It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've just checked that the Linux version of Kingdom: Classic (which is free for today only!) is also totally DRM-free.
muntdefems: I've just checked that the Linux version of Kingdom: Classic (which is free for today only!) is also totally DRM-free.
Thank you. Then I might get it as well even though it does not seem completely to be my genre.

Edit: Just read that you were talking about the Linux version but I guess there's a good chance it's tzhe same on win. Will tell as soon as I know.

Edit2: I can now confirm that the game is also running (and saving) on win7/64 without the steam client.
Post edited December 20, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Edit: Just read that you were talking about the Linux version but I guess there's a good chance it's tzhe same on win. Will tell as soon as I know.
Well, I talked specifically about the Linux version because the Windows one already appeared as confirmed in the Wiki. :P

Anywhoo... a couple more Linux Steam RPGs I've just confirmed to be DRM-free:

· Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria
· Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice
· Last Dream
· Last Dream: World Unknown

PS: The two Dragon Fantasy games are unable to 'see' the required libsteam_api.so library located at the same directory than the game binary, so you need to run them like this:
$ LD_PRELOAD=./libsteam_api.so ./DragonFantasy

PPS: Yeah, I've cheated on GOG and I got the RPG Bundle at Fanatical which costs as much as a Mystery Star and it lands you a GOG copy of Rogue Wizards via GOG Connect, as well as a bunch of other RPGs on Steam, most of which happen to be DRM-free anyway. :P
MarkoH01: Edit: Just read that you were talking about the Linux version but I guess there's a good chance it's tzhe same on win. Will tell as soon as I know.
muntdefems: Well, I talked specifically about the Linux version because the Windows one already appeared as confirmed in the Wiki. :P
Ooops - normally I am looking at the list before testing anything. In this case I simply forgot. Well - now it's double confirmed ;)
Jonathan_The_Gamer: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Save games works!

It takes some time to load, 10 sec+. Just wait....
It also creates a file "TheBureau.exe.****.STEAMSTART" (5 kb) everytime when you start the game. You can delete the file after playing, but not nessesary.

Win10Pro 64 bits.
Does run, but it can't play the DLC and can't be run in DX 11.
Strafe seems to be DRM-free, tested on Windows 10.

Also Merry Christmas all, hope everyone's having a holiday season.
Terrian Saga: KR-17 can be made DRM-free with the "steam_appid.txt trick".

Only tested the Linux version.
Woo, we're all updated again! I hope everyone's holidays are going well/have gone well!

I was really surprised about The Bureau: XCOM Declassified being DRM-free now; that one launched with Valve CEG (and scanning the files reveals that it's still there, but maybe it's just inert now), so the fact that it runs without an internet connection at all is shocking, let alone without Steam.

Exceed20XX: Strafe seems to be DRM-free, tested on Windows 10.

Also Merry Christmas all, hope everyone's having a holiday season.
Are you talking about the Millenium Edition?
Correct, Millenium Edition.

Hope you and the others have had a fantastic holiday season as well, Happy New Year all! I'm hoping we can start off the new year with a few more surprising reports here.
Slime-San

Rename Steam.exe or create a steam_appid.txt file with 473530 in it and place it in the same directory as the game's main executable.

Tested on Windows 10.
Post edited January 01, 2018 by Grargar
All Artifex Mundi hidden object games are DRM free after steam_appid.txt (trick).
Heretic777: All Artifex Mundi hidden object games are DRM free after steam_appid.txt (trick).
How can you be sure that this would apply to ALL of their games? I already listed a whole lot of them but I cannot say for sure that it works for all of their games.
Heretic777: All Artifex Mundi hidden object games are DRM free after steam_appid.txt (trick).
MarkoH01: How can you be sure that this would apply to ALL of their games? I already listed a whole lot of them but I cannot say for sure that it works for all of their games.
I have all their games and i just recently tested and backed them all up on external harddrive.
I'm starting to archive my entire Steam library and will post here all the DRM free games that i find.

System Shock Enhanced Edition (just run exe)
Legend (just run exe)
BloodNet (dosbox)
Challenge of the Five Realms (dosbox)
Darklands (dosbox)
Deadlock 2 (just run exe)
Ghost Encounters Deadwood Collectors Edition (steam_appid.txt trick)

Tested on Windows 8.1
Post edited January 02, 2018 by Heretic777
Heretic777: I'm starting to archive my entire Steam library and will post here all the DRM free games that i find.
Nice. I'll do the same in the following weeks myself.

Please remember to specify which OS you've tested the games on, and whether you need to do anything to get them running (e.g. delete some included DLL, add a steam_appid.txt file, etc.)