It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

@muntdefems: You are such an overachiever ;) Glad that you are here and that you have tested so many games while still providing all those updates in the update thread.
MarkoH01: You are such an overachiever ;)
Hah! I wish... More like an overreacher. Every hour I spend testing Steam games is an hour I'm not trying to get non-Linux Unity 5 games working natively, or building my own mini-MaGog in order to make my update reports complete.

But hey, tonight I'm doing neither of those things. Tonight... I'm playing a game! :D
muntdefems: More Linux games tested!

· Outlast (now available for both Mac and Linux): Needed the 'steam_appid.txt' trick.

Including the whistleblower DLC, which means anybody who got the giveaway from humble can now build their own whistleblower Linux DRM free version since for some reason there was no linux version of the DLC.

I do get a

*** WARNING - PATHS MAY NOT BE VALID ***

message and the game saves my controls and the actual game state, but for some reason keeps asking me to set the gamma and won't save audio settings.
drinnen: Including the whistleblower DLC, which means anybody who got the giveaway from humble can now build their own whistleblower Linux DRM free version since for some reason there was no linux version of the DLC.
Indeed, I never realized that Humble only offered the Whistleblower DLC DRM-free for Windows... :\

Well, today I did the letter "C" and I've got a few more things to report:

New to the Wiki

· Captain Forever Remix: Worked out of the box

· Cats Are Liquid: Worked out of the box

· City Quest: Worked out of the box

· Continue?9876543210: Worked out of the box

· Cosmic Express: Worked out of the box

· Cosmochoria: Worked out of the box. Includes its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't make any difference whether it's there or not

· Crowntakers: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt trick'

· Crystal Catacombs: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt trick'

· Curse of the Crescent Isle DX: Worked out of the box

Already in the Wiki

· Canabalt: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt trick', unlike what's reported in the Wiki for the Windows version (could that be a report for an old version of the game? I noticed that the current version is made on Unity3D, while the DRM-free builds I had from Humble used Flash/AIR...)
A'ight, it's time for "D" and "E":

New to the Wiki

· Dammerlicht: Worked out of the box. Doesn't seem to be able to save, though...

· Dark Echo: Worked out of the box.

· Derrick the Deathfin: Worked out of the box. It includes its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't make any difference whether it's there or not.

· Dog Sled Saga: Worked out of the box.

· Doorways: Prelude: Almost worked out of the box, as I had some mouse control issues at first (solved by going into windowed mode and back to fullscreen mode again), but it is 100% DRM-free.

· Drew and the Floating Labyrinth: Worked out of the box.

· Duet: Worked out of the box.

· Duke Grabowski, Mighty Swashbuckler: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt' trick. It can save and load games, but loading took a pretty long time...

· Dungeon Hearts: Worked out of the box.

· Dynamite Jack: Worked out of the box.

· Dyscourse: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt' trick.

· Eldritch: Worked out of the box.

· Electronic Super Joy: Groove City: Worked out of the box. It includes its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't make any difference whether it's there or not.

· Eron: Worked out of the box.

· Expand: Worked out of the box.

Already in the Wiki

· Detective Grimoire: Worked out of the box (it is marked as N/A for Linux in the Wiki but it is available now).
It looks and acts buggy (sound goes away sometimes, when constructing sentences to make deductions, some of the items get stuck in place so you cannot use them any more...), but the DRM-free copy I own from Humble does exactly the same, so it must have something to do with bloody Adobe AIR. :\
Post edited January 21, 2018 by muntdefems
Let's annoy the DRM-free purists a little more! :P

"F" and "G" (tested on Linux as usual):

New to the Wiki

· Fire!: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt trick'.

· FootLOL: Epic Fail League: Worked out of the box.

· Forward to the Sky: Worked out of the box.

· Fox & Flock: Worked out of the box.

· Fumiko!: Worked out of the box.

· Galcon Legends: Worked out of the box.

· Gathering Sky: Worked out of the box.

· Gentlemen!: Worked out of the box.

· Girls Like Robots: Worked out of the box. It includes its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't make any difference whether it's there or not.

· Goscurry: Worked out of the box.

· Grandpa's Table: Worked out of the box.

· Grey Cubes: Worked out of the box.

· Grimind: Worked out of the box. It includes its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't make any difference whether it's there or not.

· Gryphon Knight Epic: Worked out of the box.

· Gunmetal Arcadia Zero: Worked out of the box. It includes its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't make any difference whether it's there or not.

· Gunslugs: Worked out of the box.

· Gunslugs 2: Worked out of the box.

Already in the Wiki

· FarSky: Worked out of the box.

· Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold - Episode 1: Worked out of the box. It includes its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't make any difference whether it's there or not.

· Finding Teddy: Worked out of the box.

· Game Dev Tycoon: Worked out of the box.
muntdefems: Let's annoy the DRM-free purists a little more! :P
As a lurker of this thread: Thanks for all the effort!
:)
"H", "I" and "J" incoming!

