It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For Honor?

As the game itself is already incorporated within Uplay, you won't be opening Steam but Uplay instead. Haha.....
Imperator Rome (actually free W-E) can be launch outside the Steam UI

[in fact here, it's the only way to make it works, as the launcher through steam crashes))
Impecea: For Honor?

As the game itself is already incorporated within Uplay, you won't be opening Steam but Uplay instead. Haha.....
Good point however, to make it more clear, we are looking for games that work independently of their client. This also brings up an interesting issue of although games might be free of the Steam client, depending on the game, they might have Uplay or Origin tied to them.

We do often list games from Epic as many of them, including the ones given away for free, are independent of their client after download. There are some exceptions of course. For Honor and Watch_Dogs, both given away on Epic, are tied to Ubisoft.

We should clear up, especially for anyone new, that games that are untethered from their client (in that they only use the client for downloading of the game itself and afterward the game can be played without the client) are the best options to list here.
pedrovay2003: Also, on the Epic store, Control, the new game from the Alan Wake and Quantum Break people, is completely DRM-free.
MarkoH01: I know this is a bit OT, but the recent free Epic games are all playable without the client after download:
vidsgame: I was hoping this was true for Kingdom Come that was recently free on Epic but no dice. Haha. I've been keeping up with them and there's no cost to trying them unless you count time and space on your drive.
I've just created a "sister" thread to this one for the Epic Store:-
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/epic_store_games_you_can_play_without_the_epic_launcher

If you three and anyone else here who regularly tests Epic Store games for DRM want to contribute (or even direct editing rights to the spreadsheet), let me know and I'll happily add you as co-authors (needs a GMail account) as you guys seem to consistently stay on top of this stuff. Thanks.
vidsgame: I was hoping this was true for Kingdom Come that was recently free on Epic but no dice. Haha. I've been keeping up with them and there's no cost to trying them unless you count time and space on your drive.
AB2012: I've just created a "sister" thread to this one for the Epic Store:-
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/epic_store_games_you_can_play_without_the_epic_launcher

If you three and anyone else here who regularly tests Epic Store games for DRM want to contribute (or even direct editing rights to the spreadsheet), let me know and I'll happily add you as co-authors (needs a GMail account) as you guys seem to consistently stay on top of this stuff. Thanks.
I'd like to contribute and have editing rights.
Regions of Ruin

Tested on Windows 10 64bit. There's a giveaway for this game at the moment, so give it a shot if you don't have it yet.

Also, shouldn't DOOM 64 be listed under the steam_appid.txt section?
Crimson-X: I'd like to contribute and have editing rights.
Hi, thanks very much I'd be happy to do that. I need to add your GMail account to approved editors but obviously that's something you'd not want to post in public. I can't PM you though due to your GOG chat settings (In Privacy & Settings you may need to change it from Nobody to everyone or friends only) so if you want to PM me that, I'll add that later on. Thanks very much for the help.
DCG83: Also, shouldn't DOOM 64 be listed under the steam_appid.txt section?
Yes Doom 64 will not start without the appid.txt trick.
Super Dangerous Dungeons and Duke Dashington Remastered are both 100% DRM Free.

I also definetely recommend playing them. They are simple mobile to PC games (as you can tell from the menu system) but are actually quite good and cheap. The devs have some other games but I haven't tried them yet, though I can probably assume they would DRM Free as well.
Blossom Tales The Sleeping King is also DRM Free!
Have a N.I.C.E day! and N.I.C.E 2 (or Breakneck as its also known as) both run without the Steam client.

Just install them from Steam, copy the folder to another directory or system then uninstall them in Steam. Then you can exit Steam.

(You will need to run N.I.C.E 2 as an admin and run setup.bat from the games folder and uncheck Software Engine before it will work though, but that's down to the age of the game.)
AB2012: I've just created a "sister" thread to this one for the Epic Store:-

Oh, this is awesome! I'd love to contribute!
pedrovay2003: Oh, this is awesome! I'd love to contribute!
Hey thanks. If you want to directly be able to edit the spreadsheet (as you do this Wiki) just message me your GMail address and I'll add that (it looks like you've disabled your chat settings at the moment). Crimson-X is the other editor at the moment. Hopefully that list will keep running just like this one :-)
pedrovay2003: Oh, this is awesome! I'd love to contribute!
AB2012: Hey thanks. If you want to directly be able to edit the spreadsheet (as you do this Wiki) just message me your GMail address and I'll add that (it looks like you've disabled your chat settings at the moment). Crimson-X is the other editor at the moment. Hopefully that list will keep running just like this one :-)
Sure. I'd love to contribute.
Manual Samual is DRM-free on Windows (7) as well.
And it is free on Humble right now (if you subscribe to the newsletter that is).