definitive" edition :)
Post edited July 04, 2023 by Splatsch
Good to see the Yakuza Collection get some love from gog users.
high rated
1jocator: Me neither. So I'm permanently DefaultPlayerName now.
Memecchi: It's so jarring and silly to read "DefaultPlayerName" when another galactic empire refuses your bribe lol
AWG43: Yes, one can only hope for an official fix I assume. It seems that the game checks the user's account and when it doesn't find one it gives DefaultPlayerName in return.
Sabin_Stargem: I went ahead and reported the DefaultPlayerName issue on the G2G forums, along with requesting the G2G DLC being bundled with the community patch. Here's hoping that the GOG version of the game can truly be definitive in the coming years.
To my fellow DefaultPlayerName, I hope you'll receive this message : there is a solution to change your name with the offline installer ! It has been found by Syphon72 !

https://www.gog.com/forum/endless_space_2/how_to_change_username_for_the_offlinbe_installer/post7

1) Go in the folder "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Endless Space 2\Users"
2) Here you should have a subfolder "0", go inside (it's you user folder if I understood well)
3) Open "Registry.xml"
4) Search for the line "</Slot0>"
5) Just after it, add the line "<CustomUsername>YourUserName</CustomUsername>", choose what you want instead of "YourUserName" (for me it will be "Splatsch")
This part of the file looks like this for me now :
<Competitors>
<Slot0>
<Faction>FactionSophons</Faction>
<Color>0</Color>
</Slot0>
<CustomUsername>Splatsch</CustomUsername>
</Competitors>
6) Save the file
7) Launch the game ! Now the username you put in the registry file should be here ! If you want to change it again, you'll have to change the chosen username in the registry file.

I tried to launch a game and this works perfectly for me, even after restarting my computer. Thanks a lot again to Syphon72 who found the solution !
Post edited July 12, 2023 by Splatsch
Splatsch: To my fellow DefaultPlayerName, I hope you'll receive this message : there is a solution to change your name with the offline installer ! It has been found by Syphon72 !

https://www.gog.com/forum/endless_space_2/how_to_change_username_for_the_offlinbe_installer/post7

2) Here you should have a subfolder "0", go inside (it's you user folder if I understood well)
3) Open "Registry.xml"
5) Just after it, add the line "<CustomUsername>YourUserName</CustomUsername>", choose what you want instead of "YourUserName" (for me it will be "Splatsch")
<Competitors>
<Slot0>
<Color>0</Color>
</Slot0>
</Competitors>
6) Save the file
7) Launch the game ! Now the username you put in the registry file should be here ! If you want to change it again, you'll have to change the chosen username in the registry file.

I tried to launch a game and this works perfectly for me, even after restarting my computer. Thanks a lot again to Syphon72 who found the solution !
This does work. Thank you for sharing the solution.
Splatsch: To my fellow DefaultPlayerName, I hope you'll receive this message : there is a solution to change your name with the offline installer ! It has been found by Syphon72 !

3) Open "Registry.xml"
<Competitors>
<Slot0>
<Color>0</Color>
</Slot0>
</Competitors>
6) Save the file

Yes, this is exactly what I was writing about. I was looking for a config file while it was in a xml file though. Thank you for sharing.
Post edited July 13, 2023 by AWG43
1jocator: This does work. Thank you for sharing the solution.
AWG43: Yes, this is exactly what I was writing about. I was looking for a config file while it was in a xml file though. Thank you for sharing.
You're both welcome :)
I'm happy if I helped other people !