It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In the steam version of Darkest DUngeon, I found a folder named "_windowsnosteam"... I dont know if this folder existed during early access state, i only got the steam version in november, and purchased it again here on GOG as soon as it was available without DRM...

So anyway i found it, and i tested to copy the wold darkestdungeon steam folder on an usb stick and bring the stick to a computer without steam installed at all and where the gog version wasnt installed yet...

It worked from this computer using the .exe in said folder. I wouldn't mind a couple people to double check if they could; i'm on Win7 pro 64bits.

Hope it helps
World War I

runs without the client, just launch the game .exe and it will start

tried on Linux with Wine

Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy

Win7/ 64
Vertiginous Golf

Win7/64
I've just got word that the latest stable update to Freedom Planet on Steam is no longer DRM-free. Which also sort of tells another story. I've also got word that all builds before and after 1.20.4 are not DRM-free, and that only 1.20.4 is DRM-free.

EDITED: Proven wrong. See posts below.
Post edited March 29, 2016 by PookaMustard
PookaMustard: I've just got word that the latest stable update to Freedom Planet on Steam is no longer DRM-free.
Will test this at once.
PookaMustard: I've just got word that the latest stable update to Freedom Planet on Steam is no longer DRM-free. Which also sort of tells another story. I've also got word that all builds before and after 1.20.4 are not DRM-free, and that only 1.20.4 is DRM-free.
I don't know who told you this but I just updated the game to the latest release , quit steam completely and started the game without any problems.

Here is the proof:
http://markoh01.lima-city.de/Proof2.jpg
(You can clearly see that steam is not runing anywhere)
Post edited March 28, 2016 by MarkoH01
PookaMustard: I've just got word that the latest stable update to Freedom Planet on Steam is no longer DRM-free.
MarkoH01: Will test this at once.
PookaMustard: I've just got word that the latest stable update to Freedom Planet on Steam is no longer DRM-free. Which also sort of tells another story. I've also got word that all builds before and after 1.20.4 are not DRM-free, and that only 1.20.4 is DRM-free.
MarkoH01: I don't know who told you this but I just updated the game to the latest release , quit steam completely and started the game without any problems.

Here is the proof:
That must be my fault, let me explain some things:
By default FP used to have DRM(requires steam to be open and the current logged in person to own the game) I can confirm that at least version 1.20.0 used to have DRM(and probably earlier builds as well), 1.20.3 and 1.20.4 don't have DRM for some reason(wrong .exe uploaded?).

They used to have two beta channels on steam, all those betas did have the above mentioned DRM, recently they pushed out a new build and closed down one of the beta channels. However, for some reason, people that were on the beta channel(and had the DRM update) wouldn't get the new update(which is DRM free, probably because same version number) so I was stuck with that build while testing it.
MarkoH01: Will test this at once.

I don't know who told you this but I just updated the game to the latest release , quit steam completely and started the game without any problems.

Here is the proof:
r543: That must be my fault, let me explain some things:
By default FP used to have DRM(requires steam to be open and the current logged in person to own the game) I can confirm that at least version 1.20.0 used to have DRM(and probably earlier builds as well), 1.20.3 and 1.20.4 don't have DRM for some reason(wrong .exe uploaded?).

They used to have two beta channels on steam, all those betas did have the above mentioned DRM, recently they pushed out a new build and closed down one of the beta channels. However, for some reason, people that were on the beta channel(and had the DRM update) wouldn't get the new update(which is DRM free, probably because same version number) so I was stuck with that build while testing it.
Ah, thank you for explaining this. So I guess it is sure to say that actual versions of FP (of which I just played a level just to be sure) are still DRM-free?
r543: That must be my fault, let me explain some things:

MarkoH01: Ah, thank you for explaining this. So I guess it is sure to say that actual versions of FP (of which I just played a level just to be sure) are still DRM-free?
The current versions, yes, however I wouldn't be sure if they will still are DRM free in the future. Given how "chaotic" stuff can be with Galaxytrail and how the original builds(and steam only betas) had DRM, it might be possible that the current free builds just happened to be accidentaly wrong .exes.
In any case I think it's best to say that for Freedom Planet it depends on game build/version(although version number isn't something safe to use since there sometimes are multiple builds with the same version number)
MarkoH01: Ah, thank you for explaining this. So I guess it is sure to say that actual versions of FP (of which I just played a level just to be sure) are still DRM-free?
r543: The current versions, yes, however I wouldn't be sure if they will still are DRM free in the future. Given how "chaotic" stuff can be with Galaxytrail and how the original builds(and steam only betas) had DRM, it might be possible that the current free builds just happened to be accidentaly wrong .exes.
In any case I think it's best to say that for Freedom Planet it depends on game build/version(although version number isn't something safe to use since there sometimes are multiple builds with the same version number)
But in the end this would be true to nearly every game here which would make the list completely worthless. We all cannot foresee the future so there is no 100% safety.
Post edited March 28, 2016 by MarkoH01
Nevermind. Just missed its entry on the wiki.
Post edited March 28, 2016 by Grargar
r543: The current versions, yes, however I wouldn't be sure if they will still are DRM free in the future. Given how "chaotic" stuff can be with Galaxytrail and how the original builds(and steam only betas) had DRM, it might be possible that the current free builds just happened to be accidentaly wrong .exes.
MarkoH01: But in the end this would be true to nearly every game here which would make the list completely worthless. We all cannot foresee the future so there is no 100% safety.
I didn't mean this only for the future but for the past builds, as not all of them are DRM free, so if an user wanted to test the beta build which had a new character first introduced, or maybe the first version of the game, they wouldn't be able to launch it drm free.
MarkoH01: But in the end this would be true to nearly every game here which would make the list completely worthless. We all cannot foresee the future so there is no 100% safety.
r543: I didn't mean this only for the future but for the past builds, as not all of them are DRM free, so if an user wanted to test the beta build which had a new character first introduced, or maybe the first version of the game, they wouldn't be able to launch it drm free.
Understood but in this case you could simply update the game to the newest version and backup this version. Of course this would require to use the steam client again but only temporary ;)
Both games in the <span class="bold">Neighbours from Hell Compilation</span> will run without the Steam client.
<span class="bold">Incoming + Incoming Forces</span> will both run without the Steam client.
<span class="bold">The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing</span> will run without the Steam client, but the game will warn you that the DLC packs will be disabled.

Tested on Windows 7 64-bit.
Post edited March 29, 2016 by Grargar
r543: I didn't mean this only for the future but for the past builds, as not all of them are DRM free, so if an user wanted to test the beta build which had a new character first introduced, or maybe the first version of the game, they wouldn't be able to launch it drm free.
MarkoH01: Understood but in this case you could simply update the game to the newest version and backup this version. Of course this would require to use the steam client again but only temporary ;)
Yeah, I meant more in case the player wanted to play the first version(because some things were different in the game back then and got made easier) or the first version of a character(for the same reasons mentioned).