It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

you can play warframe without steam
paladins as well
SkelettalAngel: you can play warframe without steam
paladins as well
Please also state which OS you have used to test it. It's important for adding it to the list.
Post edited December 07, 2017 by MarkoH01
Dominions 5

http://store.steampowered.com/app/722060/Dominions_5__Warriors_of_the_Faith/

Unlike the previous games of the serie, Dom5 must be activated once by starting it through Steam. After that the file dom5key is appeared in game directory, and then Dom5 folder containing this file can be cut out of Steamapps directory and placed everywhere on any PC, and game will be running without Steam at all.

Tested on Win7-32, as always.
Jonathan_The_Gamer: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
Just in case someone would miss the Humble Bundle give-away for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified I participated in the giveaway in the hope of making someone happy with it.

So I got a code for this game, but it expires on the 16th of December (10:00 AM Pacific Time), so be quick to reply.

First come first served.
Airships Conquer the Skies
HeliumRain
Capitalism 2
This Grand Life
Getting Over It
House Party
IS Defense
Kindergarten
Loading Screen Simulator
Make America Great Again The Trump Presidency
Startup Company
The Forest

All Windows 10 64.
Post edited December 11, 2017 by Rainman43
Defend Your Life: TD

Tested on Linux. It works offline without Steam if you create a steam_appid.txt file containing its Steam ID: 357780
Two more I've just got from Chrono.gg:

· State of Anarchy (totally DRM-free)

· Western 1849 Reloaded (I had to create a steam_appid.txt file for it to work)

The nicest part of it all is that both of these games are made with Unity v4 and worked natively on Linux with an appropriate Linux Unity runtime (4.7.1f1 and 4.6.6f2, respectively). :)
Bob Came in Pieces is listed in the wiki, but it's got an interrogation mark. I've just got its Windows version to run without Steam on a 32bit Wine prefix pre-set as Windows 7.

If you accept tests done on Linux with Wine, you can mark that one as confirmed for Windows. :)
When these become games you can install, install from archive, and play without the Steam client and connecting to Valve, I might be tempted to give it a try.

Alas, there are reasons I abandoned Steam, and one of them starts with the letter v.
Thanks so much for that list!
3 more, tested on Linux:

· CAT Interstellar: completely DRM-free; worked out of the box

· Slayaway Camp: idem

· PolyRace: comes with its own steam_appid.txt file, but it doesn't seem to make any difference if it's there or not. The game starts, tries to 'connect to the server' and fails, so only the Training mode is available to the player (the other ones seem to depend on Steamworks or whatever)
Nelko_Lazar: When these become games you can install, install from archive, and play without the Steam client and connecting to Valve, I might be tempted to give it a try.

Alas, there are reasons I abandoned Steam, and one of them starts with the letter v.
The only thing these games don't offer is an installer. You can still archive them by yourself. So basically all attributes you mentioned above (install, play without the Steam client) are there. Yes, you need to connect to Valve ONCE when you are downloading it and if you hate Valve that much you would not want to do that but here on GOG you also need to be connected to download a game. Just to make it clear: GOG is better than Steam imo, no doubt about it for me. So whenever I have the possibility to get a GOG version today I will buy a game here. Sometimes that is not possible though and that's why I am using this list.
Post edited December 17, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: The only thing these games don't offer is an installer...
Off-topic:

You really should try buying Steam games from retail. I have. 80% of my 60+ games are bought retail. So yes, they do come with installers. And yes, they do install without need to connect to the Internet -- at first. But playing is another issue altogether.

If you've witnessed the deeds Valve has done to real life, innocent consumers for reasons as fleeting as a brain fart like I have with my own eyes and ears, your resolve to completely avoid them -- regardless of what games are available to GOG or Valve -- will be as absolute. I have no qualms not being able to play their "exclusive" selection.

It's not hate. I don't go out of my way to seek their annihilation, nor does this life choice come with any ill brooding. It's just principle. So I left Steam for Impulse. And when Impulse got ice-berged by GameStop, I set up shop here.
MarkoH01: The only thing these games don't offer is an installer...
Nelko_Lazar: Off-topic:

You really should try buying Steam games from retail. I have. 80% of my 60+ games are bought retail. So yes, they do come with installers. And yes, they do install without need to connect to the Internet -- at first. But playing is another issue altogether.

If you've witnessed the deeds Valve has done to real life, innocent consumers for reasons as fleeting as a brain fart like I have with my own eyes and ears, your resolve to completely avoid them -- regardless of what games are available to GOG or Valve -- will be as absolute. I have no qualms not being able to play their "exclusive" selection.

It's not hate. I don't go out of my way to seek their annihilation, nor does this life choice come with any ill brooding. It's just principle. So I left Steam for Impulse. And when Impulse got ice-berged by GameStop, I set up shop here.
Oh I did buy a lot of retail games before I discovered GOG and yes, I know that these often are nothing more than steam backups which are then restored (and they calling these installer). I also experienced how valve treated me like a thief when I reported to them my account was stolen. It took me over a week to get it back and in the end I was wondering why they did not want a DNA sample from me. So I don't like them and I will always prefer to buy here on GOG. But my principles are still not that strong that I won't buy anything from them - that's all.

I do understand people who don't want to do anything at all with Steam but for those who think different this list is a great thing. In case of thee games you are not dependent on steam after downloading it. I sometimes give them money (mostly only in sales so not much) but I am not dependent on what they decide after I bought the game. That freedom is important to me.
Post edited December 17, 2017 by MarkoH01
Two more: a new one and a confirmation for a Linux version.

1) Hamlet or the Last Game without MMORPG Features, Shaders ... worked fine without Steam on a 32bit Wine prefix pre-set as Windows 7.

2) Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink: I've checked that the Linux build can also be run independently of Steam with the 'steam_appid.txt file trick'.