It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tap Heroes runs without the steam client active - it even has built in achievements.

Tested on Win7/64
Post edited November 19, 2016 by MarkoH01
Volume is not on the list yet. Since it is featured in the recent humble bundle does somebody know if it runs without steam?
Okay, updated again! Thanks for the group effort as always, everybody!
Just bought Volume and I can confirm that it is running without the steam client when you create a file called steam_appid.txt entering 365770.

Saving and loading works without problem. However all online features are disabled and whenever you start the game a message telling you to start steam if you want the online features appears.

Tested on Win7/64
Post edited November 26, 2016 by MarkoH01
DISTRAINT runs great without steam.

tested on Win7/64
Not sure if its been mentioned elsewhere but Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe is the GOG version. There is a 285310_install.vdf file in the game directory which installs 3 registry keys including two in software\gog.com.

These also make the game a bit less transportable since you have to put them into the registry so it knows where the cd is.
Anyone who own Saints Row 2 on steam know whether it is drm-free as of late?

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.
vidsgame: Anyone who own Saints Row 2 on steam know whether it is drm-free as of late?

It is not.
vidsgame: Anyone who own Saints Row 2 on steam know whether it is drm-free as of late?

MarkoH01: It is not.
Thank you, Good Sir.
Hard Truck Apocalypse, IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, and Off-Road Drive work on Windows 7 64 bit without Steam.

I also have a minor question regarding this list: do visual novels count? I have The House in Fata Morgana on Steam and that can be run without Steam (I'd hazard a guess that there are other visual novels on Steam that are DRM-free, but Fata Morgana is the only one I own so I can't check).
Post edited December 02, 2016 by Blandsman
Hey I was wondering if somebody could help me test something on the list a moment. I see Doom 3 BFG listed and so far I've confirmed this for myself in Win7x64. I'm trying to test it on Win10x64 however and the RBDOOM exe just refuses to load anything. I've tried popping in command lines, using varying compatibility mode, using an older build of the RBDOOM exe and have made sure the Doom 3 BFG data was up to date before using it for the RBDOOM installation.

If anybody is using the BFG edition source port (using the 1.1.0 version right now) on Win10 x64, could you let me know if it's working for you?
It's quite suprising how many can be played without the Steam client. Especially those 10+ yrs old. I dunno, have two minds about Steam, yes it's customer service is in the top 1% of all companies across the world, but draconion enforced DRMs are still down to the developers, not Steam. Steam seems secular on the subject not minding wether developers put DRMs or not on their games.

That was a balls up! That was meant to say top 1% WORST of all companies..... nothing but stupid typoes that totally warp my entire posts today!
Post edited December 05, 2016 by JMayer70
JMayer70: It's quite suprising how many can be played without the Steam client. Especially those 10+ yrs old. I dunno, have two minds about Steam, yes it's customer service is in the top 1% of all companies across the world, but draconion enforced DRMs are still down to the developers, not Steam. Steam seems secular on the subject not minding wether developers put DRMs or not on their games.
I actually feel the same way. I'm absolutely delighted that GTA: San Andreas is drm free and on Steam but I also desire other games like Skyrim and GTA V to be drm free. I know that this has nothing to do with Valve's decision but more to do with Rockstar and Bethesda enforcing drm and on top of that there's no CD available that I could find for the special edition of Skyrim but maybe I could find one for GTA V, anyway I digress. Point is, I fully agree. Although, I have never dealt or had to deal with their customer service, it is up to the developers. Even many indie games nowadays go with Steam and choose to have drm. To add, as someone has stated before, Steam is unfortunately a very big platform in terms of its population and audience. Even CDprojectred uses it for all its games and were I to hypothetically release a drm free game to the public, I would too, simply because it would reach more people.
Okay, updated again! And yes, visual novels count, since they're listed as games. Heck, I'd start listing software from Steam if we want to do that, too.
Hi. Could someone please test the following?

-N++
-Thumper