New to the Wiki

· Haven Moon: Worked out of the box.

· Heroes of Loot: Worked out of the box.

· Heroes of Loot 2: Worked out of the box.

· HunieCam Studio: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt trick'.

· Hacker Evolution: Worked out of the box.

· Hacker Evolution: Untold: Worked out of the box.

· Hacker Evolution Duality: Worked out of the box.

· I Can't Escape: Darkness: Worked out of the box. Includes its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't make any difference whether it's there or not.

· Ichi: Worked out of the box. Includes its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't make any difference whether it's there or not.

· In Exilium: Worked out of the box.

· InfiniTrap (a.k.a. Ohio Jack and The Cup Of Eternity): Worked out of the box.

· Infinity Runner: Worked out of the box. Includes its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't make any difference whether it's there or not.

· Influent: Worked out of the box.

· Ironcast: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt trick'.

· Jack Lumber: Worked out of the box.

· JumpJet Rex: Worked out of the box.

Already in the Wiki

· Hexcells: Worked out of the box.

· Hexcells Infinite: Worked out of the box.

· Hexcells Plus: Worked out of the box.

Minor Wiki correction

The remark for HOARD in the wiki seems outdated, as the Steam page clearly lists a Linux version of the game.
It's the turn for "K" and "L":

New to the Wiki

· Kelvin and the Infamous Machine: Worked out of the box.

· Kill The Bad Guy: Worked out of the box. Includes its own steam_appid.txt file, which is needed for it to run.

· KNIGHTS: Worked out of the box.

· Legacy of the Elder Star: Worked out of the box. At first it tries to connect to Steam and it shows a warning message (see attached screenshot), but it desists after 3 times. It doesn't save your progress in Story mode if you quit after a few stages, but neither does the DRM-free version from itch.io so I guess this is its default behavior.

· Lethal League: Worked out of the box.

· LOOP: A Tranquil Puzzle Game: Worked out of the box.

· Luckslinger: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt trick'.

· Lumini: Worked out of the box.

· Luxuria Superbia: Worked out of the box.

Already in the Wiki

· Legend of Dungeon: Worked out of the box.

· Life of Pixel: Needed the 'steam_appid.txt trick'.

· Lolly Joe: Worked out of the box.

PS: Needless to say at this point, all the games were tested on Linux.
Attachments:
muntdefems: It's the turn for "K" and "L":

New to the Wiki

· Kelvin and the Infamous Machine: Worked out of the box.
Why did it take you so long to arrive at this letter? ;) I was thinking about buying the point and click bundle on indiegala because of it but was not sure. That being said, it was meanwhile confirmed to me that it can be run without Steam on Windows as well. Will test it myself but I'd say it's pretty sure.
muntdefems: · Kelvin and the Infamous Machine: Worked out of the box.
MarkoH01: Why did it take you so long to arrive at this letter? ;)
I'm glad you could get a confirmation for Windows in time, but how is it my fault that the devs decided to call the guy Kelvin and not, say, Alvin? :P

Seriously though, I'm going in alphabetic order for convenience, but I can accept requests if you're particularly interested in a game. Later at home I'll post some new tests I've done, and the list of games that I plan to redeem and test in the future.
MarkoH01: Why did it take you so long to arrive at this letter? ;)
muntdefems: I'm glad you could get a confirmation for Windows in time, but how is it my fault that the devs decided to call the guy Kelvin and not, say, Alvin? :P

Seriously though, I'm going in alphabetic order for convenience, but I can accept requests if you're particularly interested in a game. Later at home I'll post some new tests I've done, and the list of games that I plan to redeem and test in the future.
Yeah, of course my complaint was not meant seriously but if you post a list of the games that you still want to test it would be great.
Let's go with "M", "N" and "O" (only Linux versions tested):

New to the Wiki

· Magnetic By Nature: Works out of the box. Includes its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't make any difference whether it's there or not.

· Max Gentlemen: Works out of the box.

· MirrorMoon EP: Works out of the box.

· Monsters and Medicine: Works out of the box.

· Murder: Works out of the box.

· Neon Chrome: Needs the 'steam_appid.txt trick'.

· Neon Drive: Works out of the box.

· Nihilumbra: Works out of the box. Includes its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't make any difference whether it's there or not.

· NO THING: Works out of the box.

· Oscura: Lost Light: Works out of the box.

· OTTTD: Works out of the box. Includes its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't make any difference whether it's there or not.

Already in the Wiki

· Monster Loves You!: Works out of the box.

Give me a minute and I'll post the list of remaining games I'll eventually test. ;)
Post edited January 25, 2018 by muntdefems
Nothing to see here. 8)

And now for something completely different.
Post edited February 01, 2018 by muntdefems
Amnesia - A Machine for Pigs works out of the box on Windows.

Hint: Both Amnesia games are currently free on Humble. The offer lasts for 2 days or until keys run out. Click here.