It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

eric5h5: Then you just have the GOG version. No, because "replacing the Steam version with the GOG version" does not count as a patch.
The requirements in the wiki make it sound using a DRM free exe created by the devs would be ok, actually.
But if the user who's keeping that wiki (I think it's pedrovay2003?) could confirm, it'd be great.
_Auster_: The requirements in the wiki make it sound using a DRM free exe created by the devs would be ok, actually.
No, because it says "no cracks". If you have the Steam version, where would the GOG executable be coming from? Piracy, presumably. Because if you already owned the GOG version in the first place, you'd just be running that. The GOG version cannot be distributed freely.
Sadly, Record of Lodoss War-Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth- requires the Steam client to run.
Crimson-X: Deleted!

Comment was a mistake
So you CAN save your game in Panzer Paladin outside of Steam? That would be fantastic.

eric5h5: Then you just have the GOG version. No, because "replacing the Steam version with the GOG version" does not count as a patch.
_Auster_: The requirements in the wiki make it sound using a DRM free exe created by the devs would be ok, actually.
But if the user who's keeping that wiki (I think it's pedrovay2003?) could confirm, it'd be great.
The wiki page is generally referring to a .exe file that comes from an update file or something like that provided by the devs; replacing the files from one store's version with another isn't really the same thing, you might as well just buy it from the DRM-free store at that point.
Crimson-X: Deleted!

Comment was a mistake
pedrovay2003: So you CAN save your game in Panzer Paladin outside of Steam? That would be fantastic.

pedrovay2003: The wiki page is generally referring to a .exe file that comes from an update file or something like that provided by the devs; replacing the files from one store's version with another isn't really the same thing, you might as well just buy it from the DRM-free store at that point.
No you can't save without Steam... that's not why I deleted my comment.
Anyone planning on picking up The Pathless now that it's out on Steam? I'd rather buy it there than on Epic (where it is DRM-free).

EDIT: Tested, and it's a no-go. My apologies for the spam.
Post edited November 17, 2021 by pedrovay2003
Ion Fury can be played through EDuke32. Just copy the fury.grp file to the EDuke32 directory and it will be recognized in the launcher. Note: it is the same developer.
I made a few attempts to get SiN: Episodes running without the Steam Client, but all failed.
Get-A-Grip Chip works straight from the .exe without Steam running. No special tricks needed.

Windows 7

Btw I really recommend this game. Very fun and can be played either keyboard/mouse or controller.

Also I see Glare is on the list but it's only noted for Linux. It's DRM Free on Windows too. Need to update that.
Post edited November 22, 2021 by Crimson-X
Anyone tried or willing to try HighFleet? It's on sale now on Steam.
Working without the client (tested on win7):
-EastShade
-The Colossus Is Coming: The Interactive Experience (Freeware)
Post edited November 30, 2021 by russellskanne
Just tested out the Steam version of The Last Campfire. Compared to the Epic Store version, all you have to do is add the steam_appid.txt file next to the .exe to play without Steam. No other special tricks required. It doesn't do any of the weird file deleting stuff that the Epic version did when I tried to run that one without the client. You also don't get that web page asking you to login.

Also somethig really cool is apparently it shares the same save file as the Epix Store version. As soon as I loaded the game up, I automatically unlocked achievements for alot of the stuff I had already done so far.

Played on Windows 7 Yes it works fine on 7 despite it only saying Windows 10).
Post edited December 01, 2021 by Crimson-X
I'll be updating the wiki page soon, but I'm just chiming in to say that The Forgotten City is DRM-free, no tricks needed.

EDIT: Okay, we're all updated again!
Post edited December 07, 2021 by pedrovay2003
Armored Head is DRM-Free out of the box. No special tricks required.

Windows 7
Post edited December 07, 2021 by Crimson-X
Cave Story's Secret Santa can be launched without Steam directly from executable.