It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I wonder, would it be possible to replicate this method from the RE2 DLCs on The Messenger?
I'd try it myself, but I haven't played it past the intro, sorry.
_Auster_: I wonder, would it be possible to replicate this method from the RE2 DLCs on The Messenger?
I had this same thought a little while ago, when we were originally talking about The Messenger. The problem is that the Steam version of The Messenger doesn't have the extra DLC file that the Epic Store version has. With the Epic Store version, you can see an actual, extra file that's clearly there to enable the DLC in the base of the installation folder; the Steam version doesn't have that file, so I have no idea where the DLC data even is.
Post edited October 14, 2020 by pedrovay2003
_Auster_: I wonder, would it be possible to replicate this method from the RE2 DLCs on The Messenger?
pedrovay2003: I had this same thought a little while ago, when we were originally talking about The Messenger. The problem is that the Steam version of The Messenger doesn't have the extra DLC file that the Epic Store version has. With the Epic Store version, you can see an actual, extra file that's clearly there to enable the DLC in the base of the installation folder; the Steam version doesn't have that file, so I have no idea where the DLC data even is.
It might be a bit of a stretch, but I remember a 18+ game that, to enable the previously cut content, you just had to create a blank text file, change its name and extension and place it in the executable's folder. Perhaps it's the same for The Messenger?
Post edited October 14, 2020 by _Auster_
pedrovay2003: I had this same thought a little while ago, when we were originally talking about The Messenger. The problem is that the Steam version of The Messenger doesn't have the extra DLC file that the Epic Store version has. With the Epic Store version, you can see an actual, extra file that's clearly there to enable the DLC in the base of the installation folder; the Steam version doesn't have that file, so I have no idea where the DLC data even is.
_Auster_: It might be a bit of a stretch, but I remember a 18+ game that, to enable the previously cut content, you just had to create a blank text file, change its name and extension and place it in the executable's folder. Perhaps it's the same for The Messenger?
I just tried it, and I couldn't get it working. I think The Messenger may work differently.
Here's a few I've recently discovered, all tested on Windows:

*Deathstate

*PixelFade's entire catalog: Ace Academy, Crystalline, Kaori After Story, and Ethereal Enigma

*Mr. Shifty

*Noitu Love Devolution 2, if it's not already on there.

*Giga Wrecker

*Little Witch Nobeta (in Early Access)

*Gensokyo Night Festival
Post edited October 24, 2020 by Reyold12
Amnesia: Rebirth has been updated, and there's now a DRM-free "AmnesiaRebirth_NoSteam.exe" file in the installation folder that runs without Steam. :D
Exceed20XX: I can try testing it sometime, I have the DLCs for both.

Edit: Incredible, it works for both. I don't know if I have ALL of the DLCs but everything I loaded on both worked. It seems.
Wait, are you saying you got it to work for DMC5? Because I can't get the free 100,000 red orbs DLC to register with this method.
Exceed20XX: I can try testing it sometime, I have the DLCs for both.

Edit: Incredible, it works for both. I don't know if I have ALL of the DLCs but everything I loaded on both worked. It seems.
MischiefMaker: Wait, are you saying you got it to work for DMC5? Because I can't get the free 100,000 red orbs DLC to register with this method.
I don't know about the orb one since it's one of those weird consumable dlc types, but I know the live action cutscene one and joke weapons worked for me.
pedrovay2003: Amnesia: Rebirth has been updated, and there's now a DRM-free "AmnesiaRebirth_NoSteam.exe" file in the installation folder that runs without Steam. :D
Oh, that's awesome.
I wish more games would be clear in their game-folders, letting us know if there's a NoSteam.exe. :)
Post edited November 03, 2020 by MysterD
I did not see Mount & Blade Warband on the list. You can dl the game from Taleworlds install it with the exe. file and activate it with your Steam CD key, Then youll be able to play it independent of Steam.
Crypt Stalker is DRM Free. Runs without the Steam client without any special tricks.

Note: If you have any antivirus running, you will need to make an exception for the .exe because it will think it's a virus. It has been confirmed by the developer to be a false positive. I actually had to make 2 exceptions. One or the downloading folder in SteamApps because it would never actually finish installing it fully and kept quarantining the .exe. Then another exception for the .exe itself because it would just quarantine it when I tried to launch the game.

I have AVG antivirus.

Running Windows 7 64bit.
Savage Halloween is also DRM Free. No special tricks needed. Launches straight from the .exe
I just discovered that the same trick that makes the Epic Store version of ARK: Survival Evolved DRM-free works with Steam, too: Make a shortcut to ShooterGame.exe, go into its properties, and put -EpicPortal at the end of the Target field. I was able to load my save data, too.

I'll be updating the wiki soon here, everyone!
Okay, we're all updated!
Should update Yuppie Psycho's listing. It works drm-free on Windows as well.