It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

B1tF1ghter: Well...
There was certainly no need to get salty.
I didnt.
B1tF1ghter: I just made a suggestion.
You didnt.
B1tF1ghter: You don't hv to hv abusive language towards me :/
I didnt.
B1tF1ghter: And I personally would test things first before posting. But that's just me ;)
I did.
B1tF1ghter: Again, no need to get salty or verbally abusive ;)
I didnt.
Now stop derailing the thread please.
B1tF1ghter: I just made a suggestion.
Sachys: You didnt.
Actually, no, I DID.
And if I failed to phrase it in a way that would make YOU understand my intent - well then - Gomenasai.

Sachys: Now stop derailing the thread please.
Actually, I merely asked you if you could provide some info on version identifier for archival info preservation purposes.
My post was ENTIRELY on topic.

But that's all I'm willing to say on that matter if you are unwilling to see what I meant ;)
Peace.
Sachys: You didnt.
B1tF1ghter: Actually, no, I DID.
And if I failed to phrase it in a way that would make YOU understand my intent - well then - Gomenasai.

Sachys: Now stop derailing the thread please.
B1tF1ghter: Actually, I merely asked you if you could provide some info on version identifier for archival info preservation purposes.

But that's all I'm willing to say on that matter if you are unwilling to see what I meant ;)
Peace.
I think the issue was you feeling the need to use caps in such a way that it made you sound really pushy and rude.
B1tF1ghter: Actually, no, I DID.

Actually, I merely asked you if you could provide some info on version identifier for archival info preservation purposes.

Peace.
Crimson-X: I think the issue was you feeling the need to use caps in such a way that it made you sound really pushy and rude.
Oh, if that was the case then Gomenasai. I am in an inconceivable amount of stress recently. Perhaps it's influencing my way of typing...
Well, anyway, it would be nice if people referring to some verion Z would provide appropriate info. That was my whole point.
Galaxy of Pen & Paper +1 (already in the list for Linux) will run out of the box for Windows 10, as well.
Post edited January 04, 2021 by Grargar
I see Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey (Steam-version) is in the latest Humble Choice.

Does the Steam-version of Ancestors: THO work DRM-FREE without Steam running in the background and you run it via the game's EXE from its game-folder ?

Looks like Ancestors: THO (Epic-version) does work DRM-FREE style, over on Epic Store, according to PC Gaming Wiki - [url=https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Ancestors:_The_Humankind_Odyssey]https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Ancestors:_The_Humankind_Odyssey[/url]

Would be sweet, if Steam-version is actually given the same DRM-FREE style treatment.
Post edited January 01, 2021 by MysterD
MysterD: I see Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey (Steam-version) is in the latest Humble Choice.

Does the Steam-version of Ancestors: THO work DRM-FREE without Steam running in the background and you run it via the game's EXE from its game-folder ?

Looks like Ancestors: THO (Epic-version) does work DRM-FREE style, over on Epic Store, according to PC Gaming Wiki - [url=https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Ancestors:_The_Humankind_Odyssey]https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Ancestors:_The_Humankind_Odyssey[/url]

Would be sweet, if Steam-version is actually given the same DRM-FREE style treatment.
Tested in a computer that never had Steam installed and it didn't work, but I also didn't get any of the usual errors related to DRM'd games. Instead, I got the error shown in the attached image, and I couldn't find the file mentioned in the error in the PC where I downloaded the game. Also worth noting that I opened the game through Steam in my main computer before sending it to the computer that never had Steam installed, and I could confirm it worked if opened through Steam. Both computers are on Windows 10.
Attachments:
Sense - 不祥的预感: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story runs just fine on a PC that never had Steam installed. I just had to put a steam_appid.txt file with the game's ID (1120560) written in it in the same folder as the game's exe

Tested on Windows 10
I can't test in Linux or Mac since I don't have access to either of these OS right now
The Citadel appears to be DRM free, but there were some complications in the test.

[sorry in advance for the long post]

First, the game requires a newer version o DX11, which the computer I use for testing doesn't have. And since that computer is pretty much always offline, I couldn't update the drivers.
Second, it required some dll files, but even if I placed them in the exe's folder, the missing update for DX11 made it impossible to check if placing the dll files there worked at all.
Because of that, I had to test the game in the computer that has Steam installed.
In the computer with Steam installed, if the game is run directly from the exe with Steam open in the background, Steam doesn't recognize the game as being played (with the game open in the background, I checked in the launcher and in my profile, and in neither it was shown that I was playing the game)
To make sure, I also closed every possible process from Steam, renamed all exes from Steam and then tried to run the game again, and it opened normally.
Tested on Windows 10, but since Steam had already been installed in that computer, I don't know how much it tempered with the test.

Lastly, if someone wants to test the game as well, a word of advice: when you first open the game, hit f11 or alt+enter, go to Preferences > Graphic options and check if the selected resolution is higher than your PC's native resolution (either x, y or both). If it is, change it to any resolution lower than your PC's resolution. If you don't do it, chances are high neither the start screen menus or pause menus will work.
Post edited January 04, 2021 by _Auster_
Streets of Red: Devil's Dare Deluxe will run without the client, out of the box

Asura: Vengeance Edition (already on the list for Linux) will also run without the client, but you will need to use steam_appid trick (524640).
Post edited January 04, 2021 by Grargar
Was AVGN Deluxe updated to include DRM? I just checked the game, it doesn't work for me. You can get to the title screen but no options or anything show up, you're effectively locked out of the game at the menu.
Need to move The Cave the steam_appid.txt section. The game tries to launch the client otherwise.
Exceed20XX: Was AVGN Deluxe updated to include DRM? I just checked the game, it doesn't work for me. You can get to the title screen but no options or anything show up, you're effectively locked out of the game at the menu.
I don't have it but did you try the steam_appid.txt trick?
Post edited January 06, 2021 by Crimson-X
Exceed20XX: Was AVGN Deluxe updated to include DRM? I just checked the game, it doesn't work for me. You can get to the title screen but no options or anything show up, you're effectively locked out of the game at the menu.
That's bizarre, I just tried it, and I can't get it working, either. I swear, I was able to play it without Steam not too long ago.
Bought Penko Park duing the Steam Winter sale and just started it up.

Can happily say it's DRM Free! No special tricks required. Just launch the .exe

Windows 7

P.s. If you liked Pokemon Snap, you will love this! It's pretty good.
Post edited January 15, 2021 by Crimson-X
I'll be updating the wiki soon. Sorry for the delay, I got a new job recently, and it's a soulless piece of crap that sucks all of the energy out of me.

Also, a request: Does anyone have Streets of Rage 4 on Steam that they can test? I know it's available on GOG, but the fact that it doesn't have online play in the GOG version is kind of a bummer.

EDIT: Oh, it looks like they actually did finally add multiplayer to the GOG version, if I'm reading the store page correctly. While I'm still curious about the Steam version, that's pretty great news on the GOG front.
Post edited January 17, 2021 by pedrovay2003