It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

thanks for sharing dudes
Post edited December 31, 2020 by reveng88
Stellaris on any Linux Distro.

just run ./.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Stellaris/stellaris from your home directory.
MysteryK: I created my own list on Steam when it comes to games that launch without the client.

https://store.steampowered.com/curator/38286811/

Most of those games I have them on my Steam library, and I have tested them myself. Some do require additions like the Steam app id text, or small modifications that the developer themselves revealed to me.

Still a small list, but it will grow over time.

Check it out if interested.
Good to know. There used to be another curator for DRM-free games, but they haven't written anything since 2018.
The PICO-8 game KONSAIRI, as well as its DLC, which is a separated program, seem to be completely DRM free.
When starting either the game or the DLC directly by their executables in my PC with Steam installed and logged in, neither of them launched Steam or where recognized by Steam as being played.
And when run from a different PC, which never had Steam installed, both apps loaded fine.
Both tests were done on Windows 10.
And according to SteamDB, both the game and the DLC are available for macOS and Linux, but I can't test these versions as I don't have access to these OS.
Post edited December 23, 2020 by _Auster_
Does anyone know if Penko Park works without Steam?
Medieval Total War Gold Edition is absolutely DRM-free and runs from EXE.

WinXP/Win7 32bit
high rated
Among Us, just add the "steam_appid.txt". I got the feeling it was DRM free because I purchase it at itchi.io
Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection will work without the client out of the box. No such luck with Zwei: The Arges Adventure, which won't work at all. Tested both on Windows 10.
Post edited December 25, 2020 by Grargar
Hinedere Beat (NSFW game) works just fine without Steam, no tricks required.

Tested on Windows 10, and according to SteamDB, it's only available for Windows.
Dungeon Lords Steam Edition is absolute Steam-free and runs from EXE.

WinXP/Win7

P.S. I don't recommend this edition of DL though, it lacks some valuable traits of original version of the game, adds some dubious ones instead and adds its own bugs. It's better to play the good old Collectors Edition.
As confirmed by the devs and my own testing, Project Wingman is DRM-free on Steam. Tested on Windows 10.
Post edited December 28, 2020 by Reyold12
May have been mentioned but the new version of Deathtrap Dungeon (with Eddie Marsan) works without launching the client.
Does not even appear to have a steam dll in the folder.
Thats about as far as I can test it right now.
Sachys: May have been mentioned but the new version of Deathtrap Dungeon (with Eddie Marsan) works without launching the client.
Does not even appear to have a steam dll in the folder.
Thats about as far as I can test it right now.
I know NOT EVERYBODY can crawl SteamDB and dig up manifests.
But please, if you or any of you EVER specify "game Z is DRM free 'now'" then at least specify when was the last patch released so that PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT VERSION is ACTUALLY DRM-free.
Seriously.

Just a suggestion. You are free to do as you please. Tho implementing some standards would help those who care about this thread in the first place (it would highly improve clarity).
B1tF1ghter: I know NOT EVERYBODY can crawl SteamDB and dig up manifests.
No. We can't - if i had the bloody time id have tested it fully AND reached out to the developer, but I dont, so shove your ALL CAPS up your USB 3.0 and have a happy new year you giant numpty shape! :)
B1tF1ghter: I know NOT EVERYBODY can crawl SteamDB and dig up manifests.
Sachys: No. We can't - if i had the bloody time id have tested it fully AND reached out to the developer, but I dont, so shove your ALL CAPS up your USB 3.0 and have a happy new year you giant numpty shape! :)
Well...
There was certainly no need to get salty.
I just made a suggestion.
You don't hv to hv abusive language towards me :/

I just made a suggestion - a good one IMO - no hard feelings ;)

And I personally would test things first before posting. But that's just me ;)
Again, no need to get salty or verbally abusive ;)
Post edited December 31, 2020 by B1tF1ghter