It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crimson-X: What version is the enhanced edition then? On the Steam update history it has this for version 7.0.0.0

https://steamcommunity.com/games/269650/announcements/detail/1699448143471838496

The GOG changelog doesn't show this. It stopped at 6.0.0.0
MarkoH01: It is correct that the latest update is still missing on GOG - but the Enhanced version update was earlier.
Also: be careful with the GOG changelog - many updates for many games are on GOG without changelog. In this case however the version is 6.0.0.0 as well - so it is outdated ... just not "not even enhacned version" kind of outdated.

Here is the enhanced announcement (was in 2015 already):
https://steamcommunity.com/games/269650/announcements/detail/80294362240780250
I get ya. I had never even installed Dex and was only going off this info.

Sucks though that the Steam version now fully requires the Client to play. I had bought it when I read about that and then found out it didn't work. :(

Wonder if there is any way to take files from the Steam version and drop into the GOG version.
Post edited January 03, 2020 by Crimson-X
MarkoH01: It is correct that the latest update is still missing on GOG - but the Enhanced version update was earlier.
Also: be careful with the GOG changelog - many updates for many games are on GOG without changelog. In this case however the version is 6.0.0.0 as well - so it is outdated ... just not "not even enhacned version" kind of outdated.
Crimson-X: I get ya. I had never even installed Dex and was only going off this info.

Sucks though that the Steam version now fully requires the Client to play. I had bought it when I read about that and then found out it didn't work. :(

Wonder if there is any way to take files from the Steam version and drop into the GOG version.
Of course you could rollback to the DRM-free version if you can live with an even more outdated version but I would rather suggest getting it on GOG either on sale or a giveaway - of course it is still outdated here ... no version is perfect.

Edit: But it seems as if you already own the GOG version as well.
Post edited January 03, 2020 by MarkoH01
Edit*

Dunno what happened... my previous post completely disappeared and now it shows up again.

Anywho I do have Dex on GOG already. Actually remember getting if free originally.
Post edited January 03, 2020 by Crimson-X
Crimson-X: Edit*

Dunno what happened... my previous post completely disappeared and now it shows up again.
It is called "GOG Forums" :D

It is a bug not a feature ... no .. wait ... oh what the heck: it's a typical GOG bug.

Edit: Dex is a Unity game - will be hard to replace only some files and trying to update it by mixing Steam with GOG.
Better idea would be to bug the devs as hard and much as possible to let them update the GOG version to the latest version. I guess that's what I will do right now.

Edit: Just contacted tem on Twitter and Facebook - let's see if it helps.
Post edited January 03, 2020 by MarkoH01
Hope they respond. Fingers crossed.
Crimson-X: Hope they respond. Fingers crossed.
Well, your finger crossing helped ;)

""Hi Marko, we apologize for a late reply. yes, you’re right.
Update 7.0.0.0 was released just for Steam, because it was necessarily to update Steam API.
The update wasn’t contain a final version of all changes what we planned. The final version of the update will be release on all platforms in a few weeks as a new update. The main changes are non-English localizations.
Sincerely
Dreadlocks""
Oh niiice!
Dungreed (a Rogue-lite similar to rogue legacy but with random loot drops and more) is DRM-free.
XenoRaptor runs without Steam, a chaotic twin stick shooter (set in space, your a space dragon!) that made me think of Noita almost with how crazy things got on screen.

All of Manga Gamers catalog I'm fairly certain are also DRM-free on steam, including the ones bought from their store except some of the older releases.
- Finding Paradise (currently marked as DRM-Free for Linux but unknown for Windows) is not DRM-Free for Windows. Starting the game directly throws up an error message "Please launch this game from your Steam client"

- Whispers Of A Machine is DRM-Free for Windows and works fine with no workarounds. Link is here:-
https://store.steampowered.com/app/631570/Whispers_of_a_Machine/
Alpha Polaris runs fine without the client out of the box on Windows 10.

The game has also become free (as in free beer) on Steam due to the developer closing.
Starcom: Nexus runs perfectly fine without Steam, but the game feels like "Landinar into the Void" but with less variety and without as much graphics, both games kind of suck.

The game "Perfect Lover" runs without Steam as well...
Okay, we're all updated again, everyone! :-D
Just added killer7 to the list.
pedrovay2003: Just added killer7 to the list.
DANGIT! Now I need to get that... will have to wait for it to go on sale.
Escape Lala

- Completely DRM-free, hardly surprising, as it's a freeware game.

Escape Lala 2

- The commercial sequel, also DRM-free.

Fantasy Quest Solitaire

- DRM-free.

Tardy

- Partial success with steam_appid.txt method. The game won't start as is, but having 815000 in the steam_appid.txt file allows it to run. It works perfectly well until the end of chapter 1, and then it stalls. There's more to the story... In case you happen to have an existing save that begins in chapter 2, you can load it and play the game until the game stalls again where the chapter 2 changes to chapter 3.
So it seems that for some reason chapter changes with short cutscenes don't work without Steam client, but with existing save game files it is possible to play the game and get around that.

The Darkside Detective

- This is an update, as the game is already listed as DRM-free. For me, the game doesn't run as is, but with steam_appid.txt method (368390) it does. I don't know if someone else has managed to get it running without any tweaking.

All these tested on Windows 10.