It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Unfortunately there's also a bad news. Transistor has been updated too and when you start it now all you get is an error message. Already tried the steam_appid trick. It seems the only solution is to use this and download a version prior to the latest update ... or buy on GOG.
Post edited September 04, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Unfortunately there's also a bad news. Transistor has been updated too and when you start it now all you get is an error message. Already tried the steam_appid trick. It seems the only solution is to use this and download a version prior to the latest update ... or buy on GOG.
You c... You can download old versions of Steam games? Holy crap, that's awesome.
Trying to keep up with muntdefems ;) I am able to add some Artifex Mundi games to the list as well for the windows versions (tested on windows7/64). I can confirm they all run with the steam_appid.txt trick (appid listed in paranthesis).

Endless Fables: The Minotaur's Curse (504000)
Endless Fables 2: Frozen Path (699780)
Modern Tales: Age of Invention (678970)
Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past (858870)
Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child (615350)
The Secret Order 4: Beyond Time (517360)
Post edited September 06, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Trying to keep up with muntdefems ;)
In fact now you're ahead of me with some of these games. I hope to be able to check their Linux versions during the weekend. :)

RE: downloading old versions of Steam games, that was a complete revelation for me too, thanks for sharing it! Although I'm afraid it's as much a curse as it is a blessing, since now I'll just have to check older builds of games that didn't work without the client the first time around... :S
muntdefems: RE: downloading old versions of Steam games, that was a complete revelation for me too, thanks for sharing it! Although I'm afraid it's as much a curse as it is a blessing, since now I'll just have to check older builds of games that didn't work without the client the first time around... :S
Mission to make muntdefems go completely crazy ... accomplished.

*ding* achievement "Muntdefems I love to hate you" unlocked :D
Post edited September 06, 2018 by MarkoH01
Despite my craziness, I can confirm the following games also work fine on Linux by using the 'steamapp_id.txt trick':

MarkoH01: Endless Fables 2: Frozen Path (699780)
Modern Tales: Age of Invention (678970)
Queen's Quest 2: Stories of Forgotten Past (858870)
Scarlett Mysteries: Cursed Child (615350)
Back to scrutinizing Steam's underworld in search of functional olden builds!
Jonathan_The_Gamer: Rise &
Glittermitten Grove
I've got both good and bad news about these 2 games for Linux users:

· The good news is that Glittermitten Grove worked out of the box on Linux (didn't have time to access you-know-what yet, though).

· The bad news is that the Linux version of Rise & Shine seems to depend on Steamworks. Thanks to MarkoH01's tip, I've downloaded all 3 Linux builds of this game, and the first two do start, but they get stuck at the Adult Swim logo (as several people reported on Steam). The third and final build addressed this bug by adding Steamworks libraries, and thus making the game dependant on the client. :\
(Well, at least it seems to run fine with Wine...)
I posted wrong information here - deleted and I apologize for posting it in the first place!
Post edited September 14, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Some good news for owners of A Hat in Time on Steam.

Even after installing the free "Seal the Deal" DLC the game doe not need the Steam client to run. (Tested on Win7/64).
Does the DLC work without the game or do you have to get to a certain point in order to find out?
MarkoH01: Some good news for owners of A Hat in Time on Steam.

Even after installing the free "Seal the Deal" DLC the game doe not need the Steam client to run. (Tested on Win7/64).
vidsgame: Does the DLC work without the game or do you have to get to a certain point in order to find out?
Yeah, you got me there. The DLC introduced local coop which is working for me but that is just part of the actual base game update. When I start the game it also showed the DLC splash screen but afaik you'll need to get to a certain point in the game to actually access it since it is additional story line. Unfortunately I did not reach that part yet so yes, I can only confirm that I am still able to launch the game for sure. I might search for a completed savegame so that I will be able to test if I can actually access this new chapter as well.

Edit: Thank you for your question. I found a savegame and unfortunately it is NOT possible to access the additional DLC content without Steam. So what I said before is NOT correct. The Seal the Deal DLC is NOT DRM free! Only the base game still works.
Post edited September 14, 2018 by MarkoH01
vidsgame: Does the DLC work without the game or do you have to get to a certain point in order to find out?
MarkoH01: Yeah, you got me there. The DLC introduced local coop which is working for me but that is just part of the actual base game update. When I start the game it also showed the DLC splash screen but afaik you'll need to get to a certain point in the game to actually access it since it is additional story line. Unfortunately I did not reach that part yet so yes, I can only confirm that I am still able to launch the game for sure. I might search for a completed savegame so that I will be able to test if I can actually access this new chapter as well.

Edit: Thank you for your question. I found a savegame and unfortunately it is NOT possible to access the additional DLC content without Steam. So what I said before is NOT correct. The Seal the Deal DLC is NOT DRM free! Only the base game still works.
Thank you, Marko. You're a gentlemen and a scholar. I figured it was additional story line so while I tried to test it, I suspected it was only accessed through progressing through the game (which I'm far from) and I figured it was DRM'ed. Now this is confirmed because of you.
I got the unity bundle on humble bundle (for Gaia and other unity assets, not for games)... anyway.
wasteland 1 is not drm-free (wasteland 2 it is), I know that wasteland 1 is a dos game so maybe it's only necessary to use dosbox, but I don't have time to test it.

All other games in the bundle (except for oxenfree) comes with steam drm.
LiefLayer: All other games in the bundle (except for oxenfree) comes with steam drm.
Did you try all the little tricks? E.g. both The Final Station and Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun seem to work fine on Linux (the latter only after applying the 'steam_appid.txt trick', though).
muntdefems: Did you try all the little tricks? E.g. both The Final Station and Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun seem to work fine on Linux (the latter only after applying the 'steam_appid.txt trick', though).
Ah no, i didn't know about this. I will try it now.

PS. Confirmed for Wasteland 1, AER and Torment, not drm-free.

Shadow Tactics and Last Day of June are Drm-free with the steam_appid.txt trick. I trust you for The Final Station. I did not try Oxenfree since with humble bundle is already drm-free. Wasteland 2 is drm-free without tricks.
Post edited September 17, 2018 by LiefLayer
LiefLayer: PS. Confirmed for Wasteland 1, AER and Torment, not drm-free.

Shadow Tactics and Last Day of June are Drm-free with the steam_appid.txt trick. I trust you for The Final Station. I did not try Oxenfree since with humble bundle is already drm-free. Wasteland 2 is drm-free without tricks.
Didn't see your edit with the additional info, thanks! :)

Some more new successful tests:

Linux games

· Farabel

· Figment (needs the 'steam_appid.txt trick' - 493540)

· Gold Rush! 2

· Guards

· Harvester of Dreams - Episode 1 (Early Access game)

· Jagged Alliance Flashback: (the latest build is bugged; the most recent one that works is that of December 4 2014, with ManifestID=2569368326345704522)

· Shelter 2 (needs the 'steam_appid.txt trick' - 275100)

· Slayer Shock

· Stephen's Sausage Roll

Windows games (tested on Linux with Wine Staging set as Windows 7)

· CAPSULE

· Metamorphabet

· RETSNOM (the game starts and works, but after completing a level it doesn't move automatically to the next one; instead, you need to manually exit to the level selection screen, which is something that doesn't happen with the DRM-free build downloadable from Humble)

· Tharsis

· TIMEframe

· Trawl (not available for Linux, contrary to what the Humble Store page says)
Post edited September 19, 2018 by muntdefems