It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Naathir: Also a lil bit of OT. Two months ago I found at a thrift shop a DVD with Tomb Raider games at only aprox. 3 Euros. It is called "Tomb Raider Triple Pack Edition" and guess what? It contains Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Tomb Raider: Underworld patched to the last versions and completely DRM-Free. Sorry for any typos I might have made :D.
Seeing your attached pic I have to ask (since I am curious). You come from Romania but you live in Germany? The pic you showed obviously is a German version (which begs the question if it is multi lingual as well).
Serious Sam Classics: Revolution will run out of the box without the Steam client on Windows 10 64-bit.
Naathir: Also a lil bit of OT. Two months ago I found at a thrift shop a DVD with Tomb Raider games at only aprox. 3 Euros. It is called "Tomb Raider Triple Pack Edition" and guess what? It contains Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Tomb Raider: Underworld patched to the last versions and completely DRM-Free. Sorry for any typos I might have made :D.
MarkoH01: Seeing your attached pic I have to ask (since I am curious). You come from Romania but you live in Germany? The pic you showed obviously is a German version (which begs the question if it is multi lingual as well).
Sorry for late reply. No sir. I stil live in Romania. Thrift shops here have all kinds of things from other countries too. And yes they are multi. I just checked them and Tomb Raider Legend is: EN/DE/FR/IT/ES, Tomb Raider: Anniversary: EN/DE/FR/IT/ES and Underworld has: EN/DE/FR/IT/ES/PL/RU.
Post edited November 22, 2019 by Naathir
MarkoH01: Seeing your attached pic I have to ask (since I am curious). You come from Romania but you live in Germany? The pic you showed obviously is a German version (which begs the question if it is multi lingual as well).
Naathir: Sorry for late reply. No sir. I stil live in Romania. Thrift shops here have all kinds of things from other countries too. And yes they are multi. I just checked them and Tomb Raider Legend is: EN/DE/FR/IT/ES, Tomb Raider: Anniversary: EN/DE/FR/IT/ES and Legend has: EN/DE/FR/IT/ES/PL/RU.
Thank you :)
The hidden gem 'Survivalist' works with the appid.txt = 340050.
It's currently 1 € at 'Humble', a real steal.
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/survivalist

edit: I forgot to mention: tested on win 7 and win 10
Post edited November 26, 2019 by Dolantin
pedrovay2003: Also, let me just say that I'm THRILLED with Arkham Knight being DRM-free on Epic. It was the first game I bought that had Denuvo (which is still present in the Steam version), and it was the first game in years that I had been locked out of playing. I had no idea what Denuvo even was before that game, so to finally have a version free of restrictions makes me ecstatic.
StingingVelvet: Don't count on it being DRM free forever, as some games have been patched to require the client after they came out.
That's true, but it's been very few; the only ones I can think of are Tetris Effect and Control, and Control's DRM was removed again (after I made a Reddit thread about it, so I was pretty proud of that). I have backups of all of the games that I want to keep, anyway.
I'm playing Disco Elysium via family sharing now and it runs without steam on.
Ironcast along with its DLCs is Steam-free.

Tested on WinXP.
Not sure if these were mentioned before, but after discovering someone was able to make the Steam release of Valkyria Chronicles DRM-free by creating a steam_appid.txt file containing their associated App ID numbers, I tried a couple of other games I have that can or cannot be made DRM-free with this method for games that did not already have a steam_appid.txt:

Crazy Taxi - YES (App ID: "71230")
Space Channel 5 Part 2 - YES (App ID: "71260")
Renegade Ops - No
Gundemonium Recollection - No (tried the other games in the series and did not work either)
Mother Russia Bleeds - YES (App ID: "361300")
Enter the Gungeon - YES (App ID: "311690")
Streets of Fury EX - YES (App ID: "350910")
Devil Daggers - No
Beat Hazard/Ultra - No (Shame seeing that the current GOG version is gimped and the dev removed the DRM-free Windows build from the Humble Store without warning)
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure - No
• And METAGAL - No (same for METALOID: Origin)

Tested on Windows 10 Home, 64-bit.
Post edited December 11, 2019 by AmethystViper
Distortions
& Gray Skies, Dark Waters
& The Way of Life: Definitive Edition
are completely DRM free.

Dominions 5 has to be started once with steam - this creates a folder in the game's main folder, which contains a code. you have to enter this code once and then you can play Dom5 without steam, too.
Draw Slasher can be played without the client.
Of course Steam Cloud Option cannot be chosen in this case :)

Win7/64
Post edited December 15, 2019 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Draw Slasher can be played without the client.

Win7/64
Came here to report that and realized I was ninja'd by a whole day. :-)

The game also runs fine here (Win 10) but required the steam_appid.txt trick.
MarkoH01: Draw Slasher can be played without the client.

Win7/64
Geralt_of_Rivia: Came here to report that and realized I was ninja'd by a whole day. :-)

Interesting. After I read your post I wanted to be sure and tested it again. I does run out of the box for me ... so in this case Win7 and Win10 compatibility to run without client is a bit different. Just out of curiositiy: in some cases renaming the Steam folder and adding the appid.txt does the same (i.e. not accessing the client). Since I renamed the folder to prevent the game from being able to call the client I was wondering if you did the same for testing but still needed the appid.txt for the game to start or if the addition of appid.txt was simoly preventing the game from calling the client. (Hopefully it is clear what I mean).
Geralt_of_Rivia: Came here to report that and realized I was ninja'd by a whole day. :-)

MarkoH01: Interesting. After I read your post I wanted to be sure and tested it again. I does run out of the box for me ... so in this case Win7 and Win10 compatibility to run without client is a bit different. Just out of curiositiy: in some cases renaming the Steam folder and adding the appid.txt does the same (i.e. not accessing the client). Since I renamed the folder to prevent the game from being able to call the client I was wondering if you did the same for testing but still needed the appid.txt for the game to start or if the addition of appid.txt was simoly preventing the game from calling the client. (Hopefully it is clear what I mean).
I never had the client installed in the first place.
MarkoH01: Interesting. After I read your post I wanted to be sure and tested it again. I does run out of the box for me ... so in this case Win7 and Win10 compatibility to run without client is a bit different. Just out of curiositiy: in some cases renaming the Steam folder and adding the appid.txt does the same (i.e. not accessing the client). Since I renamed the folder to prevent the game from being able to call the client I was wondering if you did the same for testing but still needed the appid.txt for the game to start or if the addition of appid.txt was simoly preventing the game from calling the client. (Hopefully it is clear what I mean).
Geralt_of_Rivia: I never had the client installed in the first place.
Ah, in that case Win7 and Win10 behave different. Thank you!