It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A question on Crusader Kings II: when it was free on Steam, I have claimed it and made a note for myself that the game is DRM-free, but I haven't kept the game folder.

Now that I've just downloaded it from Steam and start up the game, it asks me to create an account with email and create a password that I'm apparently supposed to use to login? What's up with the 'DRM-free' status of Crusader Kings II then?

When I search this topic, I find Crusader Kings II being mentioned in 2018 as being DRM-free.
Post edited November 29, 2020 by DubConqueror
DubConqueror: A question on Crusader Kings II: when it was free on Steam, I have claimed it and made a note for myself that the game is DRM-free, but I haven't kept the game folder.

Now that I've just downloaded it from Steam and start up the game, it asks me to create an account with email and create a password that I'm apparently supposed to use to login? What's up with the 'DRM-free' status of Crusader Kings II then?

When I search this topic, I find Crusader Kings II being mentioned in 2018 as being DRM-free.
Keep in mind that I've never played Crusader Kings 2. I think that is if you want to play online, since it is published by Paradox Interactive.
428: Shibuya Scramble can be launched directory without Steam running, despite PCGamingWiki shows otherwise.

However I have not further tested the game (actually playing/saving), so could anyone prove or disprove?
Tangledeep and its 2 DLCs work flawlessly on win 10.
DubConqueror: A question on Crusader Kings II: when it was free on Steam, I have claimed it and made a note for myself that the game is DRM-free, but I haven't kept the game folder.

coates32: Keep in mind that I've never played Crusader Kings 2. I think that is if you want to play online, since it is published by Paradox Interactive.
Thanks. You're right. I've tried it now: by opening CK2game.exe the game launches without Steam opening and there's a button 'Play' in the lower right that lets you launch the game without creating an account.
Post edited November 30, 2020 by DubConqueror
"Nine Witches: Family Disruption" is running perfectly fine without Steam out of the box.

(Tested on Win7)
Post edited December 06, 2020 by MarkoH01
Disc Creatures can be ran from the .exe file. Can be played drm-free.
AmethystViper: ETHER VAPOR Remaster (Steam App ID: 214570) — DRM-free game, does not need any tricks to bypass Steam.

Fairy Bloom Freesia (Steam App ID: 214590) — Same as ETHER VAPOR Remaster.
Do the cutscenes work for you? Because they don't for me, and I was wondering if it's because they are somehow tied to Steam.
I created my own list on Steam when it comes to games that launch without the client.

https://store.steampowered.com/curator/38286811/

Most of those games I have them on my Steam library, and I have tested them myself. Some do require additions like the Steam app id text, or small modifications that the developer themselves revealed to me.

Still a small list, but it will grow over time.

Check it out if interested.
MysteryK: I created my own list on Steam when it comes to games that launch without the client.

Most of those games I have them on my Steam library, and I have tested them myself. Some do require additions like the Steam app id text, or small modifications that the developer themselves revealed to me.

I see that you have Shantae and the Pirate's Curse in your list. How were you able to run it without the Steam client? I tried renaming the Steam executable, adding a Steam_appid file, deleting the Steam_api.dll, but the game refuses to launch without the client.
MysteryK: I created my own list on Steam when it comes to games that launch without the client.

Grargar: I see that you have Shantae and the Pirate's Curse in your list. How were you able to run it without the Steam client? I tried renaming the Steam executable, adding a Steam_appid file, deleting the Steam_api.dll, but the game refuses to launch without the client.
Several months ago I did run the main executable without the client. It seems wayforward decided to update its terms. Thank you, I'll remove it asap.

Yup, they added the Steam stub DRM. What a pity...
Post edited December 08, 2020 by MysteryK
As with other Tribute Games games, Panzer Paladin is DRM Free. No special tricks needed.

Windows 7
Crimson-X: As with other Tribute Games games, Panzer Paladin is DRM Free. No special tricks needed.

Windows 7
Updated, and by checking the brand name I have "Mercenary Kings" in my library install it, and also it can be launched without the client.

Another has been added as well.
AmethystViper: ETHER VAPOR Remaster (Steam App ID: 214570) — DRM-free game, does not need any tricks to bypass Steam.

Fairy Bloom Freesia (Steam App ID: 214590) — Same as ETHER VAPOR Remaster.
Reyold12: Do the cutscenes work for you? Because they don't for me, and I was wondering if it's because they are somehow tied to Steam.
The story cutscenes are working for me, tested from a New Game and an earlier save from the end of the game.
AVGN Adventure 1 and 2 Deluxe is DRM-free, and so is Cyberpunk 2077. I'll be updating the wiki soon